Spring/summer NSX track day ...?!

Would be pretty cool to get as many NSX's together for a track day this coming season. Itll be somewhere between spring/summer , I think Kevin at Touge.ca would help organize one. Even if it's not only NSX's.

Who would actually come out?

-MSR

Mid-June there's a Ferrari Club track day at Calabogie. It's my favourite time of year to go to CMP, not only to admire the F-cars but also to spank them on the track. They are always looking for other cars to fill up the empty spots (and there are always empty spots). Price is usually around $350/day which is a good deal.

No details of the 2012 event yet but here's a thread I posted on Prime a couple of years ago.
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136350

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A CONTINGENT OF NSXs at this year's event!

Mosport GP would be fun, but Mosport DDT is more affordable given our small group of track rats. Perhaps a group of us can join a Hanson day. TMP would also be and option. The Touge guys seem to run a lot of cars at one time and can be intimidating for some.

CMP would be nice but a bit far for us “SoOnt” guys.

CMP is SW of Ottawa and is 4.5 hrs from Georgetown area............great track, but TMP is better for learning since it's flat and you can see thru the corners and will therefore learn the track faster. Mosport is still a great track and should be much smoother with the improvements they made and pretty central for most of us. I'd be in for a few days over the summer

John are they doing a one or two day event?

One day event, usually on Friday.

CMP is west of Ottawa, so closer to you SoOnt people. Its a tough track but Fcar day is not intimidating at all, in fact most Fcar guys are pretty tame. Great day to run the car, not push yourself too hard and enjoy the scenery.

Since i will be missing ESTFEST due to my sons hockey schedule(that has taken over my life) i would definately be in for this. Was this planned to be a track day with instruction or without?
We had fun at CMP last year but the weather made it a small (but great) crowd. Thanks again for that Owen.

Rob

I would definitely be interested...would prefer Mosport.

No you wouldn't.

display9

:cool:

Mosport , more elevation faster but with lots of walls that Porsche specialize in hitting.

Half hour away from me, he he.
Or the alternative for everyone would be shannonville , it's one hour and a half east from Toronto and perfect for a low key track day.

-MSR

If you want to keep costs below $600, you need 20+ cars at Mosport, and thats if the costs dont go up with the recent work (which they will, Mosport is really cheap relative to somewhere like Tremblant).

What I would do is piggy back on a Apex day. They'll do all of the logistics and you just show up.

If you want to combine it with Est Fest and invite our US friends, you may get 20 NSXs.

Ahhh, the good ol days!

2.jpg

Shannonville is also good...piggybacking with a recognised organisation at Mosport works well....or also combining with a another small marque club (for example Lotus, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Lamborghini) could bring the numbers up to contain costs.

I've never tracked at Shannonville but I hear the place is nothing to write home about.

I'm planning to try out ICAR this year, just for the heck of it. CMP, Tremblant and maybe a Hansons DDT event this summer is on my TDL.

How dare you bad talk the shannonring !!!

It's no Mosport , but it's an ok track to trash around .
Top speed at back straight it's just about 240-250kmh, one nice fast chicane and a great sweeper .

By the average driver skills its more than enough.

-MSR

Sorry M, no offense and I've never driven there but everything I have heard of Sville from locals in my lapping group has been sorta ...meh.

Come see us at CMP this year, you owe it to yourself to try it at least once. I guarantee you will wanna come back again and again. :biggrin:

IM in for any track day , any where.

MSR - what are you smoking???? Shanny and 250 kph - DREAMING!! Done thousands of laps on a bike and even the top superbikes won't get that and they accelerate so much faster then a car..........maybe the Porsche's have the lear jet engines - then okay:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Shanny is crapola, the worse track around and Gauthier (owner) doesn't put a cent into it, in fact the bike racers hold events to raise money so that we can pay for the improvements outselves for our safety, different then cars. Geesh, so many holes around Allen's corner, and corner 2 on the Pro track was so bumpy we finally fixed it. Used to be a good track with the 3 configurations but needs so much work to bring it up to the other tracks.

Guess on the positive side, it's cheap and close, but I'd rather support TMP

I might be off, don't get snarky with me.

Ok so what itis kids?
Mosport? Other tracks around the GTA are not at par.
Whish I could bring my car with me to the Nordschleife with me this summer, now thats a track.

Btw, just checked.
Im just north of 4rd gear at the straight of S.ville.
So just above 200kh. Not bad for a little track.

-MSS

Back