Spotted on Keystone (INDY)

Today about 2:00 on Keystone near the Wal-Mart. Red with red top factory wheels in the more gunmetal color. IN plates so I'm guessing local, just never seen it before. I know these threads are pointless but what can I say I'm bored, thats the most NSX action I've had in a month :tongue:

Nate

i think the red owners are snobs or something cause they never respond to these :(

for a second I was scared sh!tless when i saw your title cause my 01 spa yellow is in service at Penske Honda and thought oh SH!T!!!!!!! those b@stards better not be out for a joy ride!!!

Nate,

I had mine out about that time on Keystone from 96th to 146th. But then again, you've seen mine and I don't think my wheels match your description...

Big_nate said:
Today about 2:00 on Keystone near the Wal-Mart. Red with red top factory wheels in the more gunmetal color. IN plates so I'm guessing local, just never seen it before. I know these threads are pointless but what can I say I'm bored, thats the most NSX action I've had in a month :tongue:

Nate

Did it have the wheels that kind of looked like Zanardi rims?? I met another NSX owner a few days ago named Hal that has a red with red top 1991 NSX with dark gunmetal wheels that look like Zanardi wheels but are not. Might have been him.

Dan Ciesniewski said:
i think the red owners are snobs or something cause they never respond to these :(

for a second I was scared sh!tless when i saw your title cause my 01 spa yellow is in service at Penske Honda and thought oh SH!T!!!!!!! those b@stards better not be out for a joy ride!!!

At least someone will be driving it. :wink:

When I was at Ed Martin Acura Tuesday I saw (2) Formula Red NSX's, (1) Berlina Black NSX, and my Grand Prix White NSX. I also spotted a VW Phaeton with a less than happy owner..... ;)

Meeyatch1 said:
When I was at Ed Martin Acura Tuesday I saw (2) Formula Red NSX's, (1) Berlina Black NSX, and my Grand Prix White NSX. I also spotted a VW Phaeton with a less than happy owner..... ;)

holly sh!t dude!!!! you were in heaven!!! what was with the phaeton owner??

they said it should be done fri or mon, so if that solves the problem we're gonna go for a ride in a week or two :D

based on your other post with your ride with your boss at 140mph it should be a blast!!!.....we can play "keep up" or something :D

....oh wait :( i have the wind problem at 120+, but thats just a window allignment thing that can be done anytime :)

One of the red’s that Mitch saw was mine. It was in having the main targa seal replaced under warrantee (thanks to some previous posts here) when the tech BROKE the driver window switch while adjusting the seal. The Phaeton was also mine. That’s what I drove down so I could inspect the damage. I picked it up the next day (11/22) coving the path I listed above.

As I recall, the white owner was a little besides himself. Seemed he had some damage to the front lip and bumper. Hope that turns out OK …

Oh and I’ll try to be more snobbish in the future. I didn’t know I had a color repuatation to maintain!

whealy said:
One of the red’s that Mitch saw was mine. It was in having the main targa seal replaced under warrantee (thanks to some previous posts here) when the tech BROKE the driver window switch while adjusting the seal. The Phaeton was also mine. That’s what I drove down so I could inspect the damage. I picked it up the next day (11/22) coving the path I listed above.

As I recall, the white owner was a little besides himself. Seemed he had some damage to the front lip and bumper. Hope that turns out OK …

Oh and I’ll try to be more snobbish in the future. I didn’t know I had a color repuatation to maintain!

LMAO!!
what happend with the seal. Mines leaks sometimes in the touchless car wash just a drop or two, but also theres a wind noice problem abouve 120mph which I think weill be solved be a window reallignment, but could be the seal too.

whealy said:
Dan,

For more info on the seal, check this thread.

the woman that gave you some crap didnt happend to be Peggy Cottrell at Ed Martin would it? Her and another lady (long story short) acted as if I was a complete and total moron for going above just 5500 rpm!!! like i was gonna blow up the engine!!! when i told em vtec doesnt even come on until 7100 they shut up but then preceeded to blast me for redlining it!!!!!!! then further more bitched at me for going 120+ and werent interested in my wind problem at that speed WTF!!!!!!!!! So now I try and deal only with Dave Guzman, hes ALWAYS treated me right!!! BTW Im wating to here back if warrentee with cover the clear film replaced on the t-top and the the window allignment from her....after waiting 1 1/2 months orginally from her with nothing!!!!

That sh!t is f*cked up...I might just start going to Hubler Acura!!! alll the way on the southside

whealy said:
Dan,

the woman that gave you some crap didnt happend to be Peggy Cottrell at Ed Martin would it? Her and another lady (long story short) acted as if I was a complete and total moron for going above just 5500 rpm!!! like i was gonna blow up the engine!!! when i told em vtec doesnt even come on until 7100 they shut up but then preceeded to blast me for redlining it!!!!!!! then further more bitched at me for going 120+ and werent interested in my wind problem at that speed WTF!!!!!!!!! So now I try and deal only with Dave Guzman, hes ALWAYS treated me right!!! BTW Im wating to here back if warrentee with cover the clear film replaced on the t-top and the the window allignment from her....after waiting 1 1/2 months orginally from her with nothing!!!!

That sh!t is f*cked up...I might just start going to Hubler Acura!!! alll the way on the southside

whealy said:
Dan,

whealy said:
Dan,

whealy said:

LOL!! Yeah...it was one of those days for me. That front spoiler is coming off this weekend though and the OEM one is going back on for the winter. All in all though it is all part of the game of life I guess. :)

whealy....your car looks amazing with those wheels on it. It gives it an entirely different attitude than the OEM wheels. How long are you going to keep driving it? I am going to try and get a couple of locals together to grab a bite to eat and enjoy the cars for a bit if you are interested. Let me know! :D

Well I've been working over the holidays and then down to TN to see the family over the weekend so never had a chance to reply to my own thread! No, Whealy it definitely wasn't your car, if it was I would've waved. Though you'd probably be too stuck up to acknowledge the guy in the Integra :biggrin: .

Glad to see everybody else is still out there alive and kicking if not wrecked in some way or another. I almost joined all of you in the body shop a couple of weeks ago. Hit a wet spot going around that curve on 65 just north of downtown. Right before the Meridian exit where the road is two lanes with barriers on either side. Just happened to be in 2nd accelerating hard at the time :eek: Note to self, 'Don't be an idiot' Hope everybody had a good holiday, see you around.....

Nate

Oh yeah, I meant to mention; If any of you have any interest the Sears Hardware store on 86th and Ditch is going out of business. I was there last week and most tools were 10-25% off. The woman said the discounts would go up after Thanksgiving. Just an FYI

Nate

Big_nate said:
Well I've been working over the holidays and then down to TN to see the family over the weekend so never had a chance to reply to my own thread! No, Whealy it definitely wasn't your car, if it was I would've waved. Though you'd probably be too stuck up to acknowledge the guy in the Integra :biggrin: .

I always wave at Integra drivers… they are almost always female. Totally kidding! Glad to know you still remember my car …

Mitch - As for getting together, as long as the Holiday schedule allows it, I’d be in. And thanks for the compliments on the wheels … although you may want to look closer …

And as for Ed Martin … they broke my power window button replacing the seal??? WTF ??? Oh well at least both were replaced under warrantee. So for those of you that saw the big rip (David I know you did), it’s finally gone.

whealy said:
I always wave at Integra drivers… they are almost always female.

You're hilarious. Cough cough(dick)cough cough I guess its true what they say about NFR drivers:tongue:

I forgot to mention the Ed Martin thing. I don't care if they do fix it, it still would have pissed me off. Oh well, stuff happens I guess.

Mitch, you organizing some kind of get together? I'm in if it falls within the next few weeks. I'll actually be at home till the 22nd. Ah, the advantages of working for a bankrupt company! :rolleyes:

whealy said:
I always wave at Integra drivers… they are almost always female. Totally kidding! Glad to know you still remember my car …

Mitch - As for getting together, as long as the Holiday schedule allows it, I’d be in. And thanks for the compliments on the wheels … although you may want to look closer …

And as for Ed Martin … they broke my power window button replacing the seal??? WTF ??? Oh well at least both were replaced under warrantee. So for those of you that saw the big rip (David I know you did), it’s finally gone.

Glad to hear you got that fixed.

Are you ready to take your NSX out for some donuts tonight in the snow? :biggrin:

No ... That's what the Phaeton is for. But I might wash the NSX tonight! :D

Seriously, I don't plan on putting the NSX away for the winter, but I certinaly don't want to get it out in several inches of snow.

whealy said:
...Seriously, I don't plan on putting the NSX away for the winter, but I certinaly don't want to get it out in several inches of snow.

I think I know someone that will..... ;)

Back