Speeding ticket got dismissed

Last November on the way to Camarillo outlet - I was stopped by a CHP Officer for alleged speeding on hway 101. The ticket was for going 80+ mph on a 65mph speed limit.

Unfortunately, I already went to traffic school for a illegal u turn months earlier. So I did a little research and stumbled upon ticket assasin.com. It's a website where it guide you to how to fight your ticket by "Trial by written declaration". I was a little skeptical at first but having no choice I went to the process - paid the fine and took the option of Trial by written declaration.

Before the due date I sent the letter to the court. Where basically it says that I'm not guilty as charged for the reason of mistaken identity. I wrote that another car with the same color just passed me at a great speed minutes before being stopped by the officer. I asked that a direct evidence or witness should have been presented to the court by the officer otherwise the charges should be drop.

I waited for a few weeks..was worried but checked the dmv website a few days ago...DISMISSED!!! :biggrin:Now I'm just waiting for the refund(fine).

So just happy to share that you can actually fight a ticket without showing up in court and WIN! :wink:

Last edited:
That's too funny. Not that I excuse speeding, but what a lame excuse. And to imagine the court accepted it.

That's too funny. Not that I excuse speeding, but what a lame excuse. And to imagine the court accepted it.

We all know I wasn't speeding? right? :wink:

Interesting, passed by a similar NSX just moments earlier...

What can I say? :wink:

Last edited:
Interesting, passed by a similar NSX just moments earlier... :wink:

When is lunch? Sorry but your silver won't pass for my red or Hal's black...

Nice!!!

Does ticketassassin.com say about no front plate tickets?

So I guess if you told the truth in your declaration which was undoubtedly executed under penalty of perjury....then fine. If not, and the officer happened to have a dash camera with images of your alleged violation....then I would be awaiting the letter from the DA telling you to appear for a felony perjury charge. And I am not making this stuff up either. So good luck.

Fortunately, the wife was with me and she can collaborate that there was a black IS250 that blew pass us before we got stopped.:smile:

So I guess if you told the truth in your declaration which was undoubtedly executed under penalty of perjury....then fine. If not, and the officer happened to have a dash camera with images of your alleged violation....then I would be awaiting the letter from the DA telling you to appear for a felony perjury charge. And I am not making this stuff up either. So good luck.

Fortunately, the wife was with me and she can collaborate that there was a black IS250 that blew pass us before we got stopped.:smile:

Huh...kind of a funny slip there. I hope you meant corroborate not collaborate. I would imagine the court might suspect she is collaborating with you and you would be hoping they view her as corroborating you. :wink:

Huh...kind of a funny slip there. I hope you meant corroborate not collaborate. I would imagine the court might suspect she is collaborating with you and you would be hoping they view her as corroborating you. :wink:

Haha that's a good one but you probably know what I meant. Thanks for the correction. :wink:

When in I lived in NY I got a ticket for no front plate while parked in Manhattan.

I mailed a letter saying I was buying hardware that day to install the plate. I taped the plate to the front and took a picture. The ticket was dismissed a few weeks later.

I lived in New York for two years and never installed the front plate.

Back