Speed Channel Won't Air F1 Next Year

It remains to be seen how NBC Sports HD (ch. 603 on DirecTV) will handle the races. They may do the practices and qualifying as SPEED did -- they want the viewers to be happy I'm sure.
Time will tell. Local NBC outlets will carry a few as FOX has done for the last couple of years.
The other option might be pay-per-view (F1 is shown that way around the world).

Last edited:
NBC Sports Group gets U.S. Formula One Rights

The deal that begins next season will air four races on NBC. The remaining 16 races, and all practices and qualifying sessions will be on cable NBC Sports Network in what's expected to total more than 100 hours of annual programming.

All 20 races will be live streamed on NBC Sports Live Extra, the NBC Sports Group’s live-stream platform that is available online at NBCSports.com as well as on mobile and tablet apps.

... most of you have not seen a race commentated by the folks over at BBC or SKY. Yeah, we don't get those channels on this side of the pond, but they are leaps and bounds ahead of what we have. I haven't had cable in a while, so I either stream the races, or if I miss a race, I download a torrent of it...

Care to share where you find the torrents? I have searched and numerous sites show up but wary of most of them...

Care to share where you find the torrents? I have searched and numerous sites show up but wary of most of them...

racingfor.me

or thepiratebay will have them up too sometimes.

racing for me will usually have a torrent uploaded within an hour or two after the race.

Back