Special order interior colors for NA2 coupes?

I recently acquired an 01 coupe and noticed something odd about the color combination in the interior. The interior is black (seats/carpet/dash/door panels/etc), however the A pillars and roof are both a light grey. I really like the contrast, but found it odd that everything was not black(like it is in the targa cars). I'm not sure if all NA2 coupes came with this contrasting color scheme, or if this was part of the special ordering process.

The other thing I noticed was the color of the center console and vents is a lighter shade of grey than I have seen before on other 00-01's. My initial thought was it was probably repainted, but upon closer inspection I do not see any signs of it being painted. Not only that but the color of the center console is a pretty close match to the same grey of the roof.

Did Acura offer different color choices for the center console and roof/a pillars, or was this a standard outfitting for NA2 coupes? I can post up some pictures tomorrow if it helps.

Thanks,
Jeff

Baring the type R and S; I'm pretty sure all coupes that did not have tan or ivory interior have the grey headliner, sunvisors, and pillar covers. Not sure about the consoles, but they were probably updated along with the perforated seats and whatnot in the late na2s. You could look up the part numbers online to find out.

Nice car btw!

The light grey is used in all coupes, if my memory serves. Just checked and even the Zanardi's have grey interior panels.

I believe the trim colors were changed in 02 with a slight variation for 04/05. For the Zanardi/Type S the console trim colors were “Titanium”, including the cluster. Do you mind taking a pic of your trim?

Edit: Yes, Zanardis have the gray headliner, A pillar and sun visors.

Last edited:
I was'nt a fan of the grey sunvisors so I bought Type R visors. Much much nicer.

That's a slippery slope. Next you'll have to get Type R B pillars, then roof lining, then pretty soon you'll be down $50k.

But in all seriousness, is the vanity mirror on the NSX-R sun visor reversed?

Back