SPEC clutch help

Can someone that has had a SPEC clutch, and removed the shims, please tell me where they are.

My clutch is due to go in Wednesday. I have contacted Sos as advised, but as I didn't get the clutch from there, they wouldn't help. I am also in contact with a guy at SPEC but is now not answering.

j14,

Please let us know how the install goes. There has been quite a bit of talk about the SPEC clutch but I do not think there is a consensus on the quality and performance of this clutch yet.

Thanks in advance.

Brian2by2 said:
For anyone who might also be wondering, they are actually on the flywheel I believe in the three 1" (or so) holes. Someone wanna confirm that?

Well they are the shims I took out. They are in the recesses in the flywheel that the guide pins go into.

Update

The car is at the dealer's now having the clutch fitted. The shims are removed, at the advice of people here. The mechanics are telling me that they are having trouble with gear selection. The car is not ready, and I was to have a track test day today, so that's cost me the entry fee.

Back