Spa Yellow Bug Magnets?

Hey all my fellow Spa Yellow owners, do you get a "light bulb" like effect when you freshly wash and detail your car?

I apparent can see bugs landing as I'm drying my NSX off. I dont see this with other cars I've had and washed, even when the paint was all pretty and shiny. (none have been yellow)

Also, I've noticed that the rear bumper is like a shelf that just collects dust/dirt just from a short drive.

Guessing all this is just normal, but would like some confirmation.

Cheers!

Hey all my fellow Spa Yellow owners, do you get a "light bulb" like effect when you freshly wash and detail your car?

I apparent can see bugs landing as I'm drying my NSX off. I dont see this with other cars I've had and washed, even when the paint was all pretty and shiny. (none have been yellow)

Also, I've noticed that the rear bumper is like a shelf that just collects dust/dirt just from a short drive.

Cheers!

This is not a crazy theory, it is fact!

Yellow attracts bugs - probably looking for pollen! Lots of bees in the summer too.

As for the top of the bumper - my 97 does the same. I would assume there is a wake vortex behind the car that places dirt on that "shelf".

Jason

Cheers!

How about add-in a Type-R spoiler and a diffuser :wink:

Attachments

• aero.jpg
    aero.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 60
It has been rumored that the black dust/coating that appears on the rear bumper is tire particulate. I don't know how much truth there is to that as my bumper is coated after I drive around the corner!!!

Yeah, see this constantly... think the plastic rear bumper attracts grime because of static electricity. Air flow has more than a little to do with this too... also see it on the rear of my wife's VW R32 -- like the NSX you drive it five miles and it looks like it hasn't been washed in a month.

Owned two Spa Yellows.....giant sunflowers on warm days.

Attracts more bugs than you could imagine!

Nonetheless, a beautiful color on the NSX.

Rio yellow is even worse..............look at the glow.

picture.php

For the past ten years, I have owned two cars that were virtually identical in appearance, except one was bright red and the other, pictured in my avatar, is bright yellow. I have noticed that the yellow one attracts far more insects.

It has been rumored that the black dust/coating that appears on the rear bumper is tire particulate. I don't know how much truth there is to that as my bumper is coated after I drive around the corner!!!

NOT A RUMOR!
I had a dust build up on my rear bumper that was pretty bad on my '91. after an alignment and new tires, the problem is gone. Get your rear toe-in checked. Mine was out by a mile. (it is also costing you in tire wear!) The newer rear toe in is 3mm total. Mine was 6mm before I had it re-done.

I could actually write my name with my finger on the back bumper in the dust.

PS.. I used to have a yellow Ford Escape. The bugs were constantly trying to polinate it. Couldn't keep it clean some times of the year for bugs. On a cold fall morning, the bugs were all frozen to the car in frost.

Last edited:
Back