SOS Stage 3 Begins.

Congrats Steven on the numbers. I have a setup very similar, with the exception of a 3.2 short block w/ 3.0 heads upgraded via SOS. I was also running lean (13.8-14.0) but in the 5500-6500rpm range. My initial numbers were 278rhp. This year I installed an AEM EMS and had it tuned at SOS plus I changed my headers and exhaust to Cantrell units. The results were 290rhp and 215rtq. I leaned the O2 WOT feedback from 12.5 to 13.0 and the new dyno numbers were 298rhp and 222rtq. A trip down the quarter-mile resulted in a 112 trap speed. The car is so much faster and stronger than my new S2000…….damn more money for SOS.

What exactly do you mean by "I leaned the O2 WOT feedback from 12.5 to 13.0". Is this something typical for the AEM EMS??
Going from 290 RWHP to 298 RWHP by simply tuning the system I think is quite a lot.

Steven says he just used the OEM ECU but did install a fuel pressure regulator. I am not sure what this does to your car if you have kept the fuel pump and injectors the same.

Steven! I was wondering how you were doing and if you got this issue fixed. Glad to see your new numbers and that the lean issue was fixed.

I have a sneaking suspicion that an AEM EMS and OSG diffi is in your future though. ;)

MvM, I'm running in closed loop operation all the time now. I've set my O2 feedback target table to 13.0 instead of 12.5 for high load operation. I also have the redline set for 8300. My engine likes 13.0 ---- the set-up before was O2 feedback only on low load conditions so it's possible that it was even richer at WOT. I have 270cc injectors and a AEM adjustable fuel pressure regulator running at 50 psi.

Some questions:

- How much hp/torque does your mods give you? All through the range or only in VTEC?

- Which of the mods do contribute most? Cams, throttle body, ECU, polishing or...

- ECU do you run your stock ECU?

- Did you change the compression rate?

I might do it as soon as my head gaskets fail or the TB has to be done.

Any others who did a similar project please write down your experience with it and if you would do something else.

Not on my end...still in winter storage. I hope the end of March for the final tuning.

MvM, I'm running in closed loop operation all the time now. I've set my O2 feedback target table to 13.0 instead of 12.5 for high load operation. I also have the redline set for 8300. My engine likes 13.0 ---- the set-up before was O2 feedback only on low load conditions so it's possible that it was even richer at WOT. I have 270cc injectors and a AEM adjustable fuel pressure regulator running at 50 psi.

:eek:

I wouldn't want my engine to run 13.0 or less, is a bit dangerous IMHO espec. when raising the rev limit :eek:

12.5 is on the edge of what I would feel safe. On a supercharged or turbo engine I would target for 11.5-12.0

:eek:

I wouldn't want my engine to run 13.0 or less, is a bit dangerous IMHO espec. when raising the rev limit :eek:

12.5 is on the edge of what I would feel safe. On a supercharged or turbo engine I would target for 11.5-12.0

The factory runs the engines near or past 13:1 AFR in much of the open loop WOT conditions.

Cheers,
-- Chris

The factory runs the engines near or past 13:1 AFR in much of the open loop WOT conditions.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Thanks, Chris......I was going to respond but it was a while before I looked at this thread again. I believe he thought I was running an FI engine and not a NA engine.

Steven, any updates?

Man I forgot all about this thread Shawn :redface:. I did get the final tune to just shy of 280rwhp and 219ft lbs. I guess that's all this thing has at the moment. My only regret is not installing the Comptech adjustable cam gears when the motor was out but they were out of business at the time so we just tossed the Web cams in. I did talk to Brian at Prospeed about getting a custom chip made for all I had done and he thinks it would be worth it for a few more hp. Been just happy to be driving it and it seems to be running perfect at the moment and I do love those short gears :biggrin:. I still wish I had the power yours is putting down :eek:.

Back