SOS Stage 3 Begins.

Felt like Christmas morning today and Santa was my UPS guy :biggrin: . I plan in taking the car to Acura of Brookfield Monday for a couple weeks for the install and hope to post pics of the whole deal. Big thanks to Chris and Jeff at SOS for answering all my questions and emails about the package.

Parts are as follows...

Super Tuned ECU
Throttle Body
Type-B Performance Cams
LMA Kit
Dual Valve Spring Set
TitaniumValve Spring Retainers
36mm SS Intake Valve Set
Cosmetic Muti-Layer SS Head Gasket
Baffled Oil Pan Powdercoated
Accusump Oil Accumulator
Steering Rack Bushing Kit
T-Belt & Cover
Water Pump
Harmonic Balancer Pulley
Spool Valve Gaskets
NGK Plugs

Keeping the stock gearing and the Clutch is fairly new. The car already has DC Headers, Taitec By-Pass Pipes, B & B Exhaust and Comptech Air Box. If anyone else has done this I would love your comments about it.

Last edited:
Steven, you crack me up - pic of the UPS man leaving. :biggrin:

I'm very happy for you, bud. Fortunately for you, everything you bought is in front of your eyes. Unfortunately for me, everything I bought is still in Phoenix. Can't wait to hear your impressions and how it feels out on the track.

Woot! for you!:wink:

Actually, I think the picture is of the UPS driver arriving. You can see the backup light. That's even worst. That means he must have been there waiting for the ups driver all day with camera in hand.

Actually, I think the picture is of the UPS driver arriving. You can see the backup light. That's even worst. That means he must have been there waiting for the ups driver all day with camera in hand.

Just got done shoveling and there he was....so I snapped one.

You seemed pretty excited about it when I last saw you. I know I would be.

When will it be done?

Yeah, I heard that your car will be up there...my car has there for the WHOLE winter!!!... Can't even recognize it with all the snow on it!...And I forget what I was supposed to be getting done to it! No matter, glad to see your shaping up for the season...

Q's

1. Why did you go with the LMA kit?

2. Who makes the cams? SOS? Webcams?

3. Do you still have the overheating issues? New Comptech HG?

You seemed pretty excited about it when I last saw you. I know I would be.

When will it be done?

Ryan I was hoping you could be my photog since you live just around the corner. Can you stop in there every couple days and snap a few pics for me ?

Yeah, I heard that your car will be up there...my car has there for the WHOLE winter!!!... Can't even recognize it with all the snow on it!...And I forget what I was supposed to be getting done to it! No matter, glad to see your shaping up for the season...

Q's

1. Why did you go with the LMA kit?

2. Who makes the cams? SOS? Webcams?

3. Do you still have the overheating issues? New Comptech HG?

Chris suggested the LMA kit. Not sure on the cams the box clearly reads Web Cams from California. Will see if the overheating is fixed since the main reason for this build is my head gasket is going. I already signed up for a event in April at RA to test the new mods and overheating issues I've been fighting for a good year or so at the track.

Steve,

Can't wait to hear how everything goes at AoB. Holy crap, you bought a lot of stuff, I'm kinda jealous!!:biggrin:

Sean

Ryan I was hoping you could be my photog since you live just around the corner. Can you stop in there every couple days and snap a few pics for me ?

I can stop by here and there. I don't know about every couple of days, but I'll try to get there midweek next week.

NSX 3.0, I'm excited for you and jealous at the same time. I'm going to be ordering myself a set of the Cantrel headers this coming week. But that will only put me at Stage 2.

And I would think you're right that the head gasket could be the cause of the overheating.

Did you have a reason for going just stage 3? Was this the level you were wanting to start at?

This is one very interesting thread I am going to follow closely.

If you're not going to FI or Turbo and you don't want to spend the money to increase engine displacement, the NA camshafts are the last step to do after IHE.
Have been thinking about this for a long time but just haven't yet decided I can justify the costs compared to relatively modest increase in Horsepower and Torque.

I am very much interested in your before and after Dyno-sheet. Science of Speed claims a 18 HP increase but it would be very nice to see some actual results. I do have a few questions for you though :smile:

- 36mm SS Intake Valve Set
So I understand you are replacing the OEM Intake Valves?? Is there a specific reason for that. Are the SS-ones better ??

- Cosmetic Muti-Layer SS Head Gasket
Same question. Is it necessary to go for this kind of gasket instead of OEM ?

- Baffled Oil Pan Powdercoated & Accusump Oil Accumulator & Spool Valve Gaskets
I can understand to necessity for good lubrication but are these parts necessary if you go for the performance camshafts or is this more based on the fact that you are (seriously) tracking your car.

Checked on the car today at AoB and everything seems to be on schedule. The heads are at http://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.aspx?cat=16 getting the stage 2 treatment and should be back at AoB in a couple days. Still hoping to pick it up this Friday or early next week...can't wait.

Last edited:
Looking good.

I wasn't able to stop by last week to take any pictures so I am glad you were able to make it down and snap a few.

Are you coming to the NSXCA dinner later this month?

Checked on the car today at AoB and everything seems to be on schedule. The heads are at http://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.aspx?cat=16 getting the stage 2 treatment and should be back at AoB in a couple days. Still hoping to pick it up this Friday or early next week...can't wait.

Is it necessary to remove the engine for the SoS Stage 3 ??
Or is it because you are doing other things as well ??

Looking good.

I wasn't able to stop by last week to take any pictures so I am glad you were able to make it down and snap a few.

Are you coming to the NSXCA dinner later this month?

Not the dinner but maybe the Spring Fling at G-Man.

Is it necessary to remove the engine for the SoS Stage 3 ??
Or is it because you are doing other things as well ??

In my case yes since the head gasket was going. Not sure if you have to drop it for the basic stage 3 mods...

Steve, where is your engine?????:eek:

StevesNSX008.jpg

Found it:

StevesNSX001.jpg

StevesNSX007.jpg

StevesNSX006.jpg

StevesNSX005.jpg

StevesNSX002.jpg

Nice cams . . .

Thanks Ryan....I wanted to see those heads before they got it all back together today... I hope.

Back