• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

sos brake rebuild / powdercoat

I just saw this too and was wondering about it. My car goes in for a new paint job December 3rd and i had planned to do the brakes as well since the car will be in peices for awhile. The shop thats painting the car planned to send the calipers out for powdercoating and it got me thinking if they should be rebuilt at the same time since i am also installing new pads, ss brake lines and cross drilled rotors. I will probably call SOS tomorrow and see if they still have that core set available.

Also, has anyone powdercoated the "splash shields"? Any reason why not to?

I just saw this too and was wondering about it. My car goes in for a new paint job December 3rd and i had planned to do the brakes as well since the car will be in peices for awhile. The shop thats painting the car planned to send the calipers out for powdercoating and it got me thinking if they should be rebuilt at the same time since i am also installing new pads, ss brake lines and cross drilled rotors. I will probably call SOS tomorrow and see if they still have that core set available.

Also, has anyone powdercoated the "splash shields"? Any reason why not to?

looks like this would be the best route, so you don't have to take apart that pain-in-the-butt (so people say) rear caliper. i guess i could still send mine in, but I think i'll just ride em out. I just ordered the seals and boots for the front calipers, and bought the pistons (little rusty) too - which aren't included in the rebuild.

UGH, i need more money :frown: hehe

anyway, just thought i'd put it out there, because i knew a lot of people would be interested

That is really not a bad deal at all.

Caliper rebuild kits are $70ish per axle all by themselves.

Thank you for the post.

Our colors now are red, black, and silver. We can do other colors for a small extra fee.

We have only one core set available now (1991-96), hope to start to increase our core supply. We can always do this to your own set, and the turn around time is only around 2 weeks from the point of receipt.

We have one set in stock in red (1991-96).

Cheers,
-- Chris

Thank you for the post.

Our colors now are red, black, and silver. We can do other colors for a small extra fee.

We have only one core set available now (1991-96), hope to start to increase our core supply. We can always do this to your own set, and the turn around time is only around 2 weeks from the point of receipt.

Cheers,
-- Chris

I called today, if they were black i was going to jump on them. As it stands i'll have to get the ones on the car off now first. :mad:

Does this mean that SOS could powdercoat the brackets from the RacingBrake upgrade to match the 02+ gold calipers?:biggrin: :biggrin:

Thank you for the post.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris, any way to get the "NSX" letters a different color? Say black, or even just polished metal? I think that would be a nice touch.

Does this mean that SOS could powdercoat the brackets from the RacingBrake upgrade to match the 02+ gold calipers?:biggrin: :biggrin:

We will have to do the complete caliper and brackets to match the color.

We have already done one complete setup with the Racing Brake brackets.

-- Chris

Chris, any way to get the "NSX" letters a different color? Say black, or even just polished metal? I think that would be a nice touch.

Sorry, we can not. However, it would be easy enough to apply high temp paint with a detail brush by hand.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris, let me know if those brakes are sold or not...if so, should I expect a 2 week delay regardless?

Back