Sony PSP is HERE!

akira3d said:
Did I mention I've been converting my NSX videos to PSP format? Now I can share my videos at club meetings...whenever my gig mem stick duo arrives!

Where are you getting your gig duo stick? I need to start shopping!

akira3d said:
Hey Phoen$x...haven't heard from you in awhile! How are things going with you? As for the carrying case, I think simply having the PSP is enough bling for me! That said, I did hear something about a diamond encrusted and gold dipped PSP that sounded interesting...

pspblingtiny.jpg

I brought mine with me to Mammoth over the weekend with the intention of taking it out on the lifts and possibly snowboard while playing Tony Hawk ( my gig mem stick didn't arrive, so I couldn't load it up with music...but I did bring my last NSX autocross video with me :) )

PSP Video 9 is pretty cool for authoring videos. The naming conventions are annoying, but not impossible to deal with. Yeah, it would be nice if you could take video and pictures straight from your Sony digital cameras into the PSP....don't understand why they set it up the way they did, but I'll bet this will be addressed with one of those network firmware updates.

Unfortunately, there's too much glare on that glossy faceplate. I'm hoping for an after-market faceplate with a matte finish for dealing with the PSP outside. I want to be able play this thing everywhere I go!

In addition to wireless races, I've been playing through Ridge Racer's World Tour mode...some of the courses are drop-dead gorgeous! Of course, it has Ridge Racer's famous drift-physics (100% arcade)...so it's no substitute for GT4 Mobile. But the ease of playing multi-player over the wireless just adds to the fun. I wish someone would give the official release date for GT4 because I can't wait to be challenging you guys at our NSX events!

In addition to my mem stick, I have ordered Wipeout Pure, Hot Shots Golf, and pre-ordered Mercury. Can't wait for more games!

Akira, I don't know whether you've already tried this or not, but I bought one of those Screen protection films (kind of like clear bra :biggrin: ) from Pelican at Best Buy (around $5) and it adds a matte finish to the screen that really helps alot with the reflections and glare. :smile:

Spinner said:
Akira, I don't know whether you've already tried this or not, but I bought one of those Screen protection films (kind of like clear bra :biggrin: ) from Pelican at Best Buy (around $5) and it adds a matte finish to the screen that really helps alot with the reflections and glare. :smile:

One of my coworkers has this...haven't tried taking it outside yet with the film to see just how much it helps, but protecting the screen is probably not a bad idea.

akira3d said:
One of my coworkers has this...haven't tried taking it outside yet with the film to see just how much it helps, but protecting the screen is probably not a bad idea.

One thing for sure is that it eliminates those annoying fingerprints. :mad:

<B>PSP Hack's Round up - 10 hacks</B>

How to use non-Duo Memory Sticks on your PSP
How to browse the web with your PSP
How to get TiVoToGo shows onto your PSP
How to get e-books on your PSP
How to read web comics on your PSP
How to get manga on your PSP
breakyourself.com - Creating Sony Thumbnail files
PSP dead pixel checker
How to use your Mac to play PSP games over the web
How to take apart your PSP
Reading RSS feeds on your PSP
How to get videos and DVDs onto your PSP

<B> http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000720038308/ </B>

...and while this isn't available yet, can you believe it.... <A HREF="http://www.psp-linux.org/">PSP Linux</A> :rolleyes: :D

<B>PHOE<FONT COLOR=red>N$X</font></B>: Yes, there are linux tools to crack 802.11x WPA encryption. :( That's why you should ALWAYS change your key's periodically.

Funny, I've already seen most of these

I'm personally looking forward to either Linux and/or any game system / arcade emulator, or alternate media player.

Back