Someone please convince me!

I think I have gone mad. Ive decided to finaly get a new car. I have narrowed the field down to two cars, the NSX or an imported 2002 integra type-r (rsx body style). Am i mad to compare these two cars. performance wise both cars are fantastic, of course the NSX is far superior. looks wise both cars imo are also beautiful. and economically the operating cost of the two cars arent too far apart to sway my opinion. This will be my only car and thus my daily driver, so i think the integra has the nsx beat due to the large trunk. But the NSX will deliver a driving experience unlike anyother. Please someone show me a light because i think im going to go crazy weighing pros and cons and this and that!

If it were a choice between the NSX and the RSX as a daily driver, I would say that it comes down to your needs. As for the '02 Integra Type-R, I would weigh the costs involved in having it imported and legalized for the U.S.

Given the hassle and possible high cost involved in importing a car, my preference would lean toward the NSX.

I wouldn't bother importing a DC5 Type R. Too much money and hassle, and it's not all that different from getting a new RSX Type S (or Civic Si, for that matter).

How often do you really need to haul a lot of stuff around? And how many of those times can you either (a) get someone else to drive, (b) borrow or rent a car (or minivan), or (c) fit a lot of stuff in your NSX, as noted in this previous topic?

Comparing a new RSX-S or Civic Si, it will cost more to maintain an NSX (parts are more expensive, and it eats tires) compared with a new car under warranty; however, it won't cost you much (if anything) in depreciation, especially if you find a decent deal on an older NSX.

Or, keep saving and get one of each!

The import costs are lower than i expected. the car itself is about 26,000 imported. the only hassel would be registering the car in california.

The difficult thing is that for my needs as a daily driver the nsx is sufficient. Truck space would be nice but the nsx is do-able.

I just bought a new 06 RSX-S as my beater and its fun as hell, but it aint never gonna be an NSX nor would an integra type-r. They are totally different cars. I already have 10K on my NSX in 5 months so I use it every day. Good luck on whatever you decide, but I will tell you the NSX is something very rare and very special to those who are in the know.......Steve

Thanks for the quick reply guys!! im absolutly sold. I was leaning 60-40 towards the nsx but i just needed SOMEONE to say nsx.

Now the hunt begins for the car that dreams are made of!:biggrin:

knockout100 said:
Thanks for the quick reply guys!! im absolutly sold. I was leaning 60-40 towards the nsx but i just needed SOMEONE to say nsx.

Now the hunt begins for the car that dreams are made of!:biggrin:

Good for you.....Take your time and pick a good clean car that has been well maintained and you will not regret your choice.......Steve

NSX. You'll get more props from everyone. How many RSXs do you see on the street, then count how many NSXs you see on the street. Even though the DC5 Type R is kind of cool, only the true enthusists will know what it is. Plus how are you going to service it and how are you going to register it in CA? It'll have to meet crash test requirements and CA Smog requirements (meaning it'll need all of the CA required smog equipment).

NSX or JDM type R as a dd huh? Let me ask you this what do you do for a living? How old are you? Is your income stable?
It just don't make sense to me that you can afford these expensive but yet you can't afford a beater?

I raised a BS flag for now.

Psychobiology said:
Definitely the NSX.

amen brother.. that's why you buy a cheap dirt civic to drive around with.. i got my '95 hatch for $1,300 and it runs great!!

Back