soliciting interest from volunteers for NSXPO 2013

Re: not that difficult to get the track...

Then stop it! :D

In all seriousness, it can/will happen. Just like a good many here said today's F1 race would never happen, were privy to rumour, media, and innuendo. An NSXPO in Austin w/ some involvement at the Circuit of the Americas is possible, and not at the "$50k" price-tag (which is an all-together different monster, think of that package as corporate team-building event not actual car-club track-day). Personally speaking, I/myself don't have the desire nor inclination to make it happen as of now as it's an incredibly thankless endeavor & I give my utmost respect to those who have taken responsibility for past NSXPOs.

Tho' I will fwd my personal contacts for the track, local automotive/motorsport entrepreneurs, vendors/sponsors/dealers, accommodations, food/beverage, entertainment, etc) to those who wish to look into an NSXPO bid in the future. Again, it shall happen- just a matter of when.

Hey, I hope it does. 2015 is closer than you think ;)

A track day/days at COTA would be difficult but not impossible. There would need to be a substantial amount of funding raised from sponsors to offset the rental cost of the track. Realistically, in this economy and with the dwindling number of NSX owners who track their cars there would be no way to come close to having a track event there that was not highly subsidized by sponsorship monies. Despite the allure of the track, I would estimate a top end of 50 nsx's might register which would be double the recent trends.

A two day rental most likely would be cost prohibitive but we do have a history of getting a premier track and using it for only one day - and that happened in Texas in 2002. We did two days at Texas Motorsports Ranch and then a third day at Texas Motor Speedway. I don't know what the rental cost was for TMS but I can't imagine that facility went for typical track day rental prices at other locations.

The bottom line is this: Can it be done? Anything can be done.

Will it be done? It will take a good organizing committee to come together, work out the details, raise sponsorship monies and pull it all together.

Anyone up for the challenge?

Hilarious. Thread starts with a request for volunteers for NSXPO 2013 at Chuckwalla near Palm Springs, goes to NSXPO in Austin, then goes to a dicussion on COTA rates, and how it'd be impossible to have one there. Forum ADD at it's finest!

C'mon guys.

So this year is set for Raleigh and there is talk of the new NSX being pushed back another year. Do we start to prepare a bid for next year in Palm Springs?

So this year is set for Raleigh and there is talk of the new NSX being pushed back another year. Do we start to prepare a bid for next year in Palm Springs?

YES PLEASE! I have been DYING to attend a NSXPO event ever since the 2003 event that was in my back yard!!!. Then the 20th in VEGAS...DAMMM
I've finally lined up those damm ducks, then you throw in VIR!!! TOO FAR. West side of the rockies please.

Back