Sold my 2000 NSX. Now what to buy?

Sold my very low mile, pristine, 2000 NSX earlier this week.

Trying to decide between a very low miles 2002-2005 NSX or a Ferrari 360.

Even thought a little about the Lotus Evora.

It's all "toy" money so no financing or credit hassles. Really opens up my options since many banks won't finance these types of cars.

Many of the NSX's that would fit my needs are way over priced and have been up for sale for a very long time. I guess these sellers either don't get it or they are in no rush to sell their cars. Heck, there has been a red/red 05 on Ebay, Autotrader and everywhere else for $75k for over a year and nobody seems to be knocking the door down to get it. I mean, $75k puts you in a real nice market for a 360, and just a bit more for a Lambo Gallardo!

Not in a big rush...just want to find the car that fits my prerequisites.

I've done a little reading on the 360's and it seems like maintenance items went down signficantly in price and frequency since the F355's. Don't drive many miles since my daily driver is a Hummer.

Whattya all think? Any others out there who went from a NSX to a more exotic?

Last edited:
Sold my very low mile, pristine 2000 NSX earlier this week.

Trying to decide between a very low miles 2002-2005 NSX or a Ferrari 360.

Even thought a little about the Lotus Evora.

It's all "toy" money so no financing or credit hassles. Really opens up my options since many banks won't finance these types of cars.

Many of the NSX's that would fit my needs are way over priced and have been up for sale for a very long time. I guess these sellers either don't get it or they are in no rush to sell their cars. Heck, there has been a red 05 on Ebay, Autotrader and everywhere else for $75k for over a year and nobody seems to be knocking the door down to get it. I mean, $75k puts you in a real nice market for a 360, and just a bit more for a Lambo Gallardo!

Not in a big rush...just want to find the car that fits my prerequisites.

I've done a little reading on the 360's and it seems like maintenance items went down signficantly in price and frequency since the F355's. Don't drive many miles since my daily driver is a Hummer.

Whattya all think? Any others out there who went from a NSX to a more exotic?

R8 v10

Why did you sell the NSX? Just curious as to why you sold it, but are thinking of another one?

Sounds like a clear case of Sellers Remorse....:confused:

I say Death before Selling!!!!!!

You will have to take My NSX from my Cold Dead Hands...:eek:

Your answer is obvious ...:redface:

The fastest Car in the World BUGATTI VEYRON...:wink:

Gary

Seller Remorse, I agree 100%, haven't met anyone who hasn't regretted doing this, no matter how fancy-shmancy they talk it out....

However, a Ferrari 360 is a great upgrade in my opinion. I would do this, they are selling for $90,000 on Ebay for well documented ones.

My vote is for a 360 spyder. Such a hot car. We saw 10 of them at the celebration show this weekend. I am not a convertible fan but I can't think of too many things better than driving that car and listening to that exhaust scream.

you will be back to an NSX, whats funny is when you look back you will say to yourself

" man I could have saved 200K and 4 cars later if I would have kept my NSX."

good luck let us know what color you next NSX is. and post pics

Life's short so try a different car altogether.

I'd look at any of these characters:

1. Another NSX
2. Audi R8 -I've driven two and would love to have one AND the NSX
3. Porsche GT3 RS
4. Ferrari 360 coupe - the convertible is just too poser looking...

And my top pick for "can afford anything"

McLaren MP4-12C

Unreal car. I've read almost every single review and honestly I'm setting it as a goal to achive in my 40's.

The best part of this whole experience is the shopping and feeling once you get whatever you decide on. Have fun!

I really think you should have NOT sold the NSX. It is going to be really hard to replace a car that good.
Rare breed, reliable, great looking, drives like a dream, fun on the track. It is even gets great mileage!
And, you had a well sought after 2000. (even more rare)
Comparing potential cars you look at to buy, you will only then realize how hard it will be to find a car like you just sold. This is because if you compare any other car to your now sold NSX, it will be disappointing in some manner.

After seeing this picture, I kind of want a Ferrari now. .
5181432111_fb26cbde70_o_w1200.jpg

But really, I just have the NSX until I can afford my dream car, the Aston Martin DBS
aston_martin_dbs_2009_1.jpg

Just get another nsx. I was just in your boat. Ive had friends with nsx sell and regret it. My close buddy sold his for an r33 skyline a few years back. Now gov trying to repo it so he got a 40k car he cant drive or sell unless its over seas. He said his biggest mistake was selling nsx. Just throw on a ctsc and your set. With the ctsc, you have a powerful, reliable, exotic car that costs fractions of what other cars do.

I really wanted thr f360 ferrari but maintaince is a joke. You ever consider aston martin vantage. Close to price of 05 nsx

I say wait a bit and get the F430. The F360 is a *lot* better than the F355 and F348 maintenance wise, but the F430 uses a timing chain. That means no more belt service. On the NSX you're looking at over $2k every 6-7 years for the belt service. It's about $5-7k on the F360 for the "major", but its every 3-4 years.

With the F430, no engine out at all. The "major" is a lot less major. IMO the F430 starts to come close to the NSX maintenance wise in some ways. Of course parts are still a bit more, but the NSX is extinct. How long before parts just arent available? The F430 is a new car basically. Parts may be a bit pricey, but you have a lot of options and sources.

The other thing is service in general. Finding someone who can do TB/WP on the NSX is insane. Ask on Prime and you'll get people suggesting that you ship a car from the midwest to NY for LarryB. Thats great, but its ridiculous IMO. Any major metro has a solid Ferrari independent that you can go to.

Net net... skip the F360... Let the cash stew for a bit (I'd say 'grow' but that aint likely to happen! :D) as the F458 continues to put pressure on the 430.

Saving and moving some money around before I start thinking about selling my NSX. I will sell it after I buy my dream car, not before then...

In my opinion life is too short to stick with the same car. There isn't much difference between the 2000 and 2002+ NSX models. Why not try something a little different? I vote Porsche GT3. If you want to stretch it, you can find a 575M for under 100.

If you are stuck on mid engine, I've heard great things about the Gallardo.

Life's short so try a different car altogether.

The best part of this whole experience is the shopping and feeling once you get whatever you decide on. Have fun!

In my opinion life is too short to stick with the same car.

I love my NSX, but there is too much out there not to try. Variety is the spice of life.

First let me say FORGET the 360 ~ they are dated cars, unless you are looking for a Stradale but plan to spend about $140k.

As to your point of overpriced NSX's - they are not overpriced if the miles are low and in good condition. These are coveted gems as the years pass and there is always that "someone" who will pay, just not you.

My next car if my wife agrees is the R8 - no other car gets my interest these days. F430's are nice too but high dollar car with no warranty just isn't for me.

Also a thing to consider is do you plan to drive this a lot or just a few thousand miles per year? If you rack up miles definitely go for the R8. F-cars + mileage is not usually a good combo.

good luck and let us know what you decide!

First let me say FORGET the 360 ~ they are dated cars, unless you are looking for a Stradale but plan to spend about $140k.

As to your point of overpriced NSX's - they are not overpriced if the miles are low and in good condition. These are coveted gems as the years pass and there is always that "someone" who will pay, just not you.

My next car if my wife agrees is the R8 - no other car gets my interest these days. F430's are nice too but high dollar car with no warranty just isn't for me.

Also a thing to consider is do you plan to drive this a lot or just a few thousand miles per year? If you rack up miles definitely go for the R8. F-cars + mileage is not usually a good combo.

good luck and let us know what you decide!

http://www.audituningmag.com/heffner-performance-audi-r8-v10-twin-turbo/

heffner-performance-audi-r8-twinturbo-3-550x366.jpg

heffner-performance-audi-r8-twinturbo-6.jpg

I agree with a few of the others here. If I had the financial wherewithall to keep the 360 up to snuff, I'd be all over it. If I found myself questioning maint. costs, I'd just SC an NSX and be done with it. Sounds like you are the former; go with the 360 or maybe a '05/'06 Gallardo 6spd. If you don't like it, sell and then go buy another NSX, right? While the NSX is a special car to us all, I would still like to experience the mystique of one of these great marques before I die.

Key word. "timeless" nsx is timeless, once you buy a f car you'll always want the best one. Its like buying a bmw 325ci, while your driving the car in the back of your mind your thinking about the m3

Back