SoCal NSX Holiday Party

John (Anytime) and I are looking for some help this year. Last year I came up with Mission Viejo Country Club last January 12th as a backup when the Joe McPherson Museum in Tustin closed. It turned out great and I trust everyone had a good time. Thanks again to all the companies that supplied items for the raffle, we appreciate it!
In keeping with trying to move this party around SoCal John wants to do the party this year in the Pasadena/Arcadia area in January, 2009. Saturday nights usually work best. The party would be partially funded by NSXCA.
Anyone have any locations in that general area that would be suitable for 40 to 50 people with an automotive related site, good food and great parking?
We need your help and input to make this happen, let's make it a NSX event to remember! Gil (Coolnsx)

Last edited:
I'd rather go ghost hunting again at the Queen Mary :biggrin: Sorry I don't know any places in Pasedena.

I would help...but I'll be leaving the country end of the month and wont' be back til' after new year. However, I hosted a party once at Scott's Bar & Grill longggggg time ago for Prime....just in case you can't find an auto related facility.

Theres a Ritz Carlton in Pasadena close to the Huntington Library/Garden

That hotel is not operated by The Ritz-Carlton any more (I think it is a Langham now).

Not exactly in Pasadena, but there's a K1 Speed opening in Torrance in January. Location sounds convenient (near the 405 and 110 interchange).

Last edited:
There's the Art Astor museum in Orange. Been there pretty cool! Not sure of the rates.

Keep the ideas coming, just talked to John and he has funds commited from NSXCA for dinner!!! Wu Ho, let's party :biggrin:. Let's find the right place. Gil

The Bull Dog Lounge in HB :biggrin:

I'd rather go ghost hunting again at the Queen Mary :biggrin: Sorry I don't know any places in Pasedena.

We checked, the CHEAPEST dinner w/o tip in Sir Winstons was $59.00 per person, parking add $5.00. We checked :biggrin:

No Queen Mary at all please....the dinner was the size of a kids meal and parking was horrible.

The bulldog lounge is not the place for this kind of meet but nice try.

As far as those areas I don't know......maybe newport beach? or somewhere in the Southbay?

We checked, the CHEAPEST dinner w/o tip in Sir Winstons was $59.00 per person, parking add $5.00. We checked :biggrin:

Thanks for checking...

No Queen Mary at all please....the dinner was the size of a kids meal and parking was horrible.

Really :confused:, I was one of the few that actually drove my NSX and there was a whole Valet lot reserved for us that was practically empty.

Actually, we had the most fun at the Stern bar after dinner and that continued until closing time... then the ghost hunting proceeded until about 3am. What a cool place to explore.

Pasadena, Arcadia, and Sierra Madre are my stomping grounds. Give me a while to check things out! One location that immediately comes to mind is the Brookside Golf course, right next to the Rose Bowl. Not auto related but a nice location. I'll keeping thinking and looking!

Mario

Big D- When I got to the Queen Mary, it took us an hour just to get in just to park. I am sure it was cool to explore, but I didn't stay after the dinner. I think you got there early so maybe thats why the parking for you was pretty good.

Lazynok- Of course you want it in the Southbay you lazy butt haha......

In the Southbay there is the Golf course up in Ranchos Palos Verdes where Trump has built.

My suggestion is someplace on the border of OC and LA that is definitely car friendly. I'll give this some thought.

Pasadena, Arcadia, and Sierra Madre are my stomping grounds. Give me a while to check things out! One location that immediately comes to mind is the Brookside Golf course, right next to the Rose Bowl. Not auto related but a nice location. I'll keeping thinking and looking!

Mario
+1

If it's in SGV i'm definitely in!

I was thinking Brookside as well. Having not been to one of these before i'm having trouble trying to figure out what venue we're looking for here. I mean you can go from a parking lot/tailgate setup or all out at the Ritz (or formerly named a such).

Give me some more info and I can help!

+1 also for the RITZ or what it was. Been there and it's a very nice place esp. with the area surrounding it.

There is also the Peterson Automotive Museum in Los Angeles - really expensive!!

Any Updates????

Anytime should have an update soon. :biggrin:

UPDATE!!!

You must be an NSXCA member to join in on the festivities. NSXCA will subsidize both the karting and or dinner. If you want to attend and you are not a member of the NSXCA, all you have to do is pay $40 extra to attend (includes a free membership when doing this)

Dates and times will be posted shortly. Keep an eye open for a new thread for this event. It will be late/mid January on a Saturday, so try to keep your options open, so you may attend.
Karting around 1-2ish and dinner around 5-6ish

Working it out For your go fast crack pipe needs, we will be karting at dromo1 in Orange.
Located near the 91/55 fwy interchange..

Packing it on For your dining pleasure, we will be eating at the fine establishment known as gullivers restaurant in Irvine. Serving the best prime rib in the world (quoting them)
Convienently located near the 405/55 fwy interchange. Approxiametly 12.7 miles from Dromo1.

This event has a limit of 40 people

Last edited:
Back