So I spent 2 months talking to Shawn and now I go LOL a lot....

Don't listen to anyone saying don't lower it lol. I still don't understand why it's 3 feet off the ground otherwise. It looks good, clean build. If Shawn takes credit fir the wheels, it was me that did them :p. with them, I'd put the s2k black lugs on them, 25 mm hr spacers and eibachs lowering springs. Those will make an amazing car like yours epic. It's great to finally see the car you had asked me questions about. Enjoy it, I can speak for nearly all owners in saying it is a car that is unique to only itself. Nothing else feels like the NSX dollar for dollar.

Last edited:
i can barely make it up my driveway as it is lol. honestly though, am i the only one who thinks the oem ride height looks good on the nsx? im treading the line of blasphemy arent i....

I think OEM ride height is fine. The NSX-R setup, which isn't THAT much lower, is as low as I could go and still consider it functional for the street.

Supersonic your avatar, was she painting the rims like that LOL. I did tell Nick your GF hand painted them, but I didnt think she did it topless.:smile: now thats epic.

Many congrats, I have huge respect for Shawn's work and am glad to see one of his artworks in good hands.

Are you bringing it to the Castaway Critters show? Its not far from you and I would love to see this car in person.

i saw that thread but work is much busier this year than expected, im not sure i will make it to this one

Don't listen to anyone saying don't lower it lol. I still don't understand why it's 3 feet off the ground otherwise. It looks good, clean build. If Shawn takes credit fir the wheels, it was me that did them :p. with them, I'd put the s2k black lugs on them, 25 mm hr spacers and eibachs lowering springs. Those will make an amazing car like yours epic. It's great to finally see the car you had asked me questions about. Enjoy it, I can speak for nearly all owners in saying it is a car that is unique to only itself. Nothing else feels like the NSX dollar for dollar.

lol we'll see. the nsx being so different from everything else is exactly why i ended up with one :) hey that reminds me, BIG THANKS to everyone else who helped me research the car and the nsx in general. it's awesome that so many people on this forum are so ready to help in whatever way they can and at least answer questions.

I think OEM ride height is fine. The NSX-R setup, which isn't THAT much lower, is as low as I could go and still consider it functional for the street.

how much lower is nsxr? do you scrape a lot more than at stock height?

Supersonic your avatar, was she painting the rims like that LOL. I did tell Nick your GF hand painted them, but I didnt think she did it topless.:smile: now thats epic.

What a gf right ;). I'm still mad I couldn't do a lay over in Florida last year to see you when I went to St. Lucia. I think I need more aviator pics once it gets hotter.

youre a lucky man jason!

a few more pics - first a couple of the blue wrap coming off:
Resampled_2013-01-18_15-56-27_835[1].jpg

Resampled_2013-01-18_15-56-35_634[1].jpg

and a favorite from the first morning i had it, a view from the best seat in the house :)
IMAG0543[1].jpg

Last edited:
before anyone says anything about his idle I must point out the car was not to temp you can see in the pic. it idles normal trust me. :smile:

one notch under 1

Your thread reminds me off when I took delivery of mine. I wish I had some photos. Are those OEM wheels painted?

- - - Updated - - -

before anyone says anything about his idle I must point out the car was not to temp you can see in the pic. it idles normal trust me. :smile:

one notch under 1

LOL... I think it's your own paranoia...

one notch under 1

LOL

Your thread reminds me off when I took delivery of mine. I wish I had some photos. Are those OEM wheels painted?

- - - Updated - - -

LOL... I think it's your own paranoia...

yes, oem painted the optional gunmetal color. +1 to paranoia lol

That's not his GF in the avatar. It's him wearing a wig and bikini.:eek:...........................:tongue:

Turbo2Go she will not even ride in the car with me it makes her sick, she says it to low and it feel like she is riding in a gokart.

its OK I dont need that extra 120lbs in the car anyway LOL plus were would I put other NSX parts? the trunk is full half the time and the top deck looks like a ford f-150
I do atleast put something down as not to hurt the leather. so thats a plus I guess.

congrats on the car and i will agree with you 100% on the nsx community...there is none like it.
i was haning out with another primer lastnight and i mentioned that the greatest job i think i have gotten from the car is the friends i have made through the nsx community...sure the car is nice but for me it really is the great group of people associated with these cars.

anyways enjoy your car...i dont know shawn but i have red alot of his posts and he seems like a great person and another huge asset to this forum.

zaid

I don't know how you have the skills to get in and out daily lol. The first time I drove the g35 there I backed into a stupid 2 foot pipe.

congrats on the car and i will agree with you 100% on the nsx community...there is none like it.
i was haning out with another primer lastnight and i mentioned that the greatest job i think i have gotten from the car is the friends i have made through the nsx community...sure the car is nice but for me it really is the great group of people associated with these cars.

anyways enjoy your car...i dont know shawn but i have red alot of his posts and he seems like a great person and another huge asset to this forum.

zaid

thanks! its both for me, the car and the people :)

congrats! Looks great. It desperately needs a drop though. I scrape in my driveway as well but that rubber front lip is very forgiving.

i hope its forgiving, scraped it a few times already. trying to be as careful as possible while i get used to the car though, you know how it is

I backed into a stupid 2 foot pipe.

been there, done that, thankfully in some POS daily and not anything expensive lol

Back