So I spent 2 months talking to Shawn and now I go LOL a lot....

Man I've been waiting for the day I can post such a thread for years.... about time it finally happened! I am the lucky new owner of Shawn's first build (http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/144739-New-2004-nsx-build). I know I should have posted this a bit earlier but it's been crazy lately both with the car purchase and work/personal stuff.

So I've wanted an NSX for about 6 years now... Been comparing it to everything that I can afford and nothing else seems to do it for me, so started to save up and watch pricing (while also trying to decide what year I wanted the most). Just around the time I could finally afford one, Shawn bumped his for sale ad with a lower price and I had to go for it. Did all the research, everything checked out, got all the details of the sale figured out, and then Shawn drove it up here to Philly for me :biggrin:. Why? Because Shawn is THE MAN, plain and simple.

Words can't describe how happy I am with this car. It's the best purchase I've made since deciding to get into motorcycles. It drives like a dream. It's everything I expected and then some, and Shawn has been unbelievably helpful and answered every single question I had (and I had a ton). Now the ultimate test of patience is waiting for summer to come :biggrin: (and for I95 construction to end :mad:)

Big thanks to Prime and everyone here, this is simply the best forum I've ever been on and I look forward to giving back as much as I can. And since I'm no stranger to forums, on to the pics!

Shawn about to leave Florida (posting two of his since he hasn't posted them):
CAM01707[1].jpg

20k miles! (a little late but close enough):
Resampled_2013-01-18_17-25-31_488[1].jpg

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!
IMAG0540%5B1%5D.jpg

A little dirty, but still sexy:
IMAG0547%5B1%5D.jpg

IMAG0550%5B1%5D.jpg

IMAG0566%5B1%5D.jpg

Who said the NSX is bad in snow? :tongue:
IMAG0578%5B1%5D.jpg

IMAG0579%5B1%5D.jpg

<envy> congrats! </envy>

now slam that thing :)

also have spoken to shawn re his builds and i have to agree with the sentiments above and below; he is a HUGE asset to the nsx community.

Last edited:
Wow, awesome story. Shawn really is a great guy and the NSX community is lucky to have him.

Congrats and enjoy your new NSX!

Wow. What a great previous owner. Congrats on your purchase. What other cars were you looking at when compairing the NSX?

I95 construction is never going to end.

Nice to see another around Philadelphia and one of Shawns works.

I hope it at least returns to how it was before the start of this year. The current 3 lanes, no shoulder, etc is too much....

<envy> congrats! </envy>

now slam that thing :)

LOL thanks. I already need a 2x4 to get up my driveway without scraping, so I don't think that's on the todo anytime soon.

Wow, awesome story. Shawn really is a great guy and the NSX community is lucky to have him.

Congrats and enjoy your new NSX!

thanks!

Wow. What a great previous owner. Congrats on your purchase. What other cars were you looking at when compairing the NSX?

80s Ferraris, Porsches, S2K, Corvette, Viper, Jaguar F (the new one that's not out yet), Elise/Exige, Ariel Atom, pretty much everything under $50-60k short of the TVR in my avatar (now THAT will be a headache to get in the US lol)

Congratulations! Looks like it came together perfectly. I've heard of using blue painter's tape, but is that saran wrap on your front end or some other product designed specifically for an automotive application?

Congrats! Wow, car looks fantastic - love the wheels - may have to consider them for my NSX ! Yea, no doubt you have got a thoroughly perfect NSX with the detail that Shawn went through with it - know you are going to love the ride. Cheers, Jay

Awesome on all sides. You got to see the detail and effort that Shawn puts into his builds and it sure doesn't get any better that he delivered the car himself! Go and enjoy and please post some more pics.

awesome story. Congratulations !

I think the best part about buying a car from Shawn is that everything about the car has been inspected in some way. You won't get any nasty surprises and that is an awesome bonus.

Good Guy Shawn, will you deliver my future NSX to Montreal ? :D

everyone thanks for the warm welcome!

Congratulations! Looks like it came together perfectly. I've heard of using blue painter's tape, but is that saran wrap on your front end or some other product designed specifically for an automotive application?

it is a special thing for cars, shawn knows the details but it wasnt applied well and started coming off a few hundred miles into the trip. my guess is that it only works without any air bubbles underneath

Congrats! Wow, car looks fantastic - love the wheels - may have to consider them for my NSX ! Yea, no doubt you have got a thoroughly perfect NSX with the detail that Shawn went through with it - know you are going to love the ride. Cheers, Jay

i dont know what it is about gunmetal oem wheels, but i absolutely love them too! and i havent seen too many people doing that on here (and some have even switched away from it, cough oscar cough :smile:)

Go and enjoy and please post some more pics.

will do!

please lower that car. it looks like a rally car

i can barely make it up my driveway as it is lol. honestly though, am i the only one who thinks the oem ride height looks good on the nsx? im treading the line of blasphemy arent i....

Wow I am just seeing this thread, thanks for all the props Nick and def thanks to everyone that can see my passion for the NSX and craftmanship I put into all of them. thanks to everyone on Prime deeply thank you.

it was sad to see her go, but the ultimate test was to drive her from tampa to Phili the 17 hour drive seems like it was over to fast. your gonna love the car, I help people cuz it in my nature. if anyone ever has a question I will gladly answer,

if I dont know the answer I will research or ask people Like LarryB, or BrianK, NSXTACY, DOCL, DOC JOHN, BATMANs, TBROMLEYetc.

or call SOS and hope and pray they answer while your under a car and dripping oil in your face. LOL I love SOS :smile:

Last edited:
Congrats the car looks great! It is dedicated members like Shawn who will ensure our cars continue to survive into the 21st century.

Shawn certianly proved that he is capable of restoring an NSX, and it's good to see that he doesn't cut corners. It looks like he can turn a hobby into a successful business.

LOL: I've heard that the blue wrap stays on until speeds of 150mph. LOL How fast did Shawn get the car to you?? :D LOL

I think the max i got the car up to was 120 I swear. just tring to get away from a Dump truck with 8tons of dirt spilling out while he was driving.

Back