So, how many NSXs attended the Las Vegas NSXPO?

During the famous (OK, a bit premature) NSX formation process, someone gave me an "official" count of 131 cars that comprised the NSX letters. With cars remaining, it was decided to form an underline which my car was part of. So, I ran down the line and counted 31 which brings the total count to 146. So, is this in fact the official count?

Now, there were quite a few NSXs parked along the side street adjacent to the parking lot. Not sure why they did not join in (not paid for NSXPO I suppose). Sooo, the real NSX turnout was higher, perhaps 160 or more. Anyone have any confirmed numbers to share?

134 NSXs paid.

Hmm... doesn't make sense why we would let non-paid cars in and leave others parked on the street. This assumes the 131 count given to me is a good number. I honestly don't recall any kind of security, that is, verifying drivers with NSXPO tags before joining in the formation. OK, who is going to figure this thing out?

Well I don't know about the count but I can say this. I counted the NSX's in the NSX formation shoot and there are more than 131 NSX in the picture! :smile:

Well I don't know about the count but I can say this. I counted the NSX's in the NSX formation shoot and there are more than 131 NSX in the picture! :smile:

...And the mystery grows. OK, who's gonna blow-up that photo and count each car??? :biggrin:

Already did. It's more than 131. Won't reveal it just yet.... :wink:

I see. So, you wanna play games, eh?

homer-simpson-gun-733271.jpeg

I heard of one NSX owner who decided to crash the XPO but wasn't able to confirm. But if that indeed was true, then it makes sense that there might have been more. For what it's worth the security guys didn't really look at our badges anyway. So long as you pulled up in an NSX, you can park there was the feeling I got. :confused:

I heard of one NSX owner who decided to crash the XPO but wasn't able to confirm.

Yes there was. When I got to the hotel Thursday afternoon I saw a white NSX pull up. I went over and introduced myself and asked if they were on their way to Findlay Acura. The owner told me that he wasn't registered for NSXPO but decided to come and join the fun. I politely turned my back and walked away while he was unloading his car.

Yes there was. When I got to the hotel Thursday afternoon I saw a white NSX pull up. I went over and introduced myself and asked if they were on their way to Findlay Acura. The owner told me that he wasn't registered for NSXPO but decided to come and join the fun. I politely turned my back and walked away while he was unloading his car.

I met the owner, and his girlfriend as well. I wasn't quite sure if they were registered or not, but I didn't see a badge or anything.

I'm sure a few people probably crashed the party. It's bound to happen as there was no real way to keep people out of the events. Too many people, like herding cats.

Yes there was. When I got to the hotel Thursday afternoon I saw a white NSX pull up. I went over and introduced myself and asked if they were on their way to Findlay Acura. The owner told me that he wasn't registered for NSXPO but decided to come and join the fun.

If they engaged in anything that cost NSXCA/NSXPO or sponsors money to put on or time to organize (formation picture, Findlay Acura event, provided lunches, banquet, etc) that is really, really poor form. That is, unless a check is in the mail to NSXCA equivilant to two registration fees.

Indeed, freeloaders undermine the purity of the event for all the respectable paid attendees.I hope the impact was minimal.

Indeed, freeloaders undermine the purity of the event for all the respectable paid attendees.I hope the impact was minimal.

The only impact from the aforementioned white NSX owner that I'm aware of is that he was in the parking lot when the crew was trying to clear it for the aerial "NSX" shot. But he wasn't the only one, nor the last to leave. And when told to leave he got seriously pissed, sped away down the side road, and was not seen again.

The only impact from the aforementioned white NSX owner that I'm aware of is that he was in the parking lot when the crew was trying to clear it for the aerial "NSX" shot. But he wasn't the only one, nor the last to leave. And when told to leave he got seriously pissed, sped away down the side road, and was not seen again.

yeah, while i understand not wanting to spend money :wink:.... i lost a bit of respect for this guy after ripping up and down this side road. pretty childish. :rolleyes:

I believe this car was also at Findlay

Back