So Cal Monthly Dinner Meeting January 8th

is a waitress from red robin going to come over and take our BEER order??

I think I'll be the first to say thank you to Steve for organizing such an AWESOME get-together this month. :) I'm sure everyone who went would agree. We got to use the team room and everyone who came was treated to an ARTA remote control NSX courtesy of the Autobacs store, as well as getting the option to purchase anything in the store at employee price + 10%. Oh, did I mention free pizza and drinks? Very very cool and very worth the hour and a half drive I made down the 405. :D

AGREEEE!!!!!!!a BIG THANKS to Steve..... I took advantage of the employee discount :D My RC is not working!!!! I used 6 AA in the car and a 9V in the remote. Am i doing something wrong? and yes, i turn the "ON" button.

Darkcyd said:
I think I'll be the first to say thank you to Steve for organizing such an AWESOME get-together this month. :) I'm sure everyone who went would agree. We got to use the team room and everyone who came was treated to an ARTA remote control NSX courtesy of the Autobacs store, as well as getting the option to purchase anything in the store at employee price + 10%. Oh, did I mention free pizza and drinks? Very very cool and very worth the hour and a half drive I made down the 405. :D

I would also like to chime in and say thank you to all the nsxer's I got to meet. It was a wonderful experience meeting all of you and I definitely enjoyed the discounts we received. Thanks specifically to Steve for putting this event together. My only gripe is a two of my rims got scratched up in the process of changing tires and I hope it gets resolved.

Sam

Sam,

Glad to have met you. I hope to hear that Autobacs takes care of you in the matter. If they really hope to market toward NSXers, we'll see it in how they handle the situation.

Thanks Steve for making arrangements regarding this fun meet. I look forward to making the drive up from SD whenever possible.

-Randy

Helmet confusion. . .

There is only one standard Snell for automotive helmets. The current SA (special applications) rating is 2000, and will be updated in 2005. The past SA rating was SA95. Snell updates its ratings every five (5) years.
The Sparco SN2000 was the helmets model number not the Snell rating. The Sparco helmet SN2000 is currently not Snell rated. More information can be found on the Snell Memorial Foundation's website at http://www.smf.org..

WOW! what a great gathering and incentive to meet at SuperAutobacs. Did anyone grab that Carbon Fibre Hood for under $300.00?

Tan

I left at 7:30 pm due to a prior engagement with family and wife.

Tantheman said:
WOW! what a great gathering and incentive to meet at SuperAutobacs. Did anyone grab that Carbon Fibre Hood for under $300.00?

Tan

Randy I think did. Took advantage of that employee discount. David bought that $300+ F50 model with the discount too. That was really nice of autobacs.

Steve, thanks for the great event! It sure pays to be a member, with the special discount, I saved enough $ to sign up for NSXCA for the next 5 years :D Spent the entire day zaino the new Fcar ;)

Sorry for the mess on the desk, but will be taking some better shots later.

fa00b67b.jpg

fa00b66d.jpg

fa00b65e.jpg

fa00b64f.jpg

fa00b644.jpg

Darkcyd said:
We got to use the team room and everyone who came was treated to an ARTA remote control NSX courtesy of the Autobacs store, as well as getting the option to purchase anything in the store at employee price + 10%.
That was a totally cool gesture on their part. Almost everyone that showed up was handed one of the R/C cars.

Attachments

• dsc05631.small.jpg
    dsc05631.small.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 173
Here's a pic of the Autobacs R/C car that was given away. It's the same car as the black Nikko from last year and the currently sold 2F2F car, but repainted in Autobacs colors and still with Japanese text on the package.

Attachments

• dsc05637.small.jpg
    dsc05637.small.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 165
Darkcyd said:
....as well as getting the option to purchase anything in the store at employee price + 10%.
I didn't think of it on Thursday, but having to go back today (Saturday) to take care of some "unfinished business" :D at Autobacs, I realized that I'd probably want to pick up a 1:43 Ebbro NSX Type S in black. After hearing the special one-time price offered by Autobacs on anything in the store, I couldn't help but score more!! (I actually ended up buying a total of 7 Ebbro NSXs today. :D)

(Heck, one of the supervisors ended up tossing in a couple of Autobacs lanyards for free. I love shwag!!!!)

Thank you Autobacs!!!

Attachments

• dsc05642.small.jpg
    dsc05642.small.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 159
Thanks to all of you!

Thanks Everyone, for the kind words. Really Autobacs deserves the thanks for this meeting as they provided the room the Plasma screen TV the Pizza, the Discounts (that was COST + 10%!!:eek: ) and the RC Car!!!

I was dissappointed to see Sam's wheels!:mad: Sam, please keep me in the loop on the resolution of the issue. If you need some help I will try to talk to my contacts at Autobacs and see if you can get satisfaction.

It was GREAT to see such a good turnout for the meeting! Now I need to start to work on the Saleen Tour;) :D :cool:. I will post the details when I get some.

All in all a good meeting. Mark your calenders now, the next monthly meeting is on Feb 12th!

Thanks again:cool:

Sorry I missed the last meeting. It sounds like there was a great turnout, some nice cars at a great place. :mad: Is the next meeting on February 12th at Autobacs again? :confused: Looking forward to this event.

Back