snap ring issue questions..

I am curious about the snap ring issue. I found a 91' with 72k miles in good condition for $23,500 he has done the maintenance including a timing belt at 50k. he said he wasnt sure about the snap issue. I told him to give me a tranny number and I can find out if it is in the range.

-what is the worst that can happens if the car breaks due to the issue?
- what would it cost to fix it?
- any other questiosn I should ask him?

Did the owner tell you the car needs some body work? I spoke to him several months ago before i bought mine he did mention some dent/damage.
He is several hours away from Mark or a dealer for PPI.

well the VIN of the car is JH4NA1155MT003188 and it is in Illinois. its on ebay now for a buy it now price of $26,800. I have been talking to the guy and he is in my range, hah. he is a dealer, but the car is very nice. I normally wouldnt buy a dealer car. the carfax is clean as is the car. there are no signs of paint work either. the car is from Maine and had some service in long island, but only was there 2 times. keep the advice coming it is greatly appreciated. I have seen a few NSX's and in that range they are usually junk but this was seems very good. PPI (prepurchase inspection) doesnt mean much to me other than it was on a lift and hopefully the guy that checked it out knows cars a little, hah. here is the link to the car-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991...oryZ5337QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Did the owner tell you the car needs some body work? I spoke to him several months ago before i bought mine he did mention some dent/damage.
He is several hours away from Mark or a dealer for PPI.

whats the name of the dealer? this car he just got in like 10 days ago.. he said no damage at all and I didnt see any

I found a 91' with 72k miles in good condition for $23,500 he has done the maintenance including a timing belt at 50k. he said he wasnt sure about the snap issue. I found the car in arizona. I will get it checked out for sure. its on autotrader.whats the name of the dealer? this car he just got in like 10 days ago.. he said no damage at all and I didnt see any

In reference to the Arizona car red with aftermarket wheels.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=2139

please come on now, Im no idiot. my price ranges are very possible. I have found many cars in my price range. obviously it takes more time.

I'll back you up on that. Just purchased a '91 for $26K with 80K miles, and all 60K service + new clutch done. Excellent shape inside and out, and not in snap ring range either. :biggrin:

I'll back you up on that. Just purchased a '91 for $26K with 80K miles, and all 60K service + new clutch done. Excellent shape inside and out, and not in snap ring range either. :biggrin:

Except his range was 70-100k miles for $23-25k.

Sorry but that is pushing the envelope on getting a car without problems. Maybe a distress sale from someone in a divorce or who have a baby on the way might work.

I looked for a year before I found mine. Take your time.

Good Luck on your search:smile:

Except his range was 70-100k miles for $23-25k.

Granted, mine was $1000 higher than his upper limit for that mileage, but I also got about $2500 in extra parts with it, including a carbon fiber diffuser, two Recaro seats and an extra set of rims.

All in all I think I got a good deal. Got all the service history also.

I looked for a year before I found mine. Take your time.
Good Luck on your search:smile:

My search was more like five years. Found mine only 130 miles away, so I was also thrilled that I wouldn't have to hassle with airfare and/or transport costs.

well the VIN of the car is JH4NA1155MT003188 and it is in Illinois. its on ebay now for a buy it now price of $26,800. I have been talking to the guy and he is in my range, hah. he is a dealer, but the car is very nice. I normally wouldnt buy a dealer car. the carfax is clean as is the car. there are no signs of paint work either. the car is from Maine and had some service in long island, but only was there 2 times. keep the advice coming it is greatly appreciated. I have seen a few NSX's and in that range they are usually junk but this was seems very good. PPI (prepurchase inspection) doesnt mean much to me other than it was on a lift and hopefully the guy that checked it out knows cars a little, hah. here is the link to the car-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991...oryZ5337QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thats funny, I saw that car a few days ago on ebay and sent him a message, just for fun asking if he would trade this car for my '92 with 130k miles, and he said we could probably work that out. Never emailed him back though.
Looks like a nice car, paint looks great
Good luck with the buy, and like people have said before, take your time! Wait and you will find the car for you.

Granted, mine was $1000 higher than his upper limit for that mileage, but I also got about $2500 in extra parts with it, including a carbon fiber diffuser, two Recaro seats and an extra set of rims.

All in all I think I got a good deal. Got all the service history also.

My search was more like five years. Found mine only 130 miles away, so I was also thrilled that I wouldn't have to hassle with airfare and/or transport costs.

Congrats your bought my brothers car, he was very Meticulous/perfectionist. He says he misses it dearly, wanted to upgrade to a 6 speed. A very special car missed much by the family. Thanks to John/Mark all service is up to date. Sure miss riding in it and hearing that taitec. Glad to know it has a good home. :)

Congrats your bought my brothers car, he was very Meticulous/perfectionist. He says he misses it dearly, wanted to upgrade to a 6 speed. A very special car missed much by the family. Thanks to John/Mark all service is up to date. Sure miss riding in it and hearing that taitec. Glad to know it has a good home. :)

Indeed it does have a good home, and it was very cool to get your PM today. :-)

Tell him my first project is getting the windows operating correctly again. Already ordered the aluminum window widgets from Dali Racing, and am ready to start checking the circuitry for the passenger side.

New red/black Zanardi floor mats and car cover also on the way. The Taitec does sound great, especially going through the tunnels leaving Seattle. :biggrin:

I'm not sold on these Prodrive rims however. Not really my taste. I think I might sell them and order in a set of new Enkei's.

Indeed it does have a good home, and it was very cool to get your PM today. :-)

Tell him my first project is getting the windows operating correctly again. Already ordered the aluminum window widgets from Dali Racing, and am ready to start checking the circuitry for the passenger side.

New red/black Zanardi floor mats and car cover also on the way. The Taitec does sound great, especially going through the tunnels leaving Seattle. :biggrin:

I'm not sold on these Prodrive rims however. Not really my taste. I think I might sell them and order in a set of new Enkei's.

Spoke with him he last night, he said hello. I can take the lip spoiler and taitec/comtec if you want to part with it. Rims how bout NA2 Type-R painted white. :)

Pictures of the Lamborghini would be lovely.

Spoke with him he last night, he said hello. I can take the lip spoiler and taitec/comtec if you want to part with it. Rims how bout NA2 Type-R painted white. :)

Pictures of the Lamborghini would be lovely.

I'm looking at the Enkei RP03 5-spoke rims. Very clean design and I've always been a 5-spoke fan. As for the exhaust system and spoiler, it all stays. :-) I have no issues there at all. I'm just not a big fan of the 7-spoke rims or the gunmetal finish. Your bro will probably freak out, but I did put the oem seats back in. They fit me much better and make long drives Soooo much more comfy. So if you want a nice set of Recaro's for your NSX, let me know. I can box 'em up and ship them out to you. Might be kind of cool to drive your NSX while sitting in the same seats you remember riding in. LOL. :biggrin:

Countach pics as requested:

lambo.jpg

prova1.jpg

prova2.jpg

White countach so nice...I have driven a Diablo and Gallardo not a countach but I believe its much lighter.

I will keep an eye out for more long filters if I find any I will send them your way. I agree the stock seats are wonderful and yours are very nice shape.

nice countach. Seems to be the only lambo holding onto its value these days. I regret buying a TR over the countach years back

Back