Smart car

I wanna drive up there and buy one. can I ? Is there a law that prevents me from buying and bring it back to the US? is anyone a dealer? can anyone help? Yes Im keeping the NSX

Not sure, but I don't think they are street legal in the United States. I've been in one in Europe. Would not want to be in an accident in one.

They are legal in the states and there are dealerships in the states as well. I saw car company selling them in Lake Oswego Oregon, and Dallas, Texas has a dealership. I hear theres a waiting list. We looked into one for my wife but didnt get one.

Smart is officially coming to the States in 2008 I believe, just wait.

Also, they are very safe cars. Looks are deceiving, but the whole damn thing is a roll cage.

Still wouldn't buy one though. Why? For a Smart car you look pretty dumb in one. :tongue:

I saw a recent car review (can't remember who) said TEST DRIVE ONE BEFORE YOU BUY ONE!! Supposedly, they absolutely suck to drive.

:confused: Why go to Canada? They've been here for a while now, available in the US as grey market import. It should not be too hard to find a dealer in your state who sells them.

However, recently, official distribution started through Smart dealer network (part of Penske Auto Group). You can probably find some for sale on your local craigslist or reserve for $99:

http://www.smartusa.com/

I'm a bit disappointed by EPA fuel economy. 2008 fuel economy figures:

smart fortwo 33/41
MINI Cooper 28/37
Prius 48/45
Civic Hybrid 40/45
Yaris 29/36
Fit 28/34

I wanna drive up there and buy one. can I ? Is there a law that prevents me from buying and bring it back to the US? is anyone a dealer? can anyone help? Yes Im keeping the NSX

Sarge,
If you really want to come over and get a smart car, give me a call and I will try to help you out.
Wil

I saw these two at the Calabasas Meet (Supercar Sunday) in California... surprisingly LARGE on the inside.

calabasas_080302_027_800jpg.jpg

calabasas_080302_028_800jpg.jpg

calabasas_080302_029_800jpg.jpg

The interior of the second one...

calabasas_080302_030_800jpg.jpg

calabasas_080302_031_800jpg.jpg

dont forget: when you get a flat tire, you have to call mercedes...and they will literally pick up the car from you, fix the tire, and return it. There is no spare tire. My cousin has a smart car and learned this the hard way

Someones idea of a great custom ride....

5917_blog.jpg

5918_blog.jpg

5919_blog.jpg

Personally, I think this is what they remind me of....

2653790_23_full.jpg

dont forget: when you get a flat tire, you have to call mercedes...and they will literally pick up the car from you, fix the tire, and return it. There is no spare tire. My cousin has a smart car and learned this the hard way

The NSX-R does not have a spare tire either... Honda includes a can of Fix-a-flat. :biggrin:

thanks everyone. Im gunna trade in my V8 jeep grand cherokee for that thing pretty soon!, then im gunna lower it. (it couldnt hurt) LOL

PS on a side note. im still love america but hate the people in charge, id rather live there, but its gunna be a few years so my debt-to-income isnt so much.

Back