Small Auto Show in Worcester, MA

Hey well I just wanted to let you guys know there is gonna be a small auto show here in Worcester Polytechnic Institute on April 22, 2007 at 10AM. Its 5 dollars to enter the competition and free to spectate. I'm just telling you guys cause usually not much cars go and it would be nice to see some NSX's show up definitely would bring in a bigger crowd, I think if some really nice cars showed up it would definitely be nice, plus tomorrow is supposablely gonna be a very nice day out. Unfortunately I don't have a NSX but I'm a student here and being able so see an NSX tommorrow would be a big plus.

Here is the link to the website.
http://users.wpi.edu/~wpimotor/carshow.html

Well hope to see some of you guys there tomorrow

I would have gone but it is too short notice at this point. Sorry and if there is a similar event in the future then try to post it with more lead time.

Yeah I didn't know up until like yesterday so that is why I posted it.

The turn out is actually pretty good. So far there are a bunch of Lancer Evolutions. Also like 5 Subaru STI, 1 Lotus Elise, a couple of corvettes, 2 Ford SVT Cobra Rs, and 1 RX-7, 1 Supra twin turbo, and a bunch of other cars. Damn too bad no NSX.

I've always wondered... who gets the money for these things? I've gone to a couple of these type shows in a school parking lot where someone is collecting money at the entrance. Always sort of wondered why there was even a charge, not like there were trophies or food or drink provided to the people who bring their cars. And then why would it be free for people who don't bring their cars? Always sort of confused me.....

Well they did have a barbecue going on during the whole show. So I guess some of it was for all the food. Also I guess its to help out the motor sport club that currently is building a go-kart for like some racing series they are in. Its impressive seeing what they have built looks cool.

Back