Skyline GTR

Without having done a lot of research on this, I'm curious about a couple of things:

1. How does the Skyline (being a front engine design it looks like) handle so well, especially compared to the mid-engine NSX?

2. How difficult is it to import one (or any non-US car) for street legal driving in the US? I'd love to see/drive one IRL, does anyone in AZ have one?
biggrin.gif

Personally, I am a big fan of the Skyline (R34, at least) - then again, I also like the old 60's Camaro and Mustang designs - similarly boxy, IMO.

Why does the Skyline handle well? It's been well-engineered, and has a lot of computers to aid you in your driving. 4 wheel drive is a benefit, too. It's balanced fairly well, and from what I have heard second and third hand, can be fun to drive.

As for driving or seeing one, MotoRex imports them to the states, and, AFAIK, they have an exclusive agreement to do so. They paid to get them crash tested and verified road-legal (correct me if I'm wrong), and would likely fight another group trying to bring them over without going through the same hoops. But they are coming over, maybe 1-2 a month? Anyone have one in Texas I could take a look at?

Originally posted by burbel:
Yeah, I'm just north of Austin - DFW is a decent three hour trip. You serious? I would love to come up and check one out!
smile.gif
I go to Austin once in a while, much better party town than Dallas. Usually not with my Skyline, that I've done only once.

If you ever are in the area, or want to come down, let me know and I will take you for a ride. I'd have to get a ride in a NSX though...
wink.gif

Going to Mineral Wells this sunday, finally getting my car to track. Monday is a dyno day, need to get it run much leaner and with more boost (from 1.1bar to 1.5-1.7bar).

------------------
- Sami
1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
Without having done a lot of research on this, I'm curious about a couple of things:

1. How does the Skyline (being a front engine design it looks like) handle so well, especially compared to the mid-engine NSX?

2. How difficult is it to import one (or any non-US car) for street legal driving in the US? I'd love to see/drive one IRL, does anyone in AZ have one?
biggrin.gif

1. It's AWD
2. http://www.motorex.com

Back