skafia's 2002 Imola Orange Pearl Progression Thread

Thank you very much! I'm an NSX-er for life.

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't my first color choice, but as with all Imola owners, it is now. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

LOL yeah that was very cool. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Aren't our cars assembly line neighbors?

- - - Updated - - -

I was finally able to take some pictures the other day, the color differs so much depending on lighting.

18832669044_71f9401e9e_b.jpg

19448676022_e576bf38d0_b.jpg

18834556913_4c6a386058_b.jpg

19267619200_61f23d7113_b.jpg

18834570693_6a7d4d0fb4_b.jpg

18834579373_f817daa5a7_b.jpg

18832711084_a60a2ed63a_b.jpg

19267662160_7302a0ee94_b.jpg

19267667288_2cf8527811_b.jpg

19354856518_89e37d77bf_b.jpg

19542804955_233a1b488d_b.jpg

19516684226_33c2593654_b.jpg

19516688496_004690490b_b.jpg

First things first, removed the DRL

19354857160_58f30d1dd3_b.jpg
Excellent move! The last thing we need is an nsx looking like a Kia Sophia!

I am so jealous, I have driven my car three times in the last 4 months and two were on/off a trailer

Yeah I feel for you. What have you driven in the meantime?

Some updates:

- Removed Comptech Exhaust and replaced with a fartcan RouteKS Titanium

19491273349_feb5a63501_b.jpg

19056982383_e1575526f4_b.jpg

- Removed NSX-R shift boot / S2000 CR Shift knob and replaced with a Type S / Zanardi shift boot and knob. Previous owner(s) put a screw on top of the shift stalk... WHY???

19670819902_27998b7a27_b.jpg

- Test fitting some different wheels

19677924785_84cde3d9c9_b.jpg

19670808102_423484b543_b.jpg

- My rear bumper wasn't sitting too flush so a friend helped me remove it and readjust it. Turns out back in 2004 when the rear bumper was repainted due to a paint scratch, the dealership outsourced the work to some body shop that was very incompetent. 3/4 of the washers/nuts that attach the rear bumper onto the rear quarter panel were missing :/. Nuts replaced, and bumper sits perfect now (this pic was before the adjustment, didn't snap an after)

19489897098_7ec9c0f59d_b.jpg

- Replaced tail lights with a new set

19055328794_750fc861f0_b.jpg

Miles driven since last update: 25

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations!! Always wanted a IOP :cool:

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

She is beautiful!

Thanks Mexi!

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent move! The last thing we need is an nsx looking like a Kia Sophia!

ROFL

Last edited:
The only mod other than a ctsc I would do to this beautiful nsx is shave the door locks and shave those ugly side markers. My car came with shaved side markers front and rear. It really cleans things up on these cars. I only wish I saw it more. Other than that, it's hella clean man. For reference. A crappy pic too.

View attachment 125770

Last edited:
The only mod other than a ctsc I would do to this beautiful nsx is shave the door locks and shave those ugly side markers. My car came with shaved side markers front and rear. It really cleans things up on these cars. I only wish I saw it more. Other than that, it's hella clean man. For reference. A crappy pic too.

View attachment 125770

One does not "shave" anything on an IMOLA.

The only mod other than a ctsc I would do to this beautiful nsx is shave the door locks and shave those ugly side markers.

NO PROFANITY on NSX Prime! Such Sacrilege! :eek::eek:

Boosting-Yes. Shaving of the Orange Body Parts-NO.

It's 1 of 49, not 1 of 2700 Black or 3200 Red.:biggrin:

Lol. Loving the subtle changes being made. Congrats on the purchase!

NO PROFANITY on NSX Prime! Such Sacrilege! :eek::eek:

Boosting-Yes. Shaving of the Orange Body Parts-NO.

It's 1 of 49, not 1 of 2700 Black or 3200 Red.:biggrin:

Help, all Berlina owners, the imola's are ganging up on me here!:biggrin:

View attachment 125780

Last edited:
Man I thought the red with white wheels was EPIC. I will never really understand the fuss about this color though! [emoji12]

I posted on the FB already about this, but let the IMOLA owners revel in their anal-retentiveness ;)

We/I are not ganging up on anyone for the color of their car. With less than 9000 in total NSXs sent to the U.S. they are all rare and special. And an Imola isn't any better than a Red, Black, Yellow, Blue, Silver, White, Purple or Green NSX. The choice of car color is a personal preference and I like all of the NSX colors. If I won the lottery I'd own one of each. (Though the Zanardi's are better than all of ours, just look at them.) What we/or I as owners of one of the rarest of NSXs is ganging up on is the suggestion that someone would permanently cut and fill body panels on a 1 of 49 car. Hey, I like the shaved look and if the owner of an Imola NSX want's to do it, more power to him. However, his car is no longer original. And mine just went up in value. But, would you do that to a Zanardi, or an NSX-R?

skafia is doing exactly what I and most other NSX owners have done. He's fixing the things that need fixing, adjusting body panel and bumper gaps and personalizing his car to his tastes in ways that are reversible. If my car, Imola or any other color, was a salvaged car I would shave the fenders and door locks, add some aero parts and build the hell out of the engine to make a pure track rat out of it. Because, nothing short of shipping it to the NSX Refresh Center in Japan to be completely restored, is going bring the monetary value back to that car. If that's anal-retentive it has nothing to do with the color of my car and I'm not alone in wanting to preserve an original. It's just my .02.

First things first, removed the DRL

Sooo pretty! I'd love to have an IOP. But people would think i'm a UT person =\

btw - interested in selling the DRL?

Last edited:
I posted on the FB already about this, but let the IMOLA owners revel in their anal-retentiveness ;)

I am quite Anal about my car :biggrin:.. But never judge what someone else does (out-loud) to their cars and with their taste in mods.

The led DRLs may not be everyone's taste, but they are very visible in the daytime so you have a better chance of being seen by the talented drivers that we share the road with. Plus they are easy to remove as they are held on with two sided tape.

That's my main motivation for them. My car is too stealthy for it's own good.

The led DRLs may not be everyone's taste, but they are very visible in the daytime so you have a better chance of being seen by the talented drivers that we share the road with. Plus they are easy to remove as they are held on with two sided tape.

But you forget the wire harness that you have to tap in to for install :/

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, they are for sale. I'll have them posted shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

Love the fact that your car cover is orange too.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

We/I are not ganging up on anyone for the color of their car. With less than 9000 in total NSXs sent to the U.S. they are all rare and special. And an Imola isn't any better than a Red, Black, Yellow, Blue, Silver, White, Purple or Green NSX. The choice of car color is a personal preference and I like all of the NSX colors. If I won the lottery I'd own one of each. (Though the Zanardi's are better than all of ours, just look at them.) What we/or I as owners of one of the rarest of NSXs is ganging up on is the suggestion that someone would permanently cut and fill body panels on a 1 of 49 car. Hey, I like the shaved look and if the owner of an Imola NSX want's to do it, more power to him. However, his car is no longer original. And mine just went up in value. But, would you do that to a Zanardi, or an NSX-R?

skafia is doing exactly what I and most other NSX owners have done. He's fixing the things that need fixing, adjusting body panel and bumper gaps and personalizing his car to his tastes in ways that are reversible. If my car, Imola or any other color, was a salvaged car I would shave the fenders and door locks, add some aero parts and build the hell out of the engine to make a pure track rat out of it. Because, nothing short of shipping it to the NSX Refresh Center in Japan to be completely restored, is going bring the monetary value back to that car. If that's anal-retentive it has nothing to do with the color of my car and I'm not alone in wanting to preserve an original. It's just my .02.

Agreed. That whole shaved fender post got a lot of people riled up. I personally wouldn't shave any OEM panel, I would choose to buy the non USDM counter part and install that but even then, I WOULD NEVER do that on any all-original low mileage, clear title NSX, let alone a 1/49. Once you remove those panels, unless you do some kind of trickery and touch up those bolts, many people see this as a deal breaker if you try to sell your car later on.

My DRLs are my only non oem addition. But you're right they require power to operate. Let me know if you would like my vin# so you can add it to the list of repaired / reconstructed cars on Prime.

Back