Sitting in the Orlando Delta Sky Club waiting to pick up my NSX

thats the beauty of having a DUAL CLUTCH it can take more than the single one's

I was told while sitting at a red light letting the car roll back and forth
forward back forward back kinda thing the single will burn up very quickly.
the dual clutch has no issues with this action.

thats what I heard anyway

and sh_t its an NSX you can beat on them and they will keep going.

Did you write down the exact milage? My girlfriends transport company decided to take her boxster S for a sweet 110 mile joyride around the block. Be careful with any sports car.

Did you write down the exact milage? My girlfriends transport company decided to take her boxster S for a sweet 110 mile joyride around the block. Be careful with any sports car.

I did but given the amount of trouble he had getting it on the truck I doubt he would be brave enough to pull it off to go take a drive. Car should be here tomorrow or Thursday and plan on having Acura take a quick look to make sure my clutch is still OK.

Looks like my first mod will be the umbrella VRH cup kit so I can get in and out of my driveway safely. LA doesnt have the best roads and it seems that every entrance to a business is on an incline. :rolleyes:

thats the beauty of having a DUAL CLUTCH it can take more than the single one's

I was told while sitting at a red light letting the car roll back and forth
forward back forward back kinda thing the single will burn up very quickly.
the dual clutch has no issues with this action.

thats what I heard anyway

and sh_t its an NSX you can beat on them and they will keep going.

There isn't a clutch made that will suffer any kind of using it like a hill hold.....I would refrain from over working any clutch. WIth that said I am glad to hear this about the dual clutch - it ought to do something good for twice the money. I didn't like the OEM clutch in my 91. I would never recommend replacing the NA1 clutch with OEM - I would most likely get the SOS clutch. Or something even more strong.

Did she confront the company with that? Usually that is something that take down when they pick up a car - the mileage? This sounds pretty crappy.

Did she confront the company with that? Usually that is something that take down when they pick up a car - the mileage? This sounds pretty crappy.

It went beyond that. He had damaged the underbelly of the car as he had driven over something then ziptied it hoping we wouldn't notice. Of course I saw it right away as soon as I checked mileage and saw the extra 100. He insisted it was a mistake. He was a really big dude that then got irate and I was close to a fist fight, had to call the cops who immediately sided with me. At the end his insurance paid for the repairs and we didn't give him a dime for the transport. Hopefully he learned a lesson (as did she).

This was the ONE area I didn't handle. I shopped, I found the perfect most immaculate car, I bargained the price, she insisted on handling the transport. I said let me do it and she said no and that was the end result. LOL... women are really stubborn sometimes.

She was about to buy some POS beat audi TT and instead she got a newer lower milage Florida one-owner Boxster S with all the options. For less money. Her husband is driving it around now. LOL. I didn't want to ruin a perfectly hot relationship with marriage. :D

Last edited:
Good end to the story Turbo - you are lucky you didn't marry her!...lol. Hope that Boxster doesn't develop the IMS problem! Only thing about the Porsches that aren't the DFI engines - the bearing failure - at least the early ones- 986s.

It went beyond that. He had damaged the underbelly of the car as he had driven over something then ziptied it hoping we wouldn't notice. Of course I saw it right away as soon as I checked mileage and saw the extra 100. He insisted it was a mistake. He was a really big dude that then got irate and I was close to a fist fight, had to call the cops who immediately sided with me. At the end his insurance paid for the repairs and we didn't give him a dime for the transport. Hopefully he learned a lesson (as did she).

This was the ONE area I didn't handle. I shopped, I found the perfect most immaculate car, I bargained the price, she insisted on handling the transport. I said let me do it and she said no and that was the end result. LOL... women are really stubborn sometimes.

She was about to buy some POS beat audi TT and instead she got a newer lower milage Florida one-owner Boxster S with all the options. For less money. Her husband is driving it around now. LOL. I didn't want to ruin a perfectly hot relationship with marriage. :D

Just took delivery and got her home parked safely in the garage. Clutch feels pretty good but am going to have Robert take a look at it on Saturday to make sure.

Cant wait to take it for a drive! :biggrin:

nsxdropoff.JPG

Just took delivery and got her home parked safely in the garage. Clutch feels pretty good but am going to have Robert take a look at it on Saturday to make sure.

Cant wait to take it for a drive! :biggrin:

nsxdropoff.JPG

Beautiful. I wish I would have had some sweetness like that when I got mine (lowering it out of a truck like a movie, angels playing in the background!) I have been lurking this thread all weekend, it now delivers!

Back