...simply frightening... !!!

Until now the scariest experiences in my life have been a 190mph drive as a a passenger on a new GT2 on the Autobahn or the ride on the McLaren designed rollercoaster in Germany.

Yesterday BY FAR I set a new standard. I swear I could not sleep last night, my finger still rattle and I cannot imagine wanting to experience something similar in my life again... :eek: :eek: :eek:

DID I SAY SCARY???

Attachments

• pestoilcioccolato102.jpg
    pestoilcioccolato102.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 933
The facts:

DAX RUSH COSWORTH 4WD

- Weight 600kg (1300lbs)
- Power 440 HP (Tuned Sierra Cosworth Engine)
- Four wheels drive
- This VERY car (not a similar exemplar, this serial number) holds the WORLD record 0-100mph-0: 10.8s

I had a quick ride in it as a driver a couple weeks ago, wow, fast for my standards... ;) but yesterday I was taken on a long drive up the mountains here in Ticino (Switzerland) with my good friend owner of the beast (pilot, will race the car next week at an international event).

I have never been on a Formula 1 but I cannot imagine it being more scaring. This thing is violent. I swear you cannot keep the eye open (I did not have an helmet, you cannot have glasses, they fly away...) and you have to turn the head to breath... The GT2 looks like a children game now. Honestlay I do not even imagine why they build this thing. And why buying it? My friend's answer: because I would never find something faster in my life, Enzo, McLaren, Carrera GT and similar included. This is Formula 3000 level. To each his own.

What a relaxing feeling beeing on the NSX again (a moving living room ;) ) and having already been on the DAX. You do not want to go twice on it...

Attachments

• pestoilcioccolato112.jpg
    pestoilcioccolato112.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 865
gheba_nsx said:
Yesterday BY FAR I set a new standard. I swear I could not sleep last night, my finger still rattle and I cannot imagine wanting to experience something similar in my life again... :eek: :eek: :eek:

DID I SAY SCARY???

LOL ! :D

Tell your friend to come to Verbier with us ...the road is perfect for this kind of car. ;)

David,
you do not want to have that "thing" around at our gathering! ;)

NSXJoy,
it is a rollercoaster (sponsored and with some technical input by McLaren and Mercedes) that let you try some high g's in acceleration and deceleration. It is located in Europapark, Rust (Germany).

Enzo,

Thanx for the link :) Now I know what it looks like.

gheba_nsx,

Is the ride neck snapping? I mean the rollercoaster.

Uh... yeah... I used to consider it neck snapping. Not anymore... ;)

No joke, 16 hours after the DAX ride and I still have flashbacks. I cannot believe this... doing over 100mph on a mountain street is not something I would wish even to my worst enemy.

One photo of the "interior"... there is a nice leg heater that also work as an engine ;)

Syntethic clothes burn and risk to generate fires!

Attachments

• pestoilcioccolato132.jpg
    pestoilcioccolato132.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 808
minervoflorida said:
Sorry, I do not believe you can get 440hp out of that engine.

Then you need to do some reading: the 4WD Sierra Cosworth engine has been capable of that type of output since, I think, the early 1990s. Even the milder versions put out ~ 330bhp.

Back