Silver-stoner joining the flock

Hi all,

I hope to officially join the NSX owner fold right about... now!

Having endured transport, a long season of work, titling, inspection, and taxes taxes taxes... the 2001 Silverstone T takes advantage of the nice VA weather to make it's debut as one of my machines. before going right back into the garage for tomorrow's windstorm :mad:

I'd like to take some time to especially thank ediddy, tbromley and The Kid (in no particular order other than chronologic) for being of immense help in providing insight and advice to me directly. Thank you all, i hope I don't let you down in the community. Also kudos to Larry B for the wonderful timing belt guide. I've annotated your 30-something steps into approximately 250 so even a dummy like me can figure out how to reassemble what has been disassembled :biggrin:

My goal was to find an NSX that was of good pedigree, but maybe misunderstood and in need of some love (translated, has had regular engine service but needed some major stuff done). I found her and it was my pleasure to give her the full 90k treatment. That happened in good time, and now she's back on the road. I will strive to preserve the preservables, and improve the improvables, while rocking as close to stock as I can.

When I got her she needed some help, like a full 90k service. So after: timing belt, water pump, gaskets, air filter, fuel filter, plugs, valve clearances, coolant, honda MTF (yes thats another discussion), and some thorough cleaning, pampering, and sprucing of body parts. There's still a ways to go, but for now... here she is:

Attachments

• 100_0138_small.jpg
    100_0138_small.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 154
Gahhh, I forgotted... thanks also to Chris @ SOS for vending me the harmonic balancer shield and retractable front license bracket.

(I know those aren't stock, sue me :tongue:)

sounds like you have considerable skill.I can drive the thing but(personaly) wrenching is better left to the been there done that set ,like Larry.I wish you much luck with it..and try to make nsxpo and join the nsxca yada yada.:smile:

Congrats on joining thw WOLF PACK! Glad I could be some sort of help, now get your ass to NJ for NSXPO 2011!

Welcome - you made a great choice! Now I just need to find where you are so I can drive by when I start to miss my '00 Silverstone while visiting family in NoVA!

Looks like you did great Uber! Glad you are a member and I'm sure you won't dissappoint anyone with your comments. I am glad I could have been some help to you in your search and it looks like a really nice car and what a GREAT color!!!! :biggrin:

Sounds like you're on the right track with everything you're doing. Good luck on that and have fun with your new toy!

Back