silver '96 JH4NA1182TT000113

Re: silver '96

What's custom on this car and why should Honda denies it's existence?

What's custom on this car and why should Honda denies it's existence?

Because Silver was not available in 1996.

BUT

It is in Honda's system as:

VIN / HIN: JH4NA1182TT000113

Acura
NSX
NSX-T 5 Speed Manual
Grand Prix White
Onyx

Could the owner had it painted Silver?

Thats my car:tongue: I have been chasing this car down since 2001 when I first saw it on Ebay. In the Honda's database it will say Grand Prix white. That is because Honda denied making that sebring silver in 96'. The paint code on the door is NH-522M which is sebring silver. The car was not repainted. I was talking to Mitch F. a couple of weeks ago and he was pursuing one of Comptech's old NSX's. It was 1993 Brooklands green. In 93' in the U.S. they didn't make green. But somehow Comptech got the car here and when he ran the VIN through Honda's database it showed the same as mine...Grand Prix white. So it seems when Honda wants to denie a color combo that wasn't supposed to be here they lable it a GPW.

On side note, I got to thank Ben L. for helping me with the info on my car. Without his help, I wouldn't have purchased this car.

I really don't plan on selling this one. Basically it is only on Auto Trader to get people to visit the website.

Last edited:

honda should have told him about the 97 updates that was coming, i know i'd be pissed

On side note, I got to thank Ben L. for helping me with the info on my car. Without his help, I wouldn't have purchased this car.

We did a little research into this car. It's not *the* Ellison car that's been talked about in the past, but it seems that more than one were built at his request. This one was originally given to another Oracle exec.

honda should have told him about the 97 updates that was coming, i know i'd be pissed

Probabaly why the car had no miles on it.

When you have so much money and have bought so many NSXs that American Honda will order special one-offs built for you, I don't think it matters much. He probably got a few '97s when they came out as well.

The one I got was registered to Jeff Henley. He is the guy right under Ellison at Oracle. I tried to dig further and find out more , but they did not know anything else at the Acura dealership in NJ.

The one I got was registered to Jeff Henley. He is the guy right under Ellison at Oracle. I tried to dig further and find out more , but they did not know anything else at the Acura dealership in NJ.

what dealer? PM ME if you want...Maybe I can help:wink:

Back