Silver '02 w/ Blower from NY on Ebay JH4NA21672T000059

Car is from NY but apparently now resides in Key Largo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290084777575&rd=1&rd=1

13k miles, one owner, supposedly never tracked, etc.

460 (Dyno Tested) HP from 12:1 Blower
Carbon Fiber Induction System
Stainless Steel headers
Resonnated Stainless Muffler Set
Comtech MAP Controller System
Brembo Floating Brake Kit, Cross Drilled
Comtech Competition clutch

Anyone seen it or have any history on it? It's through a broker via ebay which I'm a little sketched on but I might make a go for it.

All feedback and advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Silver '02 w/ Blower from NY on Ebay

He must have typed a 4 instead of 3 :biggrin:

Anyone else notice all the typos???
Carbon Fiber Induction System
Stainless Steel headers
Resonnated Stainless Muffler Set
Comtech MAP Controller System
Brembo Floating Brake Kit, Cross Drilled
Comtech Competition clutch

I know which 3 you're talking about. I'm talking w/ the broker that doesn't know too much. Those are his typos too. I did however request an explanation. If that passes, then I'll request the documentation too. Thanks

Last edited:

Looks awesome. BBK, Comptech SC'd and an NA2:eek: :biggrin:

I'd imagine that the figure includes all the mods? Then it would make sense. Start adding up the mods and you get to $40k, i think.... Brakes $8k, Clutch, SC, ....................$$$$.........$$$$$$.......-----> $40k

$8K for those Brembos? That's not the Indy kit.

At most:

$6K Brembo GT brakes (doesn't state if it's Fr & R) **$1K labor

$9K S/C + $2K engine mgmt. ***2K labor

$4K supporting mods (I/H/E) **$1K labor

$2K clutch **$1K labor

I get $28K--and I seriously overestimated labor. :rolleyes:

At most:

$6K Brembo GT brakes (doesn't state if it's Fr & R) **$1K labor

$9K S/C + $2K engine mgmt. ***2K labor

$4K supporting mods (I/H/E) **$1K labor

$2K clutch **$1K labor

I get $28K--and I seriously overestimated labor. :rolleyes:

Hmm.... maybe you're right. But still, maybe he payed more for all of that stuff than we ever would have..... Once Jim takes a look at the reciepts that should tell all. The car looks clean, and the ad states that it has never been wrecked. Hopefully everything checks out okay. If so I guess we'll get to see it at the next big meetup.

For some reason when I see a for sale ad for a car like this, I am always hesitant at how the car was cared for when it is not totally clean. Looking at all of the dark brake dust coating the wheels makes me question the overall care of the car if they could not take the time to make it totally immaculate for its debut to the buying public. For all I know it is totally babied....just a personal observation. Looks to be a fun car though.

The car is still listed on ebay. I talked to the broker but decided to not go for it. The SC and most of the mods were done back in '02. I've decided to get a stock '02+ and do the mods myself. The buyer will prob let the car go for $62k to $65k. Thanks to all for responding.

If this car is in good condition, i'll buy it. I'm actually looking for a SC or Turbo 99+. 02 is even better and my range is up to 60k. But i want one with MORE mods on it, from interior to exterior.

The car is still listed on ebay. I talked to the broker but decided to not go for it. The SC and most of the mods were done back in '02. I've decided to get a stock '02+ and do the mods myself. The buyer will prob let the car go for $62k to $65k. Thanks to all for responding.
Good luck finding a CTSC in the future

Good luck finding a CTSC in the future

Yeah, but (on the flip side) a CTSC could be less desirable because of Comptech going away. You won't be able to get parts, technical support, or any warranty work done. That's my opinion at least. :wink:

Yeah, but (on the flip side) a CTSC could be less desirable because of Comptech going away. You won't be able to get parts, technical support, or any warranty work done. That's my opinion at least. :wink:

I agree, I think the value and desire for a CTSC went down big time today IMO

You notice how every ad you see for a high performance car always states: "never raced or tracked"
We all know people buy NSXs and other high performance cars to drive to the supermarket:rolleyes:

You notice how every ad you see for a high performance car always states: "never raced or tracked"
We all know people buy NSXs and other high performance cars to drive to the supermarket:rolleyes:

I think you might be very surprised. I know of quite a few supercar owners who have yet to see triple digit speeds or try 0-60 sprints but they sure make it to starbucks a lot. However, I do agree that it is unlikely that someone would spend that kind of money in performance parts and not see what their car is capable of at least once.

Viper, I sent you a detailed PM to your request for info from me on this car. I realize you're busy in the pursuit of you car but a simple thank you would have been appropriate.

Viper, I sent you a detailed PM to your request for info from me on this car. I realize you're busy in the pursuit of you car but a simple thank you would have been appropriate.

Hmm.....I replied to you with a thanks. Sorry if it didn't go through.......re-sending it now. :smile:

I live here in FL... it's pretty common for ppl from Jersey/NY/PA etc. to have a place here to escape the winter esp. down in the keys. I hardly have any neighbors b/c they all live up north and have FL houses as 2nd homes and they generally keep their toys down here and their commuter boxes up north... they come down here and there for the weekend or a week or two at a time.

I also know plenty of exotic owners... some even racers who do track events in say their Porsche... who rarely have their NSX over 80. As a matter of fact I'm buying a 98 CTSC NSX from a really good friend right now... He asked his mechanic blow out some carbon with it nnot long ago b/c he has never really gotten into the throttle with it... though he regularly had his Porsche at the track... it seems he never really "dogged" the NSX. I was also talking to another fellow NSXer in the FL area last Sunday who has an NSX and a track NSX and he was telling me that he never really takes his street NSX over 3k rpm. I also know several D.C. NSXers from abck when I lived there who had their NSX in immaculate condition and really never drove them hard b/c they were too worried about something going wrong in the street/how much money they had in the car... so I'm not really surprised by either statement in the ad and I almost drove down to look at it for my brother. Personally... I like 8k rpm too much to not occasionally hit it :)

Are you sure? It looks like the Indy kit to me. That color is Indy.

Also that looks like the Comptech Whipple blower. Where are they getting 460 HP from?

Last edited:
Just to close this thread........it didn't go to someone in Florida, in the kitchen with the candlestick. It went to someone from Florida, in North Carolina with a check........and for less than $62M. A little "style" and it will be an awesome NSX!

Back