Sign the petition to bring "Top Gear" to the USA

I've only seen short clips that I downloaded from sleepyfish.com. It doesn't seem that much different from the show "5th Gear" already on speedvision.

Ill sign any petition to get another car show on T.V... :smile:

hlweyl said:
I've only seen short clips that I downloaded from sleepyfish.com. It doesn't seem that much different from the show "5th Gear" already on speedvision.

Probably have to see the whole show to see the difference between the two programs. They're very similiar in that they compare and review new and generally performance and sports cars but their presentation of the program is very different. I like both shows, but I like Top Gear more. And Top Gear is usually an one hour show vs 5th gear's half hour. And if I'm not mistaken the main host of 5th gear Tiff also co-hosted Top Gear before but I could be mistaking.

Top Gear also have their own private track and "Stig" or a professional driver with unknown identity that takes some cars around the track and their times posted and compared against other cars and many other entertaining bits.

Zuerst said:
Probably have to see the whole show to see the difference between the two programs. They're very similiar in that they compare and review new and generally performance and sports cars but their presentation of the program is very different. I like both shows, but I like Top Gear more. And Top Gear is usually an one hour show vs 5th gear's half hour. And if I'm not mistaken the main host of 5th gear Tiff also co-hosted Top Gear before but I could be mistaking.

Top Gear also have their own private track and "Stig" or a professional driver with unknown identity that takes some cars around the track and their times posted and compared against other cars and many other entertaining bits.

Sounds like Japan's BEST MOTORing videos.

Signed, one of the best car shows on tv. The only time I get to fully enjoy it is when I go to India. Otherwise the usual bits and pieces downloaded... They are a bit biased, but they are biased in the true driving pleasure/performance end of things. They hate understeer and love oversteer... etc. So they generally hate the way most Japanese sports cars come from the factory.

signed - to bring it to Australia, of course. ;) :D

(BTW guys, you can download episodes of Top Gear using eDonkey though it's probably classed as warez? :confused: )

I signed it. But I have signed one of these before, so I guess it didn't really do any good.

looks like the link is dead?

I love top gear, i download all the latest episodes.
I loved the 360CS vs GT3RS.
"Now we all know that Ferrari is descendant from God, and that Porsche, is a hopped up VW"
They dont pretend to not have a bias, but i think their evaluations are very good. A terrific show, certainly better than car and driver or anything we have on tv. Too bad its run by BBC, which i dont think has much of a presence in the states.

flaminio said:
Didn't Top Gear totally dis on the NSX? Or was that just Tiff? What's Tiff doing these days, anyway?
Tiffs on a different and less-awesome show called 5th gear.
I love that guy though, looking into the camera while throwing some Audi wagon into a huge slide....

Back