Should've waited on the nsx :)

WOW. Some lucky dude named Dan wants to sell this beauty.

Allan, can you purchase this one for the rest of us to drool at??

After you buy it, you and MYNSX can add NOS to it
biggrin.gif

i always wonder what it would be like to step over a seat to get to yours. i guess it'll be kinda cool to be driving in the middle of the car.

Who here thinks that the McLauren is one of the most beautiful cars in this world. I love its front and mostly the front. I wish the back and sides were a little different but the front is perfect. Its curves are so pleasant to the eyes. The lights are aggressive but still not too aggressive. If I had the money and a chance to own one of these then It will be in my collection.

Actually here is a list of the cars that I want to have in my garage to stay with me forever.

#1. The McLauren F1 road car
#2. The Jaguar XJ220
#3. The Italdesign Cala (if ever made into production)
#4. The Acura NSX (1st Generation)

I loved each and every one of these cars since I have seen a real picture of them. The italdesign cala looks beautiful to me but the XJ220 still looks better. The McLauren is No1 because it is beautiful and faster than all others.

Now "THATS" a supercar!!

Theres one here in AZ .The car is every bit as awesome as you would imagine.He paid 1.4 million for it it was originally another color and was previously owned by a shiek<---(I think thats how it's spelled).He was flown out first class to England staying 4 months to build the car around him,5 star hotels and trained to drive it on a private race track---all included of course!)....Sounds like a nice vacation,to me.. The more I learned about it the more I was amazed at the attention to detail and superior planning,there is only one "supercar" and thats the one. IMO.

I spent a couple hours w/ the owner he has an huge awesome collection.Including the Mercedes silver CLK exotic,Testarosa,3 Diablo's,Modena.The car pulls away as it changes gears w/ butter smoothness and brutal torque.Soo refined.

He's the one who created the protocall for the ATM machines (so keep on using those cards)each time you do he gets paid a small piece (but of millions and millions of transactions).Only 34 years old "not bad"...
smile.gif

Anything's possible.

Focused ,driven.persisant

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

[This message has been edited by MYNSX (edited 13 December 2002).]

[This message has been edited by MYNSX (edited 13 December 2002).]

the f1 has the most ingenius seating configuration. i would drive the nsx ALOT more if i could fit 1 more person in there.

other strange seating arrangements:
-italdesign aztec was a 2 seater with seperate cockpits. it came with headsets for communication. http://www.ne.jp/asahi/modelcar/yow.itoh/carrozzeria/italdesign.phot/i066.jpg

-can't remember the name of the car, but it's a 1 seater where the cockpit swivels like a pendulum so that your whole body leans into a turn

[This message has been edited by nicholas421 (edited 13 December 2002).]

can't remember the name of the car, but it's a 1 seater where the cockpit swivels like a pendulum so that your whole body leans into a turn

--------------------------------------------

Now thats technology!! Very nice.Thats gotta feel great too.

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

Originally posted by NSXTC:
Maybe this is the same one..

The website is registered to someone at:

5010 E. Shea
Suite D-200
Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Yep, that is the same one here in AZ, I was on Scottsdale road heading north when I saw him going the other way....Immediately I turned around at the first possible chance, but was unable to catch him.....Damn that is a nice ass car!

Originally posted by Ag NSX:
Did anyone notice that in the first picture, there's another one right next to it!

Yes I did. I thought it might have been at the McLaren dealership?

The first picture is from when the car was at the McLaren factory.
It's a beautiful car and you are wrong to even care about a couple of rock chips. Even if this was one of the few that was wrapped around a tree or driven by Mr. Bean I would buy it as CF tubs can be fixed.

Originally posted by SilverOne:
wow, niiiiiiice
smile.gif

I have to agree. It's is TRULY stunning. I wonder if it would be possible to produce that as a kit car, if Lamborghini won't sell it. The looks alone will make me happy.

I saw that car (lic plate "subtle") all weekend long at Monterey this year including at Laguna Seca parked in the dirt in general admission parking and absolutley covered in dust!

The first two pics from the McLaren sale site are the factory "showroom" in the shop in Woking, UK. The one next to is XP5, the 240.1mph record holder.

Center seating feels very natural, and the view out of the windshield is very similar to the NSX - Ron Dennis used an NSX as one of the models of seating feel and visibility (not rearward, of course). I'm 6'4" and had plenty of room in it and it wasn't even set up for me (as I'm not the owner). Getting in and out was pretty easy, but I am a rock climber and maybe I subconsciously used a couple layback and mantle moves during the process.

There are a couple Euro race cars for sale in the $850-$950k range, that for only $250k can be made into US spec road cars, but with the added feature of having a race pedigree. It's the least expensive way to acquire one of these truly amazing cars.

The F1 is the only real "super car" IMO because they held the ideals that we all celebrate in our NSXs to the highest possible standards that money could buy and produced the best device humans could conceive. Everything else falls short in some way or another and doesn't put it all together like the McLaren. Maybe the next NSX...

It's on my Xmas list, Santa, and I've been damn nice this year.

-Ed www.nsxbuilder.com

I agree with a lot of the comments that have been posted here. What I also found interesting was that I always thought of the F1 as a supermachine, but one in the tradition of the F40/50, whereby luxury was sacrificed for performance. The McLaren for sale seems to have all the amenities of a supercar, and then some, including:

(1) 100GB MP3 system
(2) CDMA and GSM Phone
(3) Navigation System (ie, GPRS)
(4) Xenon Lights

The other thing that I find interesting is that in addition to the McLaren F1, the cars being advertised on the Road & Track magazine are fairly old, such as the F40 (why not the F50 and/or the Enzo) and (what appears to be) the 959 (resolution is really bad). So I'm wondering how dated this ad was/is?

Originally posted by Ryanmcd2:
I am going to send him a e-mail and see what he is asking for the car. I hope he does not want more because it was in Road & Track.

Ryan, curious to know if there was any response?? I doubt there will be.

Regards.

Originally posted by NSXaholic:
The other thing that I find interesting is that in addition to the McLaren F1, the cars being advertised on the Road & Track magazine are fairly old, such as the F40 (why not the F50 and/or the Enzo) and (what appears to be) the 959 (resolution is really bad). So I'm wondering how dated this ad was/is?

They address their reasons for this selection in the beginning of the artical.

Yep, no e-mail back from the person. I know of 2 of them in CA a few months back and there is only 1 place that they let do the DOT stuff on the car and it's in CA. The owner of that place said someone had one for sale and my have to find him. I think the person with that site is full of it or because I did not put a phone number he never sent mail. Oh well.

Back