Should I paint my factory 05 wheels?

I like the creativity of your Silverstone idea but I think you would be happier with more contrast as others have said. Black might work well but I am not normally a fan of black wheels as they tend to die in the surrounds of black tires and wheel wells. If any car can pull it off a Silverstone or White NSX could.
With that said, lighter would be my suggestion, and if that is the direction you choose you might be best served to maintain the stock color (for resale reasons at least, if that even matters to you).

As others have said, I think gun metal would make the wheels look dirty on a silver car. Not sure what else would look good, polished maybe?

My vote would be for a shiny black will go well and stand out with the type r wing

I think I paid $30 for one center cap at the acura dealer.... maybe more... :rolleyes:

I was referring to the JDM NSX-R center caps that come in white , washi gray or silver and run $200 plus shipping.

wingZ has you covered on the lug nuts

the center caps.. your not going to believe it but go to your local honda dealer and order caps for stock 09-09 s2000 wheels. the caps are the same part as the jdm h caps for 02-05 nsx.

While they may fit, the part #s are different. FYI.

Where did you get the caps and the lugs? I obviously can't walk into an Acura dealer and ask for it. These are JDM parts, right? do you have a pic? sounds like it would be cool.

Caps would have to be ordered from Japan, lug nuts can be ordered from Acura. Part # 90304-SA7-811

I was referring to the JDM NSX-R center caps that come in white , washi gray or silver and run $200 plus shipping.

If you can find a source to order them in Japan w/o a middleman marking them up, they are about US$30 a piece.

Here's a dark gunmetal.......

black.jpg

Last edited:
You sly dog when did you do this:wink:

It's a photochop.......I had the Gunmetal wants a few months ago and a fellow Prime member helped me out. I cooled off, but saved the photo just in case :-)

It's a photochop.......I had the Gunmetal wants a few months ago and a fellow Prime member helped me out. I cooled off, but saved the photo just in case :-)

It looks awesome but I would suggest the racier red center caps for more of an "R" feel:biggrin:

ben,

fyi.. i have a 2008 s2000 and have compared the center caps to the jdm H caps i ordered from japan for my 2005 nsx and the caps are identical. (color, fit, h color and shape etc)

thus my advise to turbo2go. also i have 2008 s2000 cr wheels as a backup set and the color is pretty close to the washi grey on your silverston 05. i have not tried i, but i bet the 2008 cr caps would be pretty close to perfect on the washi grey wheels.

Back