Should I Change Daily Drivers?

I currently daily drive a '00 S2000. I'm thinking about changing to a C5 Z06. Am I insane for giving up Honda build quality and reliability for GM? I'm just itching for a change, something completely different. Yes or no? Thanks!

I'd say yes just because if you don't then the feeling will just linger and never go away. And it's not like you can never go back if it's not what you expected on the reliability front. May cost you some change but, hey, at least the itch will be gone. :wink:

I really like the looks of the z06. Unless you have a recurring pass, you're only goiing to be here on the planet once. Have fun while you're here...

Um well, you're looking to change your DAILY DRIVER. Certainly an S2000 is no less DD-worthy than an NSX (more so), but do you really want a Z06 as a DD??? What is your weekend car???

I guess, to me, a DD should have some semblance of comfort and driveability - can't imagine a C5 Z06 would have those. Maybe if the suspension is adjustible with a "pussy" mode it would be ok, but otherwise... It's like getting an F430 vs. an F40. One is definitely NOT a daily driver.

For the same amount, I'd look at M3 or S4. Great performance, lots of creature comforts, not too much more mechanical problems than a Chevy :wink: , and still more attention getting than your S2000.

Back