Should I buy this Porsche 996 coupe?

I found this 99 Porsche coupe and it says 36k miles on the ad. But when I check carfax it shows 60k miles. Dealer told me that when they inspect the miles on the car. They mistakenly put 60k KM as miles. Should I trust them and buy this car? Here's the vin # WP0AA2991XS623656

Don't do it! Forget about the mileage for a second, and look at the car. You do not want a 99 996. A 2000 or a 2001 would be ok, but STAY AWAY from the 99's. Trust me I just lost about $10,000 on one, and the market on them is falling very fast still right now. The 99's had major engine problems, and they have a very poor build quality too. Plus, the interior material in a 99 is very cheap. The dash is a hard styrofoam like substance, yuk. A 95-98 993 or a 2000 and up 996 would be fine, but if there is one year 911 you do not want, a 99 is it. For more info go to www.funcarsonline.com (it's under cfg's 996 borad) and search under 99 996 and see what you get. Hope this helps you avoid the same mistake I made.....
Aaron

I have seen this mileage discrepancy type post a few times in the past week. I just want to say that this does happen because it has happened to me. I had a vehicle (not my NSX) in for service and the tech put the wrong mileage in the computer.The problem is also near impossible to get it repaired. When I recently traded the vehicle in the problem was still there.

Originally posted by topdaytrader:
I found this 99 Porsche coupe and it says 36k miles on the ad. But when I check carfax it shows 60k miles. Dealer told me that when they inspect the miles on the car. They mistakenly put 60k KM as miles. Should I trust them and buy this car? Here's the vin # WP0AA2991XS623656

Funny,I thought that I was reading the NSX Forums
confused.gif

Newsflash to topdaytrader - why not ask this question on the Porsche list? Sheesh?

Maybe this is the answer he is looking for:

No - Do not buy the Porsche. Buy an NSX instead. (When you find the NSX you want, make sure you ask for opinions on it on the Porsche forums.)
biggrin.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Back