Should I buy a new NSX?

If you can afford to get a new one then go for it. With a used car you will have to worry about owner history and any issues that go with fixing an older one.

Unless you are patient to find a clean used one which are out there but takes some time such as for me (1 year before I found mine). A used one can be updated or upgraded to perform beyond a new one but thats totally up to you. I personally like the pop up headlights but I like some of the 02 style updates.

As far as depreciation goes I think the NSX has bottomed out in depreciation.
Now that it is discontinued and the fact that there is less than 8800 in the US running around since 1991. Also out of those how many have been totalled? How many clean ones are left running around?

Who knows what it might be worth within 20-30 years? Look at some of the American cars of the 60s and 70s being sold at Barrett-Jackson. I talked to a lot of guys and say some of those cars use to be a dime a dozen or mass produced.

I was looking for a 97+ originally but after talking to Jon Martin I decided to go with a 91-94 NSX based on what I wanted to do. Good luck on whatever you decide. A new or used one will make you happy either way.

imo, buy the cleanest low mileage stock 2002 nsx you can find, and save 20 grand for a car with only 10k miles on it.

Back