Should I be worried about this????

SCS2k said:
He bought the car on September 20, 2004 from a wholesaler. Look here:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15981&highlight=twinvipers

Actually, he told me about that yesterday afternoon.

Here's how the confusion came in......Jeff told me he owned the car (which he does) and carfax said the car has only had 1 owner ever. Also, the NY title titled to Jeff says NEW on it and not used, therefore based on that and carfax, I assumed he was the only person who ever owned the car. When I said something about him being the only owner yesterday, he told me that was incorrect and explained the details.

Thank you though, for finding that info and showing it to me. :)

Wow, that is a risky move sending full payment like that, but I hope everything works out ok. Quick thought, instead of flying out if that is not something that you want to do, why couldn't someone from Prime who is located near where the car is go out and look at the car for you to make sure it is not misrepresented and most importantly not a case of identity theft. You can have all the supporting documentation in the world, but it doesn't necessarily mean you are safe.

everything sounds good on this vehicle but let me tell you something happened to someone i know. he bought a motorcycle on EBAY. agreement was when the bike was delivered to shipping company he would call the shipping company make sure it was there then wire the money. which he did. bike was "stolen" from the shipping company after the money was wired. the sellers turned out to be using phony ID/credentials. buyer out 7000 dollars. he says he learned a valuable lesson. blames himself. :(
jlindy said:
Wow, that is a risky move sending full payment like that, but I hope everything works out ok. Quick thought, instead of flying out if that is not something that you want to do, why couldn't someone from Prime who is located near where the car is go out and look at the car for you to make sure it is not misrepresented and most importantly not a case of identity theft. You can have all the supporting documentation in the world, but it doesn't necessarily mean you are safe.

jlindy said:

If someone from here lives out that way and would like to stop by and check it out, that would be great and I would really appreciate it.

willabeest said:
everything sounds good on this vehicle but let me tell you something happened to someone i know. he bought a motorcycle on EBAY. agreement was when the bike was delivered to shipping company he would call the shipping company make sure it was there then wire the money. which he did. bike was "stolen" from the shipping company after the money was wired. the sellers turned out to be using phony ID/credentials. buyer out 7000 dollars. he says he learned a valuable lesson. blames himself. :(

I checked out the dealership pretty well before sending the check. They have been in business since 1992, and have no complaints with the BBB or anywhere else. They sell alot of high end vehicles. They have sold 129 cars on Ebay alone, without a single complaint. Also, I know for a FACT that Jeff owns the car and I know for a FACT that Jeff owns the dealership. Here is a link to their webpage if anyone would like to see it:

http://www.performanceautoltd.com/

Also, the car title and all other paperwork is being Fedex'd to me today. I usually don't trust anybody in any kind of situation like this.....but this time with everything I know and all my talking with both Jeff and John, my gut really tells me that they are totally on the up and up. I've honestly never before felt this way in any transaction I've done with any car, not even when buying a new car in person. Maybe I'm being stupid.....but I'm sure everything is OK.

Thank you though for worrying and for all your help. I REALLY do appreciate it. :) It's good to see there's so many nice people out here on the board.

Yeah, I always feel more comfortable buying from a dealer than an individual especially when doing it online. Good luck and enjoy the new car.

tbck2793 said:
Actually, he told me about that yesterday afternoon.

Here's how the confusion came in......Jeff told me he owned the car (which he does) and carfax said the car has only had 1 owner ever.

Carfax doesn't always get the number of owners correct. For my car, it showed 2 owners, yet the registration history does reflect the different registered owners in 3 states (Including me) and I'm the 4th owner. Good luck on your deal. It looks like a great car.

Well the car looks beautiful in the pictures, looks brand new actually. I hope it is everything the pictures represent it to be when it arrives and then they will have 130 EBay transactions without a complaint.

Waiting for the car to arrive is a pain isn't it? I bought mine from NJ and shipped it across the Country too. Took approximately 3 weeks for it to be picked up and arrive at my door - spotless.

Good luck and welcome again.

Cairo94507 said:
Well the car looks beautiful in the pictures, looks brand new actually. I hope it is everything the pictures represent it to be when it arrives and then they will have 130 EBay transactions without a complaint.

Waiting for the car to arrive is a pain isn't it? I bought mine from NJ and shipped it across the Country too. Took approximately 3 weeks for it to be picked up and arrive at my door - spotless.

Good luck and welcome again.

Thank you. Yes, I can't wait until it gets here. It' shipping Thursday and will take either 2 or 4 days after that to come....depending how many other stops the guy has to make. I'm hoping for 2 days so I can drive it on my days off over the weekend.

Like you, I am new to owning an NSX. My 2000 was shipped from NJ to Tampa. It arrived two weeks ago. I used Dependable Auto Shippers. With their tracking code, I could track the car's trip via computer. DAP uses a Qualcom GPS system for tracking. It was really quite slick to follow it down I-95 and through I-4. Have you received the car yet?

tampajerry said:
Like you, I am new to owning an NSX. My 2000 was shipped from NJ to Tampa. It arrived two weeks ago. I used Dependable Auto Shippers. With their tracking code, I could track the car's trip via computer. DAP uses a Qualcom GPS system for tracking. It was really quite slick to follow it down I-95 and through I-4. Have you received the car yet?

Sounds nice, how do you like yours so far? The waiting is the hardest part!! It's killing me!! lol I'll have to check with the dealership to see if their shipper has the GPS system. Believe me, I would be tracking my new baby's every mile! BTW what color is yours?

I hope this car turns out to be everything you expect but let me tell you this little story about a member here I helped inspect a car for. The buyer flew in from Texas to NY to come see the car he agreeded to buy if everything was ok after visual inspection. I and another member RPM (Roger) did the visual inspection, Note that this car was given a clean inspection from Greenwich Acura. Well it didnt take long before we found overspray every where on this vehicle, owner claims no knowledge of any stories with this car. Needless to say the buy did not go thru and he returned home with a nsx. This vehicle also turned up a clean car fax.

tbck2793 said:
Sounds nice, how do you like yours so far? The waiting is the hardest part!! It's killing me!! lol I'll have to check with the dealership to see if their shipper has the GPS system. Believe me, I would be tracking my new baby's every mile! BTW what color is yours?
I have a black/black 2000. I now look forward to driving to work. I was so impressed with the GPS system that I had a Viper alarm with GPS tracking installed on the car. It will track the car and display its location on your computer. If the car is moved out of its zone, engine off or on, the GPS system calls my cell/home/work phone or email and will also contact law enforcement for me. It will also kill the ignition, open or close the locks.I just hope I don't ever have to use it. Has your car arrived yet?

tampajerry said:
I have a black/black 2000. I now look forward to driving to work. I was so impressed with the GPS system that I had a Viper alarm with GPS tracking installed on the car. It will track the car and display its location on your computer. If the car is moved out of its zone, engine off or on, the GPS system calls my cell/home/work phone or email and will also contact law enforcement for me. It will also kill the ignition, open or close the locks.I just hope I don't ever have to use it. Has your car arrived yet?

Not here yet....it's supposed to ship by the end of the week and be here by the 26th or 27th. I'm getting kind of anxious and thinking of flying up there Saturday and driving home. I hate to drive it 1,100 miles though, but I'm going out of town on the 29th for 9 days. I would hate for it to be late and come when I'm gone or come right before I leave and not get to drive it at all. So now I'm not sure which way to go....delivery or pick-up and drive.

That GPS system alarm sounds really good.....if you don't mind me asking, what would something like that cost?

tbck2793 said:
... I hate to drive it 1,100 miles though, but I'm going out of town on the 29th for 9 days...

Why are you worried about putting the miles on the car? It's meant to be driven, and as you mentioned, you are going to be away for nine days so you won't be putting any mileage on it afterwards for a few days.

Get your butt up there and enjoy every mile that you drive car home. There's nothing like the feeling of driving a new car home. I've done it from Pheonix to Miami and those trips have been the best ones.

tbck2793 said:
Not here yet....it's supposed to ship by the end of the week and be here by the 26th or 27th. I'm getting kind of anxious and thinking of flying up there Saturday and driving home. I hate to drive it 1,100 miles though, but I'm going out of town on the 29th for 9 days. I would hate for it to be late and come when I'm gone or come right before I leave and not get to drive it at all. So now I'm not sure which way to go....delivery or pick-up and drive.

That GPS system alarm sounds really good.....if you don't mind me asking, what would something like that cost?

The entire Viper GPS system with alarm installed at my home was $1,000. I checked with Sound Advice in my area and was quoted $1,300 to $2,000 depending upon the alarm. It also cost $120 per year for monitoring. I looked at Lojack for $700 without an alarm. Viper calls me if the alarm is triggered or the car is moved(towed). It will also disable the ignition once the car is turned off. It will also lock/unlock the doors trunk etc. It has a battery backup good for days even if the main is disconnected. I helped/watched the install. You must dismantle the vents/dash/glove box to get the system in or out. We tested and it located my car within 10 feet of its location. Regarding your car, have you thought of Auto Train? You board the train with your car outside of Wash. DC and the next morning you and your car are unloaded in Sanford, FL. I took my Vette down from NY this way. It cut out about 18 hrs. of driving. You can PM me if you want more info on the alarm.

tbck2793 said:
I hate to drive it 1,100 miles though

I would jump at the chance to drive mine 1100 miles. I have put 19000 on mine since May of 2003, and it is not my daily driver, and not driven more than 100 miles over the winter (November-March).

After the car arrives you will have a different opinion of long journeys in it.

Well, I flew up to New York and picked up the car yesterday afternoon.

All the worry was for nothing.......the car is better than perfect, there's not a mark or a chip on it anywhere. It even still smells brand new inside.

It is awesome to drive and really comfortable inside. We drove to
Wilkes-Barre, PA last night to visit relatives. We should be back in Florida by Tuesday night. By the time I get home it will have 4,000 miles on it so first thing, I'll be taking it for it's first oil change.

As soon as I get home and get it all cleaned and Zaino'd like I like it, I'll take some new pictures and post them.

Last edited:
beckertb said:
Congratulations on your purchase. The car looks great and you got a fantastic deal. Hope to see you in Phoenix next year :-)

Ben

where's the pics? :)

jlindy said:
where's the pics? :)

Sorry I haven't had a chance to take new ones yet. I have company this week and am going on vacation Friday.

I did take a couple on the way home......I'll try and add those to my yahoo pics tomorrow.

Back