Shipping Time?

You couldn't ever find the NSX-R seats or you didn't want to pay that much for them?

White92 said:
You couldn't ever find the NSX-R seats or you didn't want to pay that much for them?

No luck finding used ones, and $7k each is a little too much to justify. The Status seats look very close (especially with no logo on them) and are the same carbon kevlar. I think they were around $2600 for the pair. The seat rails (sourced from SOS) were a tough call, but helps the finished project look that much more accurate. Plus, somehow seats without power end up never quite getting positioned right... :)

Ryan

Wow that is pretty steep for a seat. It's good you were able to find a close match though. Keep us posted!

Very cool! This will be interesting - an NSX-T with a black top. I love Grand Prix White, but I don't care much for the white painted top.

Ben said:
Very cool! This will be interesting - an NSX-T with a black top. I love Grand Prix White, but I don't care much for the white painted top.

I did something similar with my '04:

volks-side.jpg

Was just 8yr cast vinyl; but it looked fine and was just as glossy as the paint. Only reason I pulled it was that the heat from the engine was destroying the vinyl wrapped on the top when it was stowed above the motor.

Ryan

Somewhere in the neighborhood of $55-60k on top of the price of the car. We're getting as accurate as possible - even have the underbody pieces from the NSX-R coming for it.

The figures do include the price of the CTSC and some other pieces that are being swapped from my '04 to the new one, though. While not the best use of funds, I'm a firm believer that one has to have a hobby - mine just happens to be building cars.

From my perspective, the advantage to using top-quality parts and not "hacking" the car up is that the car and parts do retain their value much better than some generic off-brand pieces or shoddy work (even though the market for the parts and vehicle is smaller).

Ryan

Ryan I am very excited for you and I can't wait to see the finished car. I'm sure you researched importing an actual R at some point. Do they even make an R with the steering wheel on the left side? For Europe, probably not. Again congrats and good luck. h btw does the NSX-R have the Nav pod standard and will you be adding this to your car?

RyanITV said:
I did something similar with my '04:

Was just 8yr cast vinyl; but it looked fine and was just as glossy as the paint. Only reason I pulled it was that the heat from the engine was destroying the vinyl wrapped on the top when it was stowed above the motor.

Ryan

Wow, neat! You could actually solve that problem by buying a Berlina Black roof panel. :)

Bobolinski said:
Ryan I am very excited for you and I can't wait to see the finished car. I'm sure you researched importing an actual R at some point. Do they even make an R with the steering wheel on the left side? For Europe, probably not. Again congrats and good luck. h btw does the NSX-R have the Nav pod standard and will you be adding this to your car?

We did look at importing one, but the only clean way to do it would be for off-road and show use only. I enjoy driving the car too much to be limited to a handful of track events per year.

There's no LHD NSX-R, unfortunately. That's one of the reasons why the carpet and floormats I'm using aren't the real thing - the parts just aren't available.

The stereo, nav system, air conditioning and even airbags are optional on the NSX-R. It seems like Honda will practically build it to spec (colors, etc). I don't think we're using the nav pod on this car (I've got one I just took out of my '04), but are opting for a double-DIN head unit (Kenwood or Eclipse) that, with the face removed, can have the area covered by the NSX-R stereo delete plate.

I can't wait to really start in on the car - just got a pic yesterday of the wing (Procar Specials, grafted OEM-style LED in it):

rearwing.jpg

Ryan

Handling should be comparable, as we're using the same suspension/bracing. Aerodynamically, it'll be the same. There's will be a slight loss of rigidity because of the top and the tires (at this point) aren't the same, though. Performance should be beyond that of a standard NSX-R because of the supercharger, exhaust, intake, headers and additional weight savings.

Ryan

wow,

i am already in awe.

my favorite NSX and it's not even built yet!!

you better spoil us with a 50 page thread of pics!! hell, i'll drive down with my roommate and shoot them for you :)

Ryan can I hang out in the closet or something so I can experience the build first hand he he!! A lot of us here will be living out a dream through you on this one. Again congrats.

i cant wait till you get done and get some pics up.

I'm asking that as many pictures as possible are taken during the build-up (especially with the paintwork). At whatever point I opt to sell the car, I want to be able to show prospective buyers what was done so they understand the paint was done with a goal in mind (and not to repair collision damage).

It's been one of our dreams ever since we first started looking at getting an NSX. Before getting the '04, we almost picked up a white/black '98 with the intention of doing the same thing, but the desire for no miles on the car won out.

Ryan

RyanITV said:
I'm asking that as many pictures as possible are taken during the build-up (especially with the paintwork). At whatever point I opt to sell the car, I want to be able to show prospective buyers what was done so they understand the paint was done with a goal in mind (and not to repair collision damage).

It's been one of our dreams ever since we first started looking at getting an NSX. Before getting the '04, we almost picked up a white/black '98 with the intention of doing the same thing, but the desire for no miles on the car won out.

Ryan

I'll be looking forward to seeing the build-up pics!!

RyanITV said:
We got a VIN # on the new one late last week and the it finally appeared today on the Acura NSX Locator - I guess it's in the country and on its way!

nsx-in.jpg

Ryan

Congrats!!!
Oh.. and did u notice.......................
only one GPW on that List :biggrin:

Wow....I did not even know you had the car yet. Do you have pics of when you picked it up??

Back