shipping the car

Hi!

I read FAQ (don't send me there :) )
Because I'm going to buy out of state - I can't wait for pick up (and thats how most brokers seem to operate)

DAS(dependable auto shippers) do have drop points and all seem to be fine with them - but they won't ship open trailer. This is by no means showroom condition NSX and paying $400 extra doesn't worth it.

They say this car doesn't hav tie downs and can't be shipped in open.

Is it true? Any other suggestions? Shipping from CA to MO

Thanks!

sometimes they'll tie down the car or "hook" it from factory tow points... in which case, the NSX tow points are hard to get to and need to put on the tow ring, etc to get it done properly... i had my car shipped via enclosed cross country... they strapped it down on the suspension and rim (using thick towels to cover the lip and face of wheel)...

$400 for the security of enclose doesn't sound toobad... after all...it IS AN NSX :biggrin:

after all...it IS AN NSX :biggrin:

Yeh. But this is Honda. At least I know I will drive it all the time. Therefore, I'm ready for dings, scratches and birds droppings :biggrin:

Having it transported enclosed is probably last favor this car gets. j/k

I don't ave other choices I guess. So it will be it..

I just shipped my car coast to coast with DAS- I had to have it enclosed as well I called everyone in the world that i could find everyone was higher priced than they are. cost 812 enclosed-

all other companies said thay would do the same though- no open shipping- only enclosed-
they reason DAS is cheaper is b/c they use canves type enclosures rather than full trailer (which can get the dcar dusty and dirty a bit)

still protects from rocks and stuff though- took them 4 days coast to coast (sunday 12 noon, arrived at wednesday 3pm) and you can track it online to see where the car is city by city

Last edited:
hey GSR.... do you got more pics of your car? if that's your car in the avatar... it looks pretty damn sweet... :cool:

I have had all my cars shipped open. Including my NSX. I also live in MO, in O'Fallon. I had it shipped from TX. I have routinely used a "bid for haul" service. Just google auto shippers and you will have a few choices for transports to bid on you. I have had a 100% success rate this way. I have shipped my S500 from CA, my NSX from TX, and my Lexus LS430 from IN. Even DAS uses contract truckers to haul. There is a hub in Florissant MO where I took my Jag for drop off when I sold it to some guy in Washington state. Looked no different from any other transport facility. The bids did vary quite dramatically though. Sometimes 100% variant. These bidders are medium to small companies usually independent drivers. Although some were also transport brokers. They pay for the bid service and are very professional. They take pics of the car before pick up and even phoned me in route to give estimate of their time to deliver. I agree with you on open transport. If I am going to drive my cars six inches off the ground from road debris, why not 6 feet? As always, I only respond to posts when experience and not opinion or theory are requested. Feel free to contact me with any other questions.

I just shipped my car coast to coast with DAS- I had to have it enclosed as well I called everyone in the world that i could find everyone was higher priced than they are. cost 812 enclosed-

all other companies said thay would do the same though- no open shipping- only enclosed-
they reason DAS is cheaper is b/c they use canves type enclosures rather than full trailer (which can get the dcar dusty and dirty a bit)

still protects from rocks and stuff though- took them 4 days coast to coast (sunday 12 noon, arrived at wednesday 3pm) and you can track it online to see where the car is city by city

coast-to-coast for 812? that's cheap. I just had my civic shipped from Connecticut to Seattle by DAS and it's 1200 dollars.

are you sure it was 812 enclosed? cause on an open carrier it's already 1k from coast to coast.

Back