Shine Auto Project bumper pic and review

NSX1b.jpg

Fitment was OK, but may not be acceptable by some. The surface required quite a bit of prep work to get smooth. The factory tow hook cover doesnt fit (the opening is too large), so I had the hole glassed up. This renders the tow hook useless.

ShineFrontB.jpg

The rear edge of the bumper doesnt line up with the fender line, nor does the contour. The body shop can fit it better by modifying/glassing, but I was already into more than I expected to put into this bumper.

Side1B.jpg

Side2b.jpg

The bumper is close to the same ground clearance as stock, but extends out about 3 inches. This thing scrapes on everything.

So thats what you been doing eh? :tongue: Good stuff Jon, glad you could make it work.....great write up bud.

Give me a buzz sometime.

Wassup Randy!

hmm... it does need some work to align but could be done
my bodyshop did a pretty good job :smile:

Attachments

• DSCN2024.jpg
    DSCN2024.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 317
  • DSCN2005.jpg
    DSCN2005.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 286
  • DSCN02002.jpg
    DSCN02002.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 273
I think it looks great! Especially on a black car! Now do something about those calipers. :wink:

But did'nt Shine revise the mold so any new bumpers should be a great fit? :confused:

Last edited:
Wow, car, bumper and photos are fantastic.

I have the lip and am still on the fence about getting it done. My problem is not so much the fitment (I am confident it will work) but with how susceptible it will be to road dings. These days I have become a bona fide track junkie and think something like this lip might get killed within a season. I migth be better off just keeping my GT-One N1 lip since its indestructible (so far ;)). Also my car looks very "track-ish". The Shine lip really makes the car look classy, and cleans everything up on the front.

Decisions..decisions....:rolleyes:

I think it looks great! Especially on a black car! Now do something about those calipers. :wink:

But did'nt Shine revise the mold so any new bumpers should be a great fit? :confused:

This is the newer bumper. As compared to most of the aftermarket body kit stuff on the market, this would be a great fit. Anyone just looking at the car probably wouldnt notice the small flaws. But, depending how far you want to go in getting it perfect will depend on how thick your wallet is. 350 for the bumper, plus an additional 500-600 prep, paint and fitting starts getting questionable when one bad driveway can take that all away.

Your car looks amazing. I have the Shine front lip and it scrapes on everything too. I really love the way this one looks on black, very sleek! Great work:wink:

this bumper does hang a bit lower then stock...
just have to be very careful... but i'll probably raise the car back up a little since i now work downtown and the roads are not the greatest...
at far as the tow hook cover... my bodyshop said they might as well fill it up since u can hardly use it anywayz but in the end they just made it work with the stock tow hook cover :D

Last edited:
I have to say, I went through 2 Cantrell Concepts lips and 3 Seibons and I just picked a Shine Front Lip and couldnt be happier. The fitment was perect and sits higher than the other ones. Ill have this lip for years to come and it looks great.

Back