She's Gone...

After thinking about it back and forth, I've finally let go of my '91. We sold it to a local dealership so I could buy my mom a new car ('07 ES350). As of now, I'm driving an '06 RR HSE. Awesome everyday car, but nothing like my NSX. I'm happy that my mom can finally get a new car, as her last car was traded in for my NSX, so I'm somewhat returning the favor.

I would've much rather sold it to a fellow Prime member, but I wasn't getting what I wanted and by trading it in, I was able to save on taxes.

Anyway, if anyone is looking for a well taken care of, clean '91, North Texas Nissan now has mine :frown:

A Pic of the RR:

0_IMAGE_048.jpg

The RR Forums suck, so I'll still be reading every thread on Prime (for the rest of my life, I assume).

Wow , nice car man! I just bought one a few weeks ago from a private seller in CA. I'm trying to get rid of my 01' 330cic bimmer now. I'm having such a hard time in doing so. Did you get what you asked for for your nsx from the dealer?

Your a good son to do that but I think I would have traded the RR in and put the cash towards a cheaper daily driver for you and mom.

Thanks. The RR wasn't really my choice. I was planning on getting a RR Sport S/C, and even brought one home for the night, but then came to the conclusion that it'd be too expensive, and I'd rather keep the NSX. So my dad decided he wanted one instead, but the reg. HSE. He bought one, and my mom was supposed to get his car (745i). But after a day of driving it, he decided he didn't want to give up his BMW so we were stuck with the RR. My mom was having to drive it, and she hated how big it was.

Selling the NSX and taking over the RR was just the logical thing to do.

Thanks. The RR wasn't really my choice. I was planning on getting a RR Sport S/C, and even brought one home for the night, but then came to the conclusion that it'd be too expensive, and I'd rather keep the NSX. So my dad decided he wanted one instead, but the reg. HSE. He bought one, and my mom was supposed to get his car (745i). But after a day of driving it, he decided he didn't want to give up his BMW so we were stuck with the RR. My mom was having to drive it, and she hated how big it was.

Selling the NSX and taking over the RR was just the logical thing to do.

Still, all things considered, as mentioned above, you're a good son.

Man, I hate to be the bearer of bad news because what you did was very admirable. But, to sell a non-depreciating 91 NSX for a new Range Rover is a really poor financial decision. In 3 years, that Range Rover will have depreciated the $30k you pick up by selling the NSX. I doubt leases on RRs are very favorable for that reason, too. Hopefully you can pick up another NSX in a year or so. :smile: I may not be thinking about your situation correctly though.

Man, I hate to be the bearer of bad news because what you did was very admirable. But, to sell a non-depreciating 91 NSX for a new Range Rover is a really poor financial decision. In 3 years, that Range Rover will have depreciated the $30k you pick up by selling the NSX. I doubt leases on RRs are very favorable for that reason, too. Hopefully you can pick up another NSX in a year or so. :smile: I may not be thinking about your situation correctly though.

Well, it was kind of an awkward situation, so I didn't really give up the NSX for the RR, although the end result would indicate that. Haha we would never buy a brand new RR. Its a year old, 17k miles, that we got around $23,000 less than a brand new one. I'm going to try to buy another NSX when my mom's car is paid off, or maybe a little while after that. :wink:

I knew this was coming. :biggrin:

It's now sold from the dealership - I went out and drove it on Friday, thought about it over the weekend, and called him today to see if it was still there - alas, she was gone. Wish I would have seen your for sale thread earlier......

Thanks for the info you sent me via e-mail. NSX Prime folks rock.

I think you will have good karma in your future. Just imagine your mom telling her friends that her son got her a new 2007 Lexus ES350. You will be receiving praise from her friends. In order to receive, you must give. It is very nice to hear that you and your mom have a very good relationship. You are a good son.:smile:

I can't attribute your being a good son to "having to" drive an 06 Range Rover around. Come one now ABhagat, this is not a '85 Cavalier here.... you are not fooling me with this story!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

HAHA I agree..I didn't downgrade by much. However, it's still not my dream car (the NSX was). It's def. a nice car, although it has TERRIBLE gas mileage. Getting 16 mpg highway isn't all that much fun, especially with the amount that I drive.

LeftLane, sorry it was sold by the time you called them.

Hopefully whoever purchased the car will see this thread, and PM me to let me know it's safe somewhere, and isn't the next NSX - F50 project.

LOL... yeah tell me what its like to brake for every corner.

Back