She's gone

She's gone:frown:

5686CJs_NSX_pass_side.jpg

After three years, one week, one day and 14,000 miles my beloved NSX drove off with her new owner this afternoon.

I've been lucky to own some great cars in my 20-years of driving and the NSX was arguably the best. She was quick, fun, dead reliable, and always put a smile on my face.

My only real gripes - I am frankly too anal to ever own a black car, my stock suspension and front overhang did not mix well with my steep driveway at home and I wish Honda/Acura had offered those excellent seats with a non-power option.

The new owner is a real car enthusiast. I strongly encouraged him to check out Prime but I'm not sure if he will. The NSX compliments his Porsche Boxster S, classic 1970 240Z, and BMX X3.

I am not likely to be hanging out here as much anymore but I want to thank the management of Prime for such an excellent environment for all of us to hang out, learn from another, and discuss such important topics as the merits of a T roof vs. the coupe.

And thanks to all the online friends I've made here and all the help that has been given to me. A special thanks to Ken Sax, Larry Bastanza, Mark Basch and the organizers of NSXPO2005. My old man and I have very little in common but that long weekend in Phoenix is a very special memory for the both of us.

Good luck and godspeed to all of you.

Aloha from Christian, Dawn and Otis the Chunky NSX Monster

5686DSCN0529.JPG

You'll be back.:wink:

Back to Prime? Yes.

Back to NSX ownership? Probably not. I sold this car as part of a sea change for my wife and I as we start a family. If I were to buy another sports car/sports sedan it would be something kid friendly and unfortunately the NSX doesn't fit that bill.

I'm just grateful to have owned one of the world's greatest cars for a period of time.

Good luck to you,you have always been a thoughtful ,respectful poster:smile: I can attest to the severe decline in my personal use and enjoyment of the bee with 2 children, but ,many more things to enjoy now:biggrin:On the bright side, the car will not leave us because it still does so many things well and starts right up after the many long hiatus. :wink:

Good luck to you,you have always been a thoughtful ,respectful poster:smile: I can attest to the severe decline in my personal use and enjoyment of the bee with 2 children, but ,many more things to enjoy now:biggrin:On the bright side, the car will not leave us because it still does so many things well and starts right up after the many long hiatus. :wink:

Thank you for the good wishes and for the kind words.

Hope to see you around town!
And just remember, kids grow up!
I see another 2 seater in your future.
Maybe you should start planning now?
Snag a nice non black coupe for down the road?

I too always have enjoyed your posts.

Mark

Hope to see you around town!
And just remember, kids grow up!
I see another 2 seater in your future.
Maybe you should start planning now?
Snag a nice non black coupe for down the road?

I too always have enjoyed your posts.

Mark

Thanks Mark -

I wish you, Ann and your family nothing but the best. They're all off to college now, right? That's got to be surreal.

Safe motoring everyone.

You'll be back.:wink:

Agreed. The withdrawal symptoms will soon appear, then will come the NSX DTs. You'll find yourself dreaming about the car. Everything else you drive will seem like a piece of shit and that's when you'll come down with OCSS. (Other Cars Suck Syndrome) It won't be too long after that when another NSX will find its way into your garage. Trust me. :)

By the way. This is a VERY disturbing photo.

5686DSCN0529.JPG

Good luck and much of happiness in the life Da Hapa :smile: , they is courageous to separate from the NSX, but, I am certain that one day, you will return in the dream, when one has a family, one needs 2 cars, for the leisures (Cut Sport) and a large utility car (for the purchases and the children), I wish you the best and good contuation! :smile:
Thunder

Agreed. The withdrawal symptoms will soon appear, then will come the NSX DTs. You'll find yourself dreaming about the car. Everything else you drive will seem like a piece of shit and that's when you'll come down with OCSS. (Other Cars Suck Syndrome) It won't be too long after that when another NSX will find its way into your garage. Trust me. :)

By the way. This is a VERY disturbing photo.

5686DSCN0529.JPG

Honestly Hugh... I doubt it. I really liked the NSX but if I ever do decide to get another third/fun car or replace Ol' Bessie with something, I doubt I'll do the NSX again. Variety is the spice of life and I would probably try something different.

And as to the picture... what, you don't see the family resemblance?:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Good luck and much of happiness in the life Da Hapa :smile: , they is courageous to separate from the NSX, but, I am certain that one day, you will return in the dream, when one has a family, one needs 2 cars, for the leisures (Cut Sport) and a large utility car (for the purchases and the children), I wish you the best and good contuation! :smile:
Thunder

Thank you and best regards.

Back to Prime? Yes.

Back to NSX ownership? Probably not. I sold this car as part of a sea change for my wife and I as we start a family. If I were to buy another sports car/sports sedan it would be something kid friendly and unfortunately the NSX doesn't fit that bill.

I'm just grateful to have owned one of the world's greatest cars for a period of time.

I am sorry that you lost your mind, but its been nice having you here.

Here are some spy shots of your upcoming kid-friendly sports car:

08.chrysler.van.340.jpg

6060829.001.1M.jpg

:biggrin: :biggrin:

I am sorry that you lost your mind, but its been nice having you here.

Here are some spy shots of your upcoming kid-friendly sports car:

08.chrysler.van.340.jpg

6060829.001.1M.jpg

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Nah... the wife already drives the huge SUV with three rows of seats and my old Lexus sedan has plenty of room in the back for car seats.

My definition of a kid friendly sports car is something like a new 911 because of the vestigal back seats and the superior occupant protection offered in a new car vs. a now 20-year old design.

Trust me, I'm not bagging on the NSX but I was always, and I mean always, worried about a side collision when I drove that thing here in the land of monster SUV's.

Oh Bro. You must be so depressed:frown: It was nice meeting you and your Dad at NSXPO 05. That is an experience I wish I could do with my own dad, something real special. I'm sure once the baseball season starts, you'll be quick to bash my Yankee's.:rolleyes: Monday is opening day:biggrin:

Oh Bro. You must be so depressed:frown: It was nice meeting you and your Dad at NSXPO 05. That is an experience I wish I could do with my own dad, something real special. I'm sure once the baseball season starts, you'll be quick to bash my Yankee's.:rolleyes: Monday is opening day:biggrin:

Hey Thanks Mike.

NSXPO was a very, very special experience for my Dad and I.

I just got back from my 11th year of spring training baseball in AZ and I'm so fired up about the season starting. Injuries are already taking a toll on my poor Halo's but I don't care. It's baseball.

And you know I don't hate the Yankees. I HATE the Red Sox. Those bastards consistenly kick the crap out of my team. I began hating them in 1986 but man, oh man, do I hate them now:biggrin:

Christian,
As docjohn has stated, you have been one of the most thoughtful, classy, and intelligent posters on Prime. Your posts show integrity and professionalism. I am particularly thankful to you for all your appreciations and supports you have shown publicly and privately. I am sad that you sold the NSX. Even though you said you might not get on Prime much in the future, please keep in touch.
Best wishes,
Steve

Christian,
As docjohn has stated, you have been one of the most thoughtful, classy, and intelligent posters on Prime. Your posts show integrity and professionalism. I am particularly thankful to you for all your appreciations and supports you have shown publicly and privately. I am sad that you sold the NSX. Even though you said you might not get on Prime much in the future, please keep in touch.
Best wishes,
Steve

Thanks Steve (you too DocJohn).

Honestly, I'm not that sad that I sold the NSX. It was a fantastic car and nothing in life is more important than family. Small price to pay, I say.

I've really enjoyed my time here on Prime and as you can tell by my posting here still every day... I'm having a hard time letting go.

The NSX demographics might have changed in the last 6 years since I've been active on Prime but there are still some quality folks here and I've enjoyed learning from so many of you, meeting a few of you in person, and generally just being able to discuss one of my favorite things... cars.

Best wishes to you and yours.

Much mahalos -

Da Hapa

Nah... the wife already drives the huge SUV with three rows of seats and my old Lexus sedan has plenty of room in the back for car seats.

My definition of a kid friendly sports car is something like a new 911 because of the vestigal back seats and the superior occupant protection offered in a new car vs. a now 20-year old design.

Trust me, I'm not bagging on the NSX but I was always, and I mean always, worried about a side collision when I drove that thing here in the land of monster SUV's.

I see that the old LS plus the NSX sold = GT-R ;) AWD, TT, & Rear Seats...

I deff understand the evolution of life thought process, and although I'm a little to young to be worried about kids yet, I'll be letting go of the NSX one day when the kid territory arrives. Luckily for me, my brother is 7 years younger then me... So it will get passed on!!!

BTW Congrats on the next step.

Back