Service Techs in NYC Area

Just picked up a 1993 in White. Was curious if there was a preffered Acura dealer in NYC who has a Cert. NSX tech... or any local shop that you recommend to do routine maintaince work. Anything weird or major... I'd probably take it out to Larry.

Also... do you guys in the borroughs cringe at the thought of parking it at a meter? I almost had a heart attack when I saw a guy nearly back up into
the front of my car. Guy says to me.. don't worry.. I have parking sensors that will beep at me if I am too close. :eek: Problem is he had an SUV and
the sensors are so high I doubt it would have ever warned him !

I would recommend Larry B, especially because you just got the car. Let him do a thorough check of it so the only worry you could have will be parking at those meters.

Larry B. he loves working on these cars, I think, if not he just really knows what he's doing. I live in NYC and brought my 93 out to him.

Based upon his posts here on Prime I believe Larry B. to be one of the most knowledgable NSX guys on the planet. If I were in your shoes I would go to him. However, I have heard that you will need to leave your car with him. Depending upon your situation this may not be an option for you.

It depends on what the routine maintenance is. If it's something really minor, like an oil change, brake pad replacement, or tire replacement, any competent mechanic can do it. If it's something more than that - say, a 30K/60K/etc service, or especially if it's one of the more complex procedures, like replacing the timing belt or clutch, just take it to Larry B.

I do not take my nsx anywhere where I cannot park safe and a meter in NYC is one of those places that I do not park my car. Larry B is great and can save you alot of money but if time is a factor and you cannot get an appointment then Davis Acura in Langhorn PA ask for only Bernie to work on your car.

you think parking in nyc is tuff, larry's driveway is
mentioned during traffic reports on cbs880 am...:biggrin:

Larry is so good that some people take there car to him and then take a plane ride home ..... Is that not right Don ? :biggrin:

There's no train between the city and Warwick, but there's a bus. Trains go about ten minutes away. Read more here.

There is a train and it is pretty convenient. About 20 minutes from me is the Harriman station on the Port Jervis line of Metro North. I am fine with drop off and pickup at the station, do it all the time:). It offers a pretty flexible schedule, every few hours. Go here, then check schedule:

http://www.mta.info/mnr/html/mnrmap.htm

Regards,
LarryB

Back