Service history from dealer?

XYZ_NSX

Suspended
When I purchased my '93 from a dealer (non-Acura), I didn't receive any service history with it. I'm attempting to track down the previous owner (who traded it in for a new Mercedes) in hopes of finding some service info. Car was obviously well-maintained, but I still want to know (kinda like wanting to know who your current girlfriend used to date...).

Anyway...getting to my question: If I go to the local Acura dealership, can they enter my VIN and pull up a service history (assuming the car was serviced at Acura somewhere previously)?

NSX_7.jpg

if you go to any acura dealer they are not allowed to tell you who the previous owner was the only thing they can tell you is if it has had any of the recalls performed.

I got a guy that can tell me all kinds of stuff. Whats the Vin, I can get most info PM me

I can usually only get the last name of the owner, and any accessories they ordered with the car. and any major issues like TB.WP job
and miles when purchased or delivered

But she looks mint from the one photo. congrats

I only name I could get the on my NSX was the name Minors Miracles as the original owner of my NSX, called a few names in the phone book but it was from 1992 so they probably dont live there any more ya know I gave up. but you might get lucky let me know the VIN

Last edited:
I wasn't planning on asking the Acura dealer who the previous owner was. I know they most likely don't have that info. I have written for the ownership history from the DMV and am awaiting their (mailed) response.

I was only wondering if Acura maintained a system-wide service history. I know when I bring my Chevrolet in to any dealership, they can tell me when the last service was and at what dealership.

Last edited:
I had the same case. I recently purchase a '92 and tried calling the dealer to get the service records. The first time I called, the guy told me that I cannot get any info for privacy issue. I was lucky that I bought it from a co-worker and I asked him to call the dealer and faxed a copy of his driver's licence and authorization letter. I picked it up the next day. Unfortunately the dealer had kept records for a period of 10 years. You can try calling different time and talk to different tech, you might be able to get what you need depends on their mood.

So...did you call the dealer that had serviced the car or was it your local (random) dealer? I'm not sure where to start (the car originally came from Tampa), but I figured if I visit one (or more) local dealers here to see if they have anything in their database.

Why is it "unfortunate the dealer had kept records for a period of 10 years"? That sounds like a good thing, no?

One more time: Does Acura maintain a SYSTEM-WIDE database of serivce history for their vehicles?

Last edited:
One more time: Does Acura maintain a SYSTEM-WIDE database of serivce history for their vehicles?

To my knowledge the answer is NO. Unless it is warranty work.

I got the records from a local dealer where the original owner went to. 10 years of records is good but considering the car is 18 years old. I was hoping to get all the records from the first year when he got the car in '92.

if you gave me the VIN I can get more info on the car than you would be able to trust me.

If the car originally came from Tampa, Where I live I am sure I can help

but if you like faxing and calling and running around in circles to find the info out yourself then so be it.

but we try and help other NSX owners here on Prime. Thats what we all do A bunch of Helpful Guys.

but for me the info is only a click away.

Goodluck on your search

Last edited:
if its a salvage title or what -ever and you dont want that posted then I will not post it on prime I will only send you the info in your mail box.

My car is NOT salvage. Please do not infer that in a public forum. In such a small community, statements like that can create suspicion/doubt and can cause my (potential) future sale price to be reduced. I would appreciate it if you edited your post to remove that comment. I have also sent you a PM regarding this.

Thank you.

Last edited:
See how things start. LOL

My NSX is not a salvage. and I never said your NSX was a salvage.

take care.

Wow...what a nice guy. Glad I joined this forum:

shawn110975 wrote: I didn’t say it was salvage, I was saying if I had the vin and I found out it was salvage then I wouldn’t post it. I would just send the info to your Mail box. But publicly telling me to remove a comment is something I will not do. I did nothing wrong.

If you had e-mailed me and asked me to remove it then yes I would have, but not now. It stands.

It’s not like my comment says VIN # J4NA1......... is salvage. So how is it reducing your cars value or hurting you in anyway. I was trying to help you get info on your car.

I did how ever Highlight the part in my post saying
"IF IT WERE SALVAGE" to meet you half way

Anyway good luck on your search.

<!-- / message -->

XYZ is right! my username spelled backwards....

To my knowledge the answer is NO. Unless it is warranty work.
My understanding is that they only maintain system wide records for warranty work on recalls, not on any other warranty or non-warranty work.

Each individual dealer has records on work they have done on a car. However, they may not retain that work history forever (as noted in the example above), and of course you need to know exactly which dealer did work in order to know which one(s) to contact.

Back