Sept. 10 Meet/BBQ @ Marin Acura

How do I get to Pier 30 from Daly City / 280?

Thanks,

Mike

MikeC_587 said:

Thanks,

Mike

Take N. 280 all the way into SF until it ends onto King St. (which will turn into The Embarcadero). Continue straight until you get to Bryant St (just before the bridge). Make a right turn into the parking lot.

MikeC_587 said:

Thanks,

Mike

Take 280 towards downtown SF/SBC ballpark, then keep going straight! Pier 30 is on the right hand side just right before u get under the bridge. When u see Bryant street, make a right into the fenced area, u can't miss it!

NSX-Tuner said:
MikeC_587 better not get lost now with all these directions... :D

Just to be sure... Maybe someone should come to my house and lead me there :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mike

BTW, thanks for the directions...

Unfortunately I got paged in to work tomorrow morning so I am going to have to regretfully pull my name from the list. :frown: Take lots of pics and I hope you guys have a blast! See you next meet-up!

1. Litespeeds
2. MikeC_587
3. Cairo94507 (2)
4. tk (+guest)
5. Silver-Streak
6. larrynsx
7. NSX-Tuner
8. D'Ecosse
9. Arlorey
10.juejaimon (2)
11.ashik (Friend)
12.RAVN_NSX
13.specrtd (friend)
14.calexand
15.mikeh
16.Red97T (+ guest)
17.NorCalwhite
18.Drew C.
19.Ben
20.SFNSXguy (Harry S. + guest) * LEAD DRIVER!
21.nsxer119 (Coleman and Angela)
22.spartan2-3
23.amgnsx (Ariel+Wife)
24.whiteNSXs
25.randomharmony (+ guest)
26.Yawwn
27.DonD (+ Trudy)
28.smooth
29.Orlando & Wife (newbie enthusiast)
30.phongnsx
31.mickeylex (+Lisa)
32.CiaoBoy
33. smhrednsx91 (mark+sandy)
34. myf16 (+ guest?)
35. na14yu
36. sycosho
37. Drukinfoolio (+ guest)
38. gfunk808 (+guest)
39. May a.k.a. Ms. Purple!!
40. NSX88
41. geometro ( + guest)
42. 0ctan3 (andrew)
43. Alexlude (Alex)
44. Dainese51

Hey Steve,
Why don't you wait for me at your house and we can drive up together and meet up with whichever group you want. What time should I get to your house? Is 9:45 good or is that too late?

Sid!.. sure, swing by my place and we'll head out together... how about 9:30 meet at my place? :smile:

Litespeeds said:
Hey Steve,
Why don't you wait for me at your house and we can drive up together and meet up with whichever group you want. What time should I get to your house? Is 9:45 good or is that too late?

Thanks for the great time everybody, and a huge thanks to the people who made this event possible and Marin Acura for the facilities.

Two pics from the drive afterwards....
11315DSC00688.jpg

11315DSC00689.jpg

--
George

So pissed I missed this one. I got a appendicitis on thursday and went into surgery friday 1:00 am. I got released after 3:00 pm saturday, way too late for the meet.

Had the front lip repainted and the car was all detailed and waiting for me too :frown:

OK, Lisa (ala Nalesh & Lisa, aka "Mickeylex") graciously used my camera to take some nice pictures yesterday. Of course Nalesh would be able to post them, but I had to return home with my camera and I haven't got a clue.

I tried to post them and I keep getting the image is to large message. So if one of you rocket scientists can walk me through the procedure to make the pixel size smaller so the images will load. Sorry, I just don't know how to do this. The website I frequent for my Prius is able to re-size pictures somehow and I can load them w/o a problem. How come we can't do that?
Thanks, Michael

Great Job by Marin Acura yesterday - I thought they were fantastic. Fabulous hospitality and helped put on a fun silent auction to which they contributed items as well as soliciting from local businesses, all to aid the gulf cause. <!--StartFragment -->
biggthum.gif
<!--StartFragment -->
biggthum.gif

The personally-cooked charcoal bbq (as opposed to catered) was a nice touch & obviously enjoyed by all.

It's maybe not fair to compare to Stockton, who also did a nice job, but I personally thought the atmosphere was much more relaxed & informal compared to the overly-regimented affair at the valley outfit, which was a little "stiff" - especially the parking routine! All-in-all I felt Marin style was less obviously marketing-for-business driven but for me actually worked more effectively in that net result anyway!

Great day to re-acquaint with old friends & make a few new ones!

Thanks to everyone who was able to make it. Congratulation to all the winners of the auction, enjoy the prizes!! After adding up everything, we were able to raise a total of $1,720!!! :eek: :eek: With Honda matching 100%, it comes out to almost $3,500!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Much thanks to Marin Acura for hosting us, especially David Wood, who really help put this event together. Please feel free to write or call in any appreciation/comments to the dealership. I know it might be a bit much, but it would really mean a lot for the people that put in energy and effort for our club.

Marin Acura
5860 Paradise Drive
Corte Madera, CA 94925
(888) 796-2746

Also please feel free to give David from the dealership a call if you are in the market for a new car. He promised that he will take care of us! :biggrin:

Thanks again to the people who donated prizes for the auction. PermaPlate In&Out Treatment, Total Eclipse for clear bra, and the Phone Guy!

Last but least, I feel one thing was left out for the event. Our club, NSX Club America really came through for donating the Lego model sets (also Travis from The Lego Store in Valley Fair Mall). They were HOT!! For event like this to happen, we like to have support from more people. For those who enjoyed Sat, please feel free to sign up for club membership.

Membership Registration Form

Thanks again, I had a great time!! :biggrin: :biggrin: More pictures please!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks to Shane and a few others that organized this great event. My son VERY much enjoyed it and he is still enjoying it. :biggrin:
Yes, these events are to foster the NSX comraderarie and to give the club more exposure to the public. If you have enjoyed all these gatherings and are not a member yet, please show your support of the NSXCA by at least becoming a member. The Club officers do not get a dime for working paylessly for all these events.
Steve

Thanks everyone for lettin' a prelude guy like myself drop in on some NSX action.. shout out to Shane and David (from marin acura) and whoever else helped coordinate this. IT was a great event and nice to meet all you NSX folks. The BBQ was great, and good idea with the silent auction.. and I got to win the LEgo Enzo! yay!!! putting that together as we speak.. anyways, here's some pics from my camera.. enjoy!

35612540-L.jpg

35612529-L.jpg

35612532-L.jpg

35612568-L.jpg

35612554-L.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to Marin Acura for hosting us and to Shane and others who organized the event. Also thanks to those of you who posted pictures...I'm looking forward to seeing more.

I posted the pictures Lisa (1/2 of Mickeylex) took. They are in the NSX events section of the picture gallery. I hope you all can find them. I may be on the way to learning how to post correctly, so maybe they will show up here when I get the time to figure it out. D'Ecosse is trying to help me. (Thanks Ken)

I had a great time, good food, really nice drive and meeting up with some old friends and making some new ones. Plus the weather was just perfect. :biggrin:

AlexLude said:
Thanks everyone for lettin' a prelude guy like myself drop in on some NSX action.. shout out to Shane and David (from marin acura) and whoever else helped coordinate this. IT was a great event and nice to meet all you NSX folks. The BBQ was great, and good idea with the silent auction.. and I got to win the LEgo Enzo! yay!!! putting that together as we speak.. anyways, here's some pics from my camera.. enjoy!

Well Alex we wouldn't just let any Prelude guy to come tag along u know, like some silver stock auto WRX :wink: (j/k). Nice job on your ride, i have one myself, just put the stock bumper back on and going to sell it soon.

Thanks for the kind word, glad you had a great time as well. how's the Enzo coming along, uh...it says age 10+. :biggrin:

hehehe...anyways, here are the pic from that silver stock WRX chick:

Event Pic

Back