Selling my NSX... AGAIN...

Isn't it amazing how a state leglislature can dictate in this supposedly free country what hours and days your business can be open or closed!?

What possible reason is there for this nonsense?

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Originally posted by Jimbo:
What possible reason is there for this nonsense?

They were lobbied by representatives of that industry to pass the law. Those representatives wanted it passed so that their people could have Sundays at home with their families.

The political environment in Illinois is generally pro-business, rather than pro-consumer, and industry associations have a lot of clout.

However, it's also worth noting that state and municipal governments everywhere regulate the hours of various types of businesses.

If you wish to discuss the political and philosophical reasons for and against doing so, then perhaps the discussion should be moved to the Off Topic forum. That way, we can leave this topic clear for suggestions for David on what car might meet his needs best.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 19 May 2002).]

i own a 02 tl s-type its a great car with only 30 hp short of the nsx and a litte less torque it comes with only one option the nav system but there is a tranny issue with the tl's but you can get one without the nav for under 30g's....check out the acura-tl.com site for more info and opinions.

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
Most car dealers are open on Sundays.... It is a state by state decision...

I don't know if it is a law, but most of the dealerships in my area are closed SATURDAY & SUNDAY and I live in the metro Detroit (you know...the "Motor City") area!!

Disclaimer: I know in my area this applies to the service and parts departments - I am not sure about the sales floor, but still...
confused.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Well, I can almost guarantee that the sales/finance dept. is open on Saturdays......
smile.gif
If not, I think I'm moving there and I can finally stop working 75-80 hrs./wk.

Well you had better hop on a plane, because every dealership I know of is closed Saturday and Sunday. See you in Michigan soon!

David, I am sorry that you are selling especially since I just had a chance to drive a Supercharged, 6spd, 00 nsx. The car is more than I can type. Anyways, call me or email me. I might be able to get you the $8.5M for the business.
Vance

WOW!!!! I'm on my way...... any homes near the beach in MI?

Actually, although there is no ocean in Michigan, the five biggest lakes in the world border our state and I believe that some people have even built houses next to them.
biggrin.gif

Just a quick commercial for Michigan (actually I would rather live in Florida but my Job/Family wouldn't be so crazy about me moving).

------------------
'91 Black/Black

[This message has been edited by Michigan NSX (edited 19 May 2002).]

Originally posted by David Allen:
I went through this same thing more than two years ago when I started Artifact Entertainment and sold my '92 to support the company

So you are the founder of Artifact? I feel like I owe you an apology as I had always thought the "founder sells his NSX to fund the company" story was hype!

I really hope you succeed, Horizons sounds incredibly ambitious. Will you be at E3 this year?

Originally posted by Michigan NSX:
although there is no ocean in Michigan, the five biggest lakes in the world border our state

I don't think so. Four of the five biggest, maybe, but not all five.
wink.gif

Yes Spooky, I was founder of AE and creator of HZ, but I'm no longer with the company (I sold my '92 to fund AE in the beginning).

I have a new company, Pharaoh Productions, and am consolidating my cash while I wait for VCs to actually 'do something'.

------------------
David Allen
'00 Silverstone NSX-T
Comptech SC, Headers, Intake, Exhaust & a little Mark Basch tweakage

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I don't think so. Four of the five biggest, maybe, but not all five.
wink.gif

nsxtasy is correct. Lakes Huron, Michigan, Erie, & Superior border Michigan. Lake Ontario does not (but it is the smallest of the Great Lakes).
biggrin.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Back