sell my 1995 for a 2002-2005?

Would it be worth to sell my 95' for a 2002 + model? I see several guys just doing the exterior conversion but then after spending $12k on the new lights,hood,bumper, rear etc. was wondering why not just save up an extra $10k on top of that and get the 02 model? I have had a 1991 model then sold it because I was getting married :frown: then would not stop crying when I didn't have an NSX so my wife bought me a red 95 targa:biggrin: Have any of you owned a pre 97 and then bought a 02 -05 model and felt a huge difference in the way it drives etc.? I know the engine/tranny is roughly the same on a 97 and upwards.
thanks

I personally think that selling the existing NSX and put more money towards a newer 02+ model is a better way to go. It's not just the exterior look, the interior would also be newer. The car as a whole would be newer as well.
Just me $.02.
There is an 03 yellow for $56K on autotrader and hopefull you can sell your 95 for $45K+.
Good luck

Plus you will always have more equity in a real 02+ than one with a conversion done. So although you initialy spend more, you will get more back when you sell or trade it. If you figure those numbers in, you will see its probably MORE costly to do the conversion in the long run.

I don't like the 02 look but if that's what you want I agree your money would be better spent on a 02+ instead of the upgrade. You'll get a 7 yr (minimum) newer car, NA2 motor and transmission too.

I'm not sure though that you can get $45K for a 95. Seems high to me considering what 97+ cars seem to be selling for including those on Prime.

Now if you had a 1991 like I do and want the +02 look then it makes sense to covert the exterior due to the price differential between our years.

I'm thinking about it...

I was thinking of maybe selling my NSX for around $37k

37K seems like a fair price if u can get it. then you will have to search high and low for a clean 02 plus you going to need about 20 grand more after u sell to get what u want.. I hardly see how that is worth it..unless u have 20 large laying around somewhere..If u do go get ASAP you only live Once..

Good luck

Heck yeah! I would do sell for a newer one. You'd then be going from the slower nsx (due to weight from the T-top and 3.0) to one of the fastest! That's hard to say no too if you have the money. I see it this way, if I die in debt $1,000,000+, then I did pretty dang good as long as I enjoyed my life. Everyone says the debt gets passed onto your kids, but that's what life insurance is for. Do it!

I've been contemplating this too (I have a '92). But I would not own an NSX without a CTSC. With Comptech in it's current state, and the limited '02+s w/ CTSCs for sale I'm sticking with mine for now. Plus I have an emotional attachement to my car (I cried watching Transformers).

This thread made me think that there really were very few 2002-2005 cars made. So I looked at the counts and I found that there were only 877 made between these years and I am sure some have bit the dust.

Makes you (Me) really appreciate how rare these cars really are. Go for the newest one you can find, it will get old slower :biggrin: Steve

I have the complete OEM conversion for sale for $4900.

That include the side skirts and rear plus labor?

I would go with the 02+ from the 95. The extra you are spending would give you the new exterior, newer bigger motor, 6 speed, interior, longevity, etc. Wouldn't feel right to me to do the conversion on the 95 and you would not have all the other features of the 02+. Would look nice but not perform and feel the same. You might regret sinking all the mula and not get it back if you plan to resell later also.

Now if it was a 91-94 I would consider the savings. 95 and up, sell it and get the newer car! Go for it! You only live once!

If you like the 02+ look....it is better to sell your 95 and find you a newer style model.

I have both 92 and 04 .... FWIW, I like the feel of non-ps of my 92 over the 04..... my 92 have CTSC - high boost, aem, , 6 speeds trans, CT headers, CT exhaust..., DF spoiler, DF AIS, Dali sway bar....yada, yada, yada.....
and my 04 is stock.

Good luck on your search.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC04541.jpg
    DSC04541.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 342
If you like the 02+ look....it is better to sell your 95 and find you a newer style model.

I have both 92 and 04 .... FWIW, I like the feel of non-ps of my 92 over the 04..... my 92 have CTSC - high boost, aem, , 6 speeds trans, CT headers, CT exhaust..., DF spoiler, DF AIS, Dali sway bar....yada, yada, yada.....
and my 04 is stock.

Good luck on your search.
attachment.php

Wow! What about the '04? Which one would you keep if you could only keep one?

Nick's black 04 is amazing! I partially talked him into getting it! :biggrin: Hey, don't I get to drive it for my help?!?

Kenny, I would definitely purchase a 02+ rather than do the conversion in your case for the following reasons:

95 vs 02+
A. Bigger Engine
B. Bigger Brakes
C. Perforated Seats
D. No chance of sloppy bodywork(or less chance)
E. Resell, resell, and resell(even if you don't plan to sell) :smile:
F. All things considered, parts on the 02+ are obviously newer
G. 6 speed

Now, if you're 95 is modded in a way that maybe difficult to reconstruct on a 02+, then I can understand doing the conversion vs buying a newer model.

Also, I can understand why owners of coupes do the conversion as well.

Btw, I was partial to the flip up lights. But after seeing a few 02+'s in person, I'm really really starting to like the updated look. I now favor flip up lights 51% to 49% for fixed lights! :biggrin:

HOLY CRAP!!!:eek: Nick. When did you get that '04? More pics would be nice and please come to TEXPO.

Btw, I have heard of many nsxowners who bought their cars drove it for 60k+ miles and then sold them and bought another newer lower mileage NSX.

So keep cryin' brother until the '02 shows up in your garage.:wink:

I too am starting to like the fixed headlights and not only the upgrades on the car over the years is making me want a newer one. But just that it is even more rare. I live in Dallas and I have seen about 12 nsx's total and 4 of those have been the 02+ body style. Not to get off topic but sshhhhhh (I am buying my wife one of those Infiniti FX45 as a gift) and every dealership I go to look at the FX's the sales guys all say " that is a rare car" or " you don't see many of those" when I drive up in the Acura. Even if I never get an 02+ NSX no matter how hard I work or cry to my wife:biggrin: I still feel truly blessed that I have such a great car that Ayrton Senna help design and already a rare dependable exotic that most people wish they could get one but can't. We should all feel this lucky to have had one or have one.

Why would you ruin a classic by throwing some after market body parts on it?Everyone has a oipinion ,but I personaly like the early body style better.Spend that $ on real upgrades and leave them in the dust.Just my opinion.

Back