self closing doors???

i got out my car today, and the driver side window was halfway down, i moderately slammed the door but it didn't close all the way. so when i tried the second time, i slammed it a little bit harder....man,.. i heard a nasty sound, sounds like im breaking something inside the door. have you guys ever experienced this??

then i rememebered a while back when i had my 95 legend coupe. it had automatic self closing doors? i was wondering if it could be possible to retro fit the legend coupe's automatic door feature into the nsx?? that would be awesome, no?

Yep... I agree with NsXMas. I have self closing doors on my BMW 745i, I got my thumb caught once when I was trying to get out of the car in my garage. All I can say is ouch! The machine closed the door shut and all I can think about later that I don't want that to happen to my daughter, wife or anyone else. Thank God I didn't break anything but my thumb looked like something from a cartoon for a good 2 hours until it started to look like my thumb again. So I'm going to try and get it deactivated for the time being.

yeah,..you guys all made good points, but i still think its cool as hell. i also notice that my 00 RL makes this disturbing sound when i close the door with the windows rolled half way. my guess is i think when the last owner replaced the window motor or something, the techs didn't do a good job in putting it back together. or it could just be from usage. but the door shuts fine when the windows are all the way up or down(no clanking sound). the passenger sides are all good though.

any thoughts??

enesexdreamer said:
yeah,..you guys all made good points, but i still think its cool as hell. i also notice that my 00 RL makes this disturbing sound when i close the door with the windows rolled half way. my guess is i think when the last owner replaced the window motor or something, the techs didn't do a good job in putting it back together. or it could just be from usage. but the door shuts fine when the windows are all the way up or down(no clanking sound). the passenger sides are all good though.

any thoughts??
What do you think of Lambo doors on an NSX????

enesexdreamer said:

any thoughts??

RL problem is common. Shut your door with the window half way down. Then see if you can grab the windo and rock it foward and back in its seat. This problem comes from the driver slmming the car door too hard while the window is half way down. As long as the window still works, just leave it. It's not worth the investment to fix it because it will just happen again. I believe this was fixed after '02.

When my windows aren't all the way up and I shut my door with any force there's an annoying rattling noise. I think it's just the window banging around. It' that way on both cars so I assumed it was normal. :frown:

Back