Seeking NSX/Owner with a good story for a TV program called "Style in Steel"

Seeking NSX/Owner with a good story for a TV program called "Style in Steel"

NSXCC was recently approached by a producer to profile one of our NSXs on their program called “Style in Steel” airing on TreasureHD (Rogers 538). While our cars are technically made with aluminum, the producer is quite fond of the NSX and sees high potential for their audience. Samples of the show can be seen HERE.

After further discussions, it has become clear the show is looking for interesting stories about cars and the people who drive them, so the length of time you have owned yours isn’t the main criteria. We are asking anyone who is interested in the spotlight along with a good story to come forward and volunteer your time for the show.

By reply post, please indicate your interest to profile your car and story. You will first be contacted by NSXCC follow by the producer of Style in Steel. The shoot itself will take place around the GTA (416 and 905), and will most likely take half a day (3-4 hrs) to complete.

Post away.

Re: Seeking NSX/Owner with a good story for a TV program called "Style in Steel"

This is so cool to have our NSX and a Club member story featured on this show.

We had an initial chat with the Producer today, and have a good ideal of what he is looking for, both in the story and the Technical features of the NSX. I believe we have a vast pool of Technical material on the NSX development that we can share.

So please share your stories.

Bram

Re: Seeking NSX/Owner with a good story for a TV program called "Style in Steel"

hello joy2Drive

I have pm'd you re this project. please kindly let me know if you have received it.

thank you.

NSXCC was recently approached by a producer to profile one of our NSXs on their program called “Style in Steel” airing on TreasureHD (Rogers 538). While our cars are technically made with aluminum, the producer is quite fond of the NSX and sees high potential for their audience. Samples of the show can be seen HERE.

After further discussions, it has become clear the show is looking for interesting stories about cars and the people who drive them, so the length of time you have owned yours isn’t the main criteria. We are asking anyone who is interested in the spotlight along with a good story to come forward and volunteer your time for the show.

By reply post, please indicate your interest to profile your car and story. You will first be contacted by NSXCC follow by the producer of Style in Steel. The shoot itself will take place around the GTA (416 and 905), and will most likely take half a day (3-4 hrs) to complete.

Post away.

nice a definite must see show :biggrin:

I nominate Stuart for driving his NSX backwards on a racetrack faster than he goes forwards in his Porsche.

I also nominate Dave Dean as he loves to hear the rev limiter kick in on an NSX. Unfortunately he doesn't own one anymore, but he's still listening for that glorious money shift.

I also also nominate Bash - because his NSX isn't an NSX anymore.

I also also also nominate Garrick - because he knows more about fixing NSXs than anyone, but his is never in one piece.

I also also also also nominate our friend and guest speaker at NSXPO 2009. He's raced them, owned them and filled the driver's seat with charisma!

I nominate Stu also, but because the story of how his ass ended up frozen to a fold up chair at Mosport has become legendary - too bad nobody videoed it for YouTube - it would have gone viral. The chair was frozen to his ass! He stood up for his beginner run group and the chair went with him!

But I also nominate Sean for wanting to drive an NSX so badly after he sold his to buy a GT3 that he wedged himself in my way to skinny carbon Kevlar seats for the cause. I had no idea Sean was a contortionist. Maybe he just wanted out of that Pcar so badly he was willing to dislocate his femur head for it. He really loves NSXs!

I had no idea Sean was a contortionist. Maybe he just wanted out of that Pcar so badly he was willing to dislocate his femur head for it. He really loves NSXs!

It's a secret power of many chiropractors.

:eek:

But I also nominate Sean for wanting to drive an NSX so badly after he sold his to buy a GT3 that he wedged himself in my way to skinny carbon Kevlar seats for the cause. I had no idea Sean was a contortionist. Maybe he just wanted out of that Pcar so badly he was willing to dislocate his femur head for it. He really loves NSXs!

I think both of you have great stories and history to share. Too bad neither of you have a NSX to film with.......

Comeon, there must be some of you just itching to tell your story...... PM me if you are too shy to post publically.

Dave bought seats for his car designed for teenage boys. I wonder why?

Those seats are awesome and even better, they're forsale!

Click my sig below.

Looks like we are getting a bit off topic here.

We are still looking for people with good stories and their NSX to profile. Don’t be shy about coming forward.

How about the guys in Ottawa and Kitchener area?

The best story ever is Peters. He bought his gorgeous car new from the dealer what, 18yrs ago?

He has treated it like gold and has done some incredible and insightful modifications. His restaurant has a painting of it in the can!

He will never sell it.

The perfect story right there.

^^^^^ +1 For Peter The Devil.

Peter's story would make a great fit. But are there no better spots to hang the painting than the can?

We met another black 94 original owner with 300,000+ on the clock. He has SOS added the SC/intercooler plus other modernized bells and whistles, now the car is pulling 450whp and have all the toys you can imagine. Wondering when he will step up and chime in. Peter you too!!

What's with these 94 one-owner cars? Must be a special year.

Last edited:

I would like to share my story ...

A University student did a thesis on my life 2 years ago

I didn't even know her

I have been asked to writing a book...

The working title is "Just One Chance"...

Gary

Send us a copy of the Story, and we'll review the contents and let you know, if this is what we are looking to submit.

Bram

Peter's story would make a great fit. But are there no better spots to hang the painting than the can?

We met another black 94 original owner with 300,000+ on the clock. He has SOS added the SC/intercooler plus other modernized bells and whistles, now the car is pulling 450whp and have all the toys you can imagine. Wondering when he will step up and chime in. Peter you too!!

What's with these 94 one-owner cars? Must be a special year.
Just saw the episode today with the guy with the '94 black 300,000+ kms. I thought the video coverage was excellent .. the car looks stunning for being 18 years old. I think they had the commentary about the car essentially correct although they kept referring to it as a Honda. Overall .. a great story.

We watched the episode at our renewal party back in April. Jim (Plastics) made all of us proud. Mind you the filming took quite some time to schedule after repeat scheduling conflict and weather delay. The episode was actually filmed in overcast weather with moderate rain, but it turned out okay.

Plastics has the episode on DVD, but not sure if anyone has a copy uploaded to a share site.

The half hour episode was broadcast in HD (720p) and I have extracted the NSX segment which is about 8 or 9 minutes. If people are interested ..and with Jim's ok, I could post it somewhere. It's in AVCHD format so in addition to watching it online, you could use the file and your favorite video editing software to create a DVD on standard DVD media (since it's small enough) but it would still play in HD on any Blu-Ray player.

Ian,

I don't think that Jim will have a problem if you post the a copy online for others to enjoy.

We can get copies made, for NSXCC members if there is enough interest.

Bram

Agree with Bram. Jim showed the DVD to 25 members at our club renewal party so I don't think he was shy to share. Not to mention this is a public broadcasted TV show, so by default he has already agree to show the world his prized possession.

Go ahead and upload the link. It was/still is a proud moment for this Canadian!! Way the go Jim!

It was a great experince but shocking to see 7 hours of filming resulting in a 7 minute segment. Funny enough, what I said and what came out was movie magic at its best! In any event, I certaintly have no issue with the showing,
I joined the club for one reason and one reason only....to meet a rare group of people who share the same enthusiam as I do over a car take makes us all extremely proud.
By the way, I am typing this somewhere over the Altantic at 35000 ft...now thats magic!!!

Back