Seeking leads for a 02-05 Acura NSX 6 Speed Manual - help appreciated

I am considering the 03 black at Niello for 60k but it has previous paint work so the price doesn't seem to attract me as much anymore. However, it is a Acura CPO so I did ask if they had any promotional financing.

Besides the obvious ones on autotrader.com, ect. Anybody run into any good deals? Prefer blue, black, silver. I'm over in WASHDC but will travel anywhere for the right one :-). Under 60k please.

Any leads appreciated

Last edited:
Purchase the newest one you can afford, in good shape of course - obviously.

Do the math:
1991 in great condition = $30k - 15 years old, multiple owners, unknown amount of track mileage

2003 for $60k = 3 years old, limited mileage, one owner you can meet (potentially), potentially zero track mileage, warranty + all the refinements since 91.

You can drive the 2003 for 10 years and not spend a penny on maintenance. How much maintenance will you spend on a 91 over 10 years? New motor rebuild, numerous other issues that arise with a 15-25 year old car. A good paint job alone will be $5k+, which a driven 91 will need at some point for sure.

Different story if you think you'll only keep it a few years though.

I looked at that NSX as well at Niello. Came close to buying it however the paint issue made me decide not to. The mileage is a bit high for the $$ as well. I was patient and found a White 97' with 9,600 miles about 6 blocks from my office and I am picking it up next week. Purchase price is going to be $48,000. If you are patient you will find the right one.

I also looked at the Black one at Niello and while it looked nice, I couldn't get over the paint issue. I will say that if Niello didnt tell me about it, I would have never noticed it. Kudos to Niello for that. The black one does have a few rock chips on the hood as well. Other than that, it is a very clean car. I would ask them to lower the price a few thousand. Fwiw, I bought the Silver 03 from Niello.

skibanker... I get your point but I was not even considering a 90's model. I want 02-05!

bunta - the silver 05 at Marin is 79,988 - $19,980 more then my budget :-)

dxd - nice find! I would also prefer low mileage! I want a garage queen!

maximus - Paint work is not good... but i'll contact them and see what they have to offer. Afterall its been in the showroom for nearly half a year and they are getting new lease returns in the next couple of months.

It didnt have a lot, but it was noticible. Not sure about financing as I had mine in place when I bought the car.

Nothing to be sorry about... just another good lead. Thanks.

fyi - the 05 blue 11850 miles on eBay has a replacement front right fender, hood also repainted and paint blended into the passenger door.

Last edited:
I was snooping around prime and saw that silver one was picked up by someone lucky ! Only if I was a bit faster! Haggle or was asking price low? Just curious. You can PM me if you like. Thanks!

Hehe, that was me:) I paid 61k for it. I had to haggle a bit. The car was in awesome condition w/6k miles.

I know when I was looking last year (Sept-Oct) there was an 04' Silverstone at a dealership in FL. They had it listed on eBay FOREVER, but I don't think it ever sold. I believe they were asking $70k but they've been holding onto it for quite some time, so I bet they'd be willing to come down...

There's a silver 05 at Marin Acura. Just saw it today as I was driving by.

Anyone know the milage on this car? Anything in Marin isn't going to be cheap, thats one of the most expensive areas in the whole country.

Mileage is 16,935.

Dude, look at my avatar, and look at your avatar... did you use a special fuzzy lens for that pic? you should be banned from this forum for disgracing such a nice NSX with that photography work... :tongue:

Thanks for all your replys to my original post. Maximus could you recommend me a sales rep at Niello Sacramento. thx

If you use adobe photoshop it won't fuzz out your pictures when resizing. MS Paint is horrible.

Last edited:
Sure can! Ask for Warren Gonzales. He was my rep and a very nice guy. Tell him Sang sent ya!

Dude, look at my avatar, and look at your avatar... did you use a special fuzzy lens for that pic? you should be banned from this forum for disgracing such a nice NSX with that photography work... :tongue:

Hehe, actually the original pic was decent. Not sure what happened when I shrunk it down.

On another note: For those who have seen the black one currently at Niello - any marks on the wheels - is the under carriage clean - scratches on center console? I'm going to try to call Mr. Gonzales and get some more details later today. thx

I guess for my first post I would like to say hello and thanks to the prime community. I've been reading everyones post for a while. Lots of good and useful information. I'm not ready to buy just yet as I need to sell off one of my babys.:frown: I test drove the black/black NSX at Neillo and they were asking for 62K at the time. A few weeks ago I was there and saw it for 59K. They might even go down a bit from there.

I also was looking at the silver/black one as well as that would be my second choice. Never got to take it for a spin as I see someone lucky did and decided to keep it.:smile:

Some infomation for anybody interested. I called Niello and here are the answers to my questions.
1. Assume I have excellent credit it would be 6.5%
2. They can help me find a shipping which will run around $1500
3. Asked about the price and they said "absolutly firm"

Now I figure neg is best done in person. Shipping and my airfare would be an extra $2000. Dealer financing isn't all great with CPO vehicles. I'm going to search for something on the east coast and perhaps private. I'll update you guys/gals with what I find.

Back