Second thoughts on my first NSX?

My first NSX is on its way to me today!!

1991 Red/Ivory, with 38K miles. Not in SR range, and
all the following completed: AC conversion to R134, replaced AC controls, brake fluid, oil pump gasket, coolants replaced, valve adjustment, clutch inspection and fluid flush done, antenna mast replaced, Timing Belt
Water Pump done. Also replaced timing belt cover, alternator belt, window regs and compressor belt.

Runs tight, never wrecked, all receipts.
Paid $31,900.
Sure is fun, but did I overpay?

(Thanks to all here who helped make this possible!)

Sounds like a good deal to me.
Enjoy, and post pics!:biggrin:

Once your tooling around town in it, you will no longer feel remorse, but you will have a big smile on your face. I bought a new one, and I know I paid too much. But after two weeks I don't care. I am one happy camper and so should you be!!! :biggrin: ......Steve

that is defintly a good deal! nice buy!

i found a 1992 black nsx with 28k miles for 32k- it had 1997 nsx wheels on it! i had planned on buying a 91,92 and putting 97,98 nsx wheels on it, it would cost about 2k for those wheels and whala this guy already had it done! nsx's from the earlier years are going for alot less than what i figured they would costs, its one of the reasons i am interested in the nsx, there really nothing better to buy with 35k :)

Re: Second thoughts on my first NSX? (Pix)

Thanks to everyone. I'm so excited for this car to arrive! To the left is my car! The car is coming with stock wheels, and the ones in the photos are being shipped separately. Was told the rears are 19's.

Anyone know the kind/quality of these? Thanks again to all--I'm beginning to feel I got a fair deal.

Last edited:
Re: Second thoughts on my first NSX? (Pix)

Link to pics said sign up..did not show your pictures.
My 91 has double the mileage but a few upgrades that I would have done anyway and I paid $28.5 so we're all in the ballpark.
Kidztchr7 said:
Thanks to everyone. I'm so excited for this car to arrive! Below are some photos. The car is coming with stock wheels, and the ones in the photos are being shipped separately. Was told the rears are 19's.
Anyone know what kind/quality of these? Thanks again to all--I'm beginning to feel I got a fair deal.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=291187694305&page=1&sort_order=0

I definitely think you did not overpay. Sounds like you got a good deal on a nice car. Congrats on the new ride. You will love it.

It seems like you received a good deal. I just paid $35K for my '94 w/ 18K miles. I've had it in the shop for some very minor stuff but so far the car has been great. Definately my favorite.

So the car is in good shape, you have virtually ZERO depreciation from this point on, you essentially bought a super reliable super cool supercar for what most people pay for a camry, and you think you may have not gotten a good deal? Believe me even if you paid 5K more than what the market is its still a damn good deal. I wouldn't worry about it for a second.

Valves adjusted, TB, waterpump, sounds terrific! I agree, you are facing an extremely rare circumstance of basically 0 depreciation on a high class car that is still reliable.

sahtt said:
... you are facing an extremely rare circumstance of basically 0 depreciation on a high class car that is still reliable.

So you think if he doubles the miles on the car in the next 4 years it'll still be worth 32K? How about a little wager? :smile:

I bet it will be worth more than any other car that you double 38K miles on... I can guarantee that!

Be happy with that purchase. Sounds like a great car and the price seems very fair. And congrats on the Red/Ivory! It's only the best combo ever...:wink: :biggrin:

I cannot tell you how much I have appreciated your kind words and encouragement. Though I know the price was fair, on a teacher's salary I guess I just needed to hear it from the community I've come to respect most.
Thanks!
Jerry

Back